Official ICS Firmware for Galaxy Young GT-S5360

Search This thread

Androlover98

Jan 30, 2013
Mumbai
Dudes better than questioning samsung I guess we should build an ICS rom from source.android.com.
I guess that wud be better, else samsung wud take decades to build an update for our beloved SGY .
It would be buggy though :p
Unless broadcom releases source cant do anything

Last edited:

paul vity

Mar 12, 2013
España
I believe that it is an interesting request, but that it will be able to come to good term.
I say it because our phone GT-S5360 is not completely qualified for a Firmware as the ICS or the jelly Bean, since they are for models with any more CPU, any more RAM, etc.
To look what it spends with the port of Cyanogenmod 9, it has never just worked well.
It is my opinion and equal I am wrong, but this is what I believe.

up,up

GaEul

Sep 4, 2012
Tokyo
Ur right, there's already one out here in our country and it's jellybean.

Sent from my EVO X using xda premium

MohitDMO

Jul 11, 2013
Ranchi
hey this thread was started originally by me...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2359496

Sent from Tech-Heaven

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

i dont think its about price......because galaxy star is cheaper than sgy and has JB.......i even played temple run Oz in it without any root/chainfire 3D.....

Sent from Tech-Heaven

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

BTW yours thread is better than mine.....
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2359496

:D:D:D:D

Sent from Tech-Heaven

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

i posted your change.com link in my thread..............lets force the hell out of Samsung Electronics.......:D:D:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from Tech-Heaven

Reactions: paul vity

paul vity

Mar 12, 2013
España

Hello Bruno:

In my forum, HTCMania, I have put a direct linkage to this post and to the blog where it is signed, in order to that more people sign and is having a lot of success, since we are great the users dle Young in this forum.
Do we ask ourselves that all the signatures would be necessary so that this request had success and the one who orders this request to Samsung, your or another person?.
Also we ask ourselves if we might do something more so that this request was coming to his destination.
Thanks for everything

ZhaoPH

Apr 25, 2013
Samsung will not roll out any update or upgrade for Galaxy Y :sly:

Sent from my Smartphone using Hyperion 8

raj.parekh07

May 18, 2012
Samsung will not roll out any update or upgrade for Galaxy Y :sly:

Sent from my Smartphone using Hyperion 8

Please guys open your eyes
Why Samsung would bother for an outdated crap
And they already released version two of this phone

Make a note

Samsung isn't gonna release any update
Over and out

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mitko

Oct 29, 2009
It's pretty obvious why they released a new model called Galaxy Young which has JB.

They have experienced people who with their knowledge know and understand that any version higher than 2.3.6 would have bad performance or wouldn't include all of the features so they released a totally new model with small hardware improvements that are actually capable of running something higher than 2.3.6 on the pretty much the same price range as our current Galaxy Y.

@fifa2191 if you don't wanna help then stay out of this forum

Sent from Tech-Heaven

@MohitDMO sorry to say, but what's the truth is truth. Why would they release something new for an outdated phone? As mentioned earlier, they already did the updates for new versions of the same phone. And in the unrooted state, there's no way we can run ICS. JB is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy out of the dreams. The physical memory, processing capacity and the internal storage is not enough to fit inside our device

Reactions: luqman98

philsilvers

Feb 25, 2019
It's pretty obvious why they released a new model called Galaxy Young which has JB.

They have experienced people who with their knowledge know and understand that any version higher than 2.3.6 would have bad performance or wouldn't include all of the features so they released a totally new model with small hardware improvements that are actually capable of running something higher than 2.3.6 on the pretty much the same price range as our current Galaxy Y.
I agree

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Dudes better than questioning samsung I guess we should build an ICS rom from source.android.com.
I guess that wud be better, else samsung wud take decades to build an update for our beloved SGY .
It would be buggy though :p
Unless broadcom releases source cant do anything
What about cm

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

The update will be too large for SGY because /system partition is too damn small.
I agree

Top Liked Posts