[guide][how to get kitkat/jb/ics title bar on gb devices]

Search This thread

Akshay Kumar Raheja

Oct 17, 2013
HOW TO GET KITKAT/JB/ICS TITLE BAR ON GINGERBREAD DEVICES​

THIS GUIDE IS TOTALLY MADE BY ME.

wuNd9eU.png

I KNOW THERE'S ALREADY A GUIDE FOR THIS BY SIR SPACECAKER. BUT THIS ONE IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THAT ONE. AND IN THIS GUIDE, THE TITLE BAR DOESN'T SCROLL WITH SCROLLING WINDOWS CONTENT :D:cowboy:

REQUIREMENTS:
1. APKTOOL
2. PC WITH JDK Installed.
3. framework-res.apk,twframework-res.apk, Services.jar,Settings.apk or any other apk you want to apply Kitkat/JB/ICS title bar to.
4. KNOWLEDGE ABOUT DECOMPILING, RECOMPILING, EDITING ETC(Don’t ask me how to do that. Use xda search options instead)
5. PATIENCE
IF YOU’VE ACCESS TO ALL THE REQUIRED STUFF, YOU CAN PROCEED WITH PROCEDURE.

HOW TO APPLY KITKAT/JB/ICS TITLE BAR IN SETTINGS

1. First decide which type of title bar you want in your Rom. Then download its zip from below(ICS, JB, OR KITKAT TITLE BAR).
2. Now decompile framework-res.apk.
3. Now extract the content of downloaded zip in decompiled framework-res.apk.
4. Now open /decompiled_framework-res.apk/res/values/styles.xml and add this above this line "</resources>"
Code:
<style name="Theme.sett" parent="@style/Theme">
        <item name="windowTitleSize">@dimen/akrtb</item>
        <item name="windowTitleStyle">@style/WindowTitlesettt</item>
        <item name="windowTitleBackgroundStyle">@style/settt</item>
     </style>
    <style name="settt">
        <item name="background">@drawable/djbtitle</item>
    </style>
    <style name="WindowTitlesettt">
        <item name="textAppearance">@style/TextAppearance.WindowTitle.sett</item>
        <item name="singleLine">true</item>
        <item name="drawableLeft">@drawable/set_akr_m</item>
    </style>
    <style name="TextAppearance.WindowTitle.sett" parent="@style/TextAppearance">
        <item name="textSize">19.0sp</item>
        <item name="textStyle">normal</item>
        <item name="textColor">#ffffffff</item>
    </style>
    <style name="Theme.sett_i" parent="@style/Theme">
        <item name="windowTitleStyle">@style/WindowTitlesettt_i</item>
     </style>
    <style name="WindowTitlesettt_i">
        <item name="drawableLeft">@drawable/set_akr_i</item>
    </style>
Now open /decompiled_framework-res.apk/res/values/dimens.xml and add this above this line "</resources>"
Code:
<dimen name="akrtb">50.0dip</dimen>

5. Now recompile framework-res.apk and install the new framework-res.apk again using "apktool if framework-res.apk" command in command prompt. and do same with "twframework-res.apk" using this "apktool if twframework-res.apk" command.
6. Now decompile Settings.apk and open /decompiled_Settings.apk/AndroidManifest.xml. after uses-permission codes, it looks like this (see pic below).
jelga6w.png

You have to add these highlightes codes in your AndroidManifest.xml in same place
Code:
android:theme="@android:style/Theme.sett_i"
android:theme="@android:style/Theme.sett"
7. Now recompile your Settings.apk and don’t forget to sign it because we have changed AndroidManifest.xml. Now you need to disable Signature verifications in your Services.jar otherwise Settings.apk will not work.
HOW TO DISABLE SIGNATURE VERIFICATIONS IN SERVICES.JAR
a. Decompile Services.jar and open /decompiled_Services.jar/smali/com/android/server/packagemanagerservice.smali and look for this code :
Code:
.method checkSignaturesLP([Landroid/content/pm/Signature;[Landroid/content/pm/Signature;)]
.registers 10
.parameter "s1"
.parameter "s2"

