Anybody working on s-off???

Search This thread

trancefreak64

Jan 22, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm just going to hang back and wait. This HTC M8 is new device so something will come along soon. I think the M7 took a couple months for REVONE and Moonshine. Since I am in the Sprint super duper club it would probably take me a month to get a new device with my Sponsor.

DruoGaby

May 31, 2013
u know what i noticed...are u guys waiting for the adb shell su to kick in,,,it took a while on this new one...and i didnt wait for it on the old device i turned in..lolol but that one had radio issues...but u need to wait till it pops up on phone..grant permission...and wait for the hash tag to show on the pc..if u do it all in one with out root it will fail

trancefreak64

Jan 22, 2011
Los Angeles
u know what i noticed...are u guys waiting for the adb shell su to kick in,,,it took a while on this new one...and i didnt wait for it on the old device i turned in..lolol but that one had radio issues...but u need to wait till it pops up on phone..grant permission...and wait for the hash tag to show on the pc..if u do it all in one with out root it will fail

NOPE! I get the message that says Whelp that sucks your device is not supported after I hit Yes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i did look around...there is no root for my device yet...different hardware and release date..firewater only works on the earlier releases of the phone

u might want to tell us what device you're using then, my psychic powers are a bit rusty and this is in the forum for the sprint htc one m8

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app
    anybody working on this or ....id love to have it...plus i cant change anything on my damn system without it!!...i like stock and clean it up myself

Did you look around? S-off has been out since the first or second week after release.

edit: FAQ post in this same forum. Question #10
    Ive found out this...

The HTC M8's are made in different "batches". Each batch of phones they produce will generally have all the same internal parts, from the same parts manufacturer. SOME batches of phones have internal board parts that came from a DIFFERENT parts manufacturer, because HTC ran out of the last run of parts from previous manufacturer. In other words, HTC may produce phones with exactly the same parts, but the parts may come from different manufacturers. So, certain parts from certain manufacturers make it not s-off-able.

This is my understanding, correct me if you think I'm wrong, or you know something I don't.

I'm going to exchange mine and better luck with the 2nd, hopefully it will come from a "good batch" ;)