Convert any QVGA M2D theme to VGA -- Themes are here--

Search This thread

nlohani

Jul 17, 2008
[/B]As M2D has now been successfuly ported on VGA devices, many VGA device users are willing to have VGA themes. We already have a huge collection of beautiful M2D themes for QVGA, but nothing for VGA.
Luckily I managed to convert these to VGA with few simle steps, which I want to share with the community as a little contribution from my side.

What you need to have:

1. M2D VGA pre-istalled in your device
2. QVGA theme "zip" file (Any M2D theme you want to convert in VGA)
3. Throttle Theme Rescale Tool (Attached)
(Please note that this useful tool is developed by APBilbo for throttle launcher & it works perfect for any theme as it accurately resizes the PNG files from QVGA to VGA. So all credit for this goes to him)
4. HTCHomesettings.xml for VGA (attached)

What you need to do :

1. Unzip the QVGA theme content in a new folder
2. Use theme rescaling tool on this new folder. This will resize all PNG file in this folder to fit your VGA screen.
3. Replace the HTCHome settings.xml file in the folder with the one attached.
4. Zip the folder & copy in your device
5. Add and install the theme with M2DC

------------You are done ! Enjoy the theme of your choice :p -----------------

Note : The 3rd attachment is a beautiful theme converted from QVGA to VGA which you can directly install & check before you start converting other themes. All credit for this theme goes to the designer of the original QVGA theme.

Attachments

• ThrottleThemeRescaleTool.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 207
  • _67_FS_1.1_VGA.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 263
Last edited:

rajeshjamnadas

Dec 11, 2008
Hey whichever i tried, after installing i realize that it is for QVGA than I have to uninstall it.

Can you please also attach a working VGA M2D so that it will be easier for newbie.

Thanks,
Rajesh

rajeshjamnadas

Dec 11, 2008
hey thnx for giving me link but i gets confuse which to install as there are many.
It give mediafire link which contains too many files.
can plz just post the link which i hv to installs or files which are required to install.

Thank,
Rajesh

Eer

Jun 8, 2009
THX

nlohani you are the best!

I like the Manila2D UIR a lot. I use it now for 2 months and it's very good even aon a device with only 128MB RAM.

I'm going to check your posted method after I reflashed my device. Thanks for clarifying how to do it. I will post my Q here if I have any :D

nlohani

Jul 17, 2008
nlohani you are the best!

I like the Manila2D UIR a lot. I use it now for 2 months and it's very good even aon a device with only 128MB RAM.

I'm going to check your posted method after I reflashed my device. Thanks for clarifying how to do it. I will post my Q here if I have any :D

Glad that you find it useful. M2D is definetly the coolest UI I have come across. Was missing it badly when I switched to DX900 from ZINC (QVGA to VGA device).

If you want (and if this is OK with the original designers), we can post our converted themes here in this thread to share with all. ;)

rajeshjamnadas

Dec 11, 2008
Glad that you find it useful. M2D is definetly the coolest UI I have come across. Was missing it badly when I switched to DX900 from ZINC (QVGA to VGA device).

If you want (and if this is OK with the original designers), we can post our converted themes here in this thread to share with all. ;)

I had installed on MS820 but it takes lots of ROM memory and i m left with 10Mb only. This starts freezing my phone. Is there any thing i need to take care, as i m installing in device memory.

nlohani

Jul 17, 2008
I had installed on MS820 but it takes lots of ROM memory and i m left with 10Mb only. This starts freezing my phone. Is there any thing i need to take care, as i m installing in device memory.

Can you list down what all programs you have installed from M2D package?
Try installing programs like 'google maps', 'youtube' etc in storage card instead of main memory.

nlohani

Jul 17, 2008
VGA converted Themes are here :)

I am posting here M2D themes converted & working perfect for VGA devices. This 'part1' contains 3 themes as shown in the thumbnails-

And here is the link for themes-

http://www.mediafire...4648785df63f216

Attachments

• Preview.jpg
    Preview.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 25
  • glass.jpg
    glass.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 17
  • spark.jpg
    spark.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

nlohani

Jul 17, 2008
Three more themes added to the above link.

1. Wasted Paper
2. Yellow Wind
3. Winnie the Pooh

ambetdelarosa

Mar 18, 2009
NEED your HELP!

i am pretty much interested with this but those themes and skins available in this forum are not in folder format! and you cant find any files once you have it! how do we exactly do this? can you please help me! coz i want that htc default manila 2d blue theme on my device!