.prologue
.line 1922
and modify it like this :
Code:
.method checkSignaturesLP([Landroid/content/pm/Signature;[Landroid/content/pm/Signature;)]
.registers 10
.parameter "s1"
.parameter "s2"

.prologue
.line 1922
const/4 v6, 0x0
8. Now push all the three files(Settings.apk, framework-res.apk and Services.jar) in your Phone using adb, or by making flashable zip or by any means. :p

HOW TO APPLY KITKAT/JB/ICS TITLE BAR IN USER APPS

1. First Decompile the apk you want to have this title bar. Lets say “xyz.apk”
2. Now extract the downloaded folder in your decompiled apk.
3. Now open /decompiled_xyz.apk/res/values/Styles.xml and add this above this line
"</resources>"
Code:
<style name="Theme.akr.xyz" parent="@android:style/Theme">
    <item name="android:windowTitleSize">50.0dip</item>
    <item name="android:windowTitleStyle">@style/WindowTitleakr_xyz</item>
    <item name="android:windowTitleBackgroundStyle">@style/akr_xyz</item>
</style>
<style name="akr_xyz">
    <item name="android:background">@drawable/djbtitle</item>
</style>
<style name="WindowTitleakr_xyz">
    <item name="android:textAppearance">@style/TextAppearance.WindowTitle.akr</item>
    <item name="android:singleLine">true</item>
    <item name="android:drawableLeft">@drawable/set_akr_m</item>
</style>
<style name="TextAppearance.WindowTitle.akr" parent="@android:style/TextAppearance">
    <item name="android:textSize">19.0sp</item>
    <item name="android:textStyle">normal</item>
    <item name="android:textColor">#ffffffff</item>
</style>
4. Now open directory /decompiled_xyz.apk/res/drawable-ldpi/ and change "set_akr_m.png" with the png you want to be shown on title bar and make sure that your png size doesn’t exceed 40x36 pixels.
5. Now open /decompiled_xyz.apk/AndroidManifest.xml and add this code after <application as you did in case of Settings.apk.
Code:
android:theme="@style/Theme.akr.xyz"
6. Recompile and sign it now. And install it ;)

Attachments

• ICS_AKR.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 292
  • JB_AKR.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 292
  • KITKAT_AKR.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 681
Last edited:

Minions_Army

Nov 7, 2012
【Gru Laboratories】
waw look like actionbar sherlock

nice +1
EDIT Need Help

after recompile framework-res.apk

i have a little problem

framework.apk\res\values\styles.xml:1075: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'windowTitleSize' with value '@dimens/arktb

i have add dimens in values but cannot recompile

and settings.apk too
i has instaling framework-res.apk and twframework also

and in service jar has different smali..
Code:
.method checkSignaturesLP([Landroid/content/pm/Signature;[Landroid/content/pm/Signature;)I
    .registers 10
    .parameter "s1"
    .parameter "s2"

.prologue
    .line 1946

this is in my service jar

attachement added if u want to help me :D :D

thanks a lot

Last edited:

Akshay Kumar Raheja

Oct 17, 2013

nice +1

hi Minions_Army,
don't forget to share screenshot after it is done. ;)
Edit : Minions_Army, kindly attatch twframework-res.apk too from your phone.

Thanks bro :)

plsss tell... how to change the title bar color..
Hi Kartik Verma,
Edit this .9.png to change title bar background --> akrtbld.9.png(placed in drawable-ldpi)

Last edited:

Akshay Kumar Raheja

Oct 17, 2013
ure using galaxy pocket?

No its pocket duos.(s5302). Just upload your twframework-res.apk. I'll do it for you :cowboy:
EDIT : one more thing btw, check your framework-res.apk again. because in guide i've written to add "<item name="windowTitleSize">@dimens/akrtb</item>" but in your previous reply, you wrote "<item name="windowTitleSize">@dimens/arktb</item>". i think this is where the problem is. anyways, just try it and if it doesn't work, send me twframework-res.apk, i'll do it for you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Minions_Army

Minions_Army

Nov 7, 2012
【Gru Laboratories】
No its pocket duos.(s5302). Just upload your twframework-res.apk. I'll do it for you :cowboy:
EDIT : one more thing btw, check your framework-res.apk again. because in guide i've written to add "<item name="windowTitleSize">@dimens/akrtb</item>" but in your previous reply, you wrote "<item name="windowTitleSize">@dimens/arktb</item>". i think this is where the problem is. anyways, just try it and if it doesn't work, send me twframework-res.apk, i'll do it for you :)

thanks man
tw framework added
:)

Attachments

• twframework-res.apk
    362.1 KB · Views: 41

Akshay Kumar Raheja

Oct 17, 2013
thanks man
tw framework added
:)
Hi Minions_Army, please check your twframework-res.apk again because i think you've attached wrong twframework-res.apk. i tried 3 times to decompile Settings.apk with framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk(given by you ofcourse) installed but it always shows resources problems with twframework-res.apk. kindly check again and upload correct twframework-res.apk. :)
does the back function work?
hi AuliaYF,
no it doesn't support back button function on title bar.

Minions_Army

Nov 7, 2012
【Gru Laboratories】
Hi Minions_Army, please check your twframework-res.apk again because i think you've attached wrong twframework-res.apk. i tried 3 times to decompile Settings.apk with framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk(given by you ofcourse) installed but it always shows resources problems with twframework-res.apk. kindly check again and upload correct twframework-res.apk. :)

hi AuliaYF,

oh sorry
i forget about this...u must install framework res.apk ics/jb/kk before decompile settings

Reactions: qromwel

Akshay Kumar Raheja

Oct 17, 2013
oh sorry
i forget about this...u must install framework res.apk ics/jb/kk before decompile settings

here it is. hope it works :p
if it works, great and if not then inform me along with logcat. but i'm sure that i'll work :)
EDIT : and one more thing, i've removed framework-res.apk. just don't worry about. make a flashable zip with these files (Settings.apk and Services.jar) and flash it. :cowboy:

Attachments

• services.jar
    776.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Settings.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Minions_Army

Nov 7, 2012
【Gru Laboratories】
if it works, great and if not then inform me along with logcat. but i'm sure that i'll work :)
EDIT : and one more thing, i've removed framework-res.apk. just don't worry about. make a flashable zip with these files (Settings.apk and Services.jar) and flash it. :cowboy:

thanks

ure cool man

Attachments

• SC20140706-191204.png
    SC20140706-191204.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Akshay Kumar Raheja

Oct 17, 2013
Yeah. Working but one problem :p seems like i reversed the pngs lol
Anyways no need to worry. Just follow these steps.
1. Decompile your current Settings.apk
2. Go to /Decompiled_Settings.apk/res/drawable-ldpi/ and search for these two pngs (set_akr_i.png and set_akr_m.png)
3. Now rename set_akr_m.png to set_akr_i.png.
And rename set_akr_i.png to set_akr_m.png
4. Recompile again and push in /system/app/here.

Sorry for the trouble :p actually i was doing some other work too while modding your Settings.apk and i probably mixed it up. Lol

AuliaYF

Jun 7, 2013
Bekasi, Indonesia
back button support would be easy to add though, we can modify the Activity title layout in framework and make new imagebutton code in java with a Back button intent inside and then it would be working on almost 99% of all apps.

Sent from my Acer S500 CloudMobile

oh you're right! but do we need to put this to the activity?
Code:
<activity
        android:name=".B"
        android:label="B" 
        android:launchMode="singleTop">
        <meta-data
            android:name="android.support.PARENT_ACTIVITY"
            android:value="com.example.app_name.A" />
  </activity>

Akshay Kumar Raheja

Oct 17, 2013
back button support would be easy to add though, we can modify the Activity title layout in framework and make new imagebutton code in java with a Back button intent inside and then it would be working on almost 99% of all apps.

Sent from my Acer S500 CloudMobile

that's great sir. if it works, we can have original like action bar on gingerbread devices too :good:
btw sir sorry but i don't know what you're talking about. i'm just a kid and have enough knowledge about structures of apks, xmls, layouts and how it works etc but don't have much idea about smali coding. hope you can help me to make the guide more better :D
EDIT : one more question sir, if we edit the activity title layout in framework-res.apk to have a back button image with a java code with a back button intend inside. it will be shown on all apps activities(including main activity too). will it not create problems? i mean main activity will also have a back button title bar and if we press it, it'll close the app? isn't it like that? :confused:
so i was thinking if there's a way to make two activity title bar layouts. one which will work for main activity of apps and another one which will work for other activities of apps. :)

Last edited:

AuliaYF

Jun 7, 2013
Bekasi, Indonesia
that's great sir. if it works, we can have original like action bar on gingerbread devices too :good:
btw sir sorry but i don't know what you're talking about. i'm just a kid and have enough knowledge about structures of apks, xmls, layouts and how it works etc but have no idea about smali coding. hope you can help me to make the guide more better :D
EDIT : one more question sir, if we edit the activity title layout in framework-res.apk to have a back button image with an java code with a back button intend inside. it will be shown on all apps activities(including main activity too). will it not create problems? i mean main activity will also have a back button title bar and if we press it, it'll close the app? isn't it like that? :confused:
so i was thinking if there's a way to make two activity title bar layouts. one which will work for main activity of apps and another one which will work for other activities of apps. :)

the only way to do the 'back' thing is using NavUtils(), and if we put inside framework the context becomes framework's context, not the application's context, the activity title layout created by framework, not the application, i tried :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOW TO GET KITKAT/JB/ICS TITLE BAR ON GINGERBREAD DEVICES​

THIS GUIDE IS TOTALLY MADE BY ME.

wuNd9eU.png

I KNOW THERE'S ALREADY A GUIDE FOR THIS BY SIR SPACECAKER. BUT THIS ONE IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THAT ONE. AND IN THIS GUIDE, THE TITLE BAR DOESN'T SCROLL WITH SCROLLING WINDOWS CONTENT :D:cowboy:

REQUIREMENTS:
    1. APKTOOL
    2. PC WITH JDK Installed.
    3. framework-res.apk,twframework-res.apk, Services.jar,Settings.apk or any other apk you want to apply Kitkat/JB/ICS title bar to.
    4. KNOWLEDGE ABOUT DECOMPILING, RECOMPILING, EDITING ETC(Don’t ask me how to do that. Use xda search options instead)
    5. PATIENCE
    IF YOU’VE ACCESS TO ALL THE REQUIRED STUFF, YOU CAN PROCEED WITH PROCEDURE.

HOW TO APPLY KITKAT/JB/ICS TITLE BAR IN SETTINGS

1. First decide which type of title bar you want in your Rom. Then download its zip from below(ICS, JB, OR KITKAT TITLE BAR).
    2. Now decompile framework-res.apk.
    3. Now extract the content of downloaded zip in decompiled framework-res.apk.
    4. Now open /decompiled_framework-res.apk/res/values/styles.xml and add this above this line "</resources>"
    Code:
    <style name="Theme.sett" parent="@style/Theme">
            <item name="windowTitleStyle">@style/WindowTitlesettt</item>
         </style>
        <style name="settt">
            <item name="background">@drawable/djbtitle</item>
        </style>
        <style name="WindowTitlesettt">
            <item name="drawableLeft">@drawable/set_akr_m</item>
        </style>
        <style name="TextAppearance.WindowTitle.sett" parent="@style/TextAppearance">
            <item name="textSize">19.0sp</item>
            <item name="textStyle">normal</item>
            <item name="textColor">#ffffffff</item>
        </style>
        <style name="Theme.sett_i" parent="@style/Theme">
            <item name="windowTitleStyle">@style/WindowTitlesettt_i</item>
         </style>
        <style name="WindowTitlesettt_i">
            <item name="drawableLeft">@drawable/set_akr_i</item>
        </style>
    Now open /decompiled_framework-res.apk/res/values/dimens.xml and add this above this line "</resources>"
    Code:
    <dimen name="akrtb">50.0dip</dimen>

5. Now recompile framework-res.apk and install the new framework-res.apk again using "apktool if framework-res.apk" command in command prompt. and do same with "twframework-res.apk" using this "apktool if twframework-res.apk" command.
    6. Now decompile Settings.apk and open /decompiled_Settings.apk/AndroidManifest.xml. after uses-permission codes, it looks like this (see pic below).
    jelga6w.png

You have to add these highlightes codes in your AndroidManifest.xml in same place
    Code:
    android:theme="@android:style/Theme.sett_i"
    android:theme="@android:style/Theme.sett"
    7. Now recompile your Settings.apk and don’t forget to sign it because we have changed AndroidManifest.xml. Now you need to disable Signature verifications in your Services.jar otherwise Settings.apk will not work.
    HOW TO DISABLE SIGNATURE VERIFICATIONS IN SERVICES.JAR
    a. Decompile Services.jar and open /decompiled_Services.jar/smali/com/android/server/packagemanagerservice.smali and look for this code :
    Code:
    .registers 10
    .parameter "s1"
    .parameter "s2"

.prologue
    .line 1922
    and modify it like this :
    Code:
    .registers 10
    .parameter "s1"
    .parameter "s2"

.prologue
    .line 1922
    const/4 v6, 0x0
    8. Now push all the three files(Settings.apk, framework-res.apk and Services.jar) in your Phone using adb, or by making flashable zip or by any means. :p

HOW TO APPLY KITKAT/JB/ICS TITLE BAR IN USER APPS

1. First Decompile the apk you want to have this title bar. Lets say “xyz.apk”
    2. Now extract the downloaded folder in your decompiled apk.
    3. Now open /decompiled_xyz.apk/res/values/Styles.xml and add this above this line
    "</resources>"
    Code:
    <style name="Theme.akr.xyz" parent="@android:style/Theme">
        <item name="android:windowTitleSize">50.0dip</item>
        <item name="android:windowTitleStyle">@style/WindowTitleakr_xyz</item>
        <item name="android:windowTitleBackgroundStyle">@style/akr_xyz</item>
    </style>
    <style name="akr_xyz">
        <item name="android:background">@drawable/djbtitle</item>
    </style>
    <style name="WindowTitleakr_xyz">
        <item name="android:textAppearance">@style/TextAppearance.WindowTitle.akr</item>
        <item name="android:singleLine">true</item>
        <item name="android:drawableLeft">@drawable/set_akr_m</item>
    </style>
    <style name="TextAppearance.WindowTitle.akr" parent="@android:style/TextAppearance">
        <item name="android:textSize">19.0sp</item>
        <item name="android:textStyle">normal</item>
        <item name="android:textColor">#ffffffff</item>
    </style>
    4. Now open directory /decompiled_xyz.apk/res/drawable-ldpi/ and change "set_akr_m.png" with the png you want to be shown on title bar and make sure that your png size doesn’t exceed 40x36 pixels.
    5. Now open /decompiled_xyz.apk/AndroidManifest.xml and add this code after <application as you did in case of Settings.apk.
    Code:
    android:theme="@style/Theme.akr.xyz"
    6. Recompile and sign it now. And install it ;)

nice +1

hi Minions_Army,
    don't forget to share screenshot after it is done. ;)
    Edit : Minions_Army, kindly attatch twframework-res.apk too from your phone.

Thanks bro :)

plsss tell... how to change the title bar color..
    Hi Kartik Verma,
    Edit this .9.png to change title bar background --> akrtbld.9.png(placed in drawable-ldpi)
    ure using galaxy pocket?

hi AuliaYF,

oh sorry
    oh sorry