ROOT GoClever R103 10"

Search This thread

o1bloody1o

Jul 14, 2013
Galati
USE THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK!
Rooting your device can void device´s guarantee.

Follow the steps:
1. Download the files in the attachment and place them in the root of the sdcard.
2. After the first step is done a window will pop on your screen. Select yes and the device will reboot short after in CWM.
3. Now, according to your options you can flash superuser+busybox or supersu. I recommend superuser because we can uninstall the root with this choice. Go to install zip from sdcard and choose the zipfile from the card, press enter then yes when you are asked if you are sure you wanna flash.
4. Reboot device!
*DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING
Success! Your device is rooted.

Now because I didn´t figure out how to access the CWM, we need to keep the update.zip file but is enoying to have the update popping all the time so we will rename it from your favorite file manager. Whenever you want to uninstall the root rename the zip again to update.zip and place it on the root of the sdcard, run the update and flash the unroot zip.

To check if your device is rooted download Terminal Emulator and enter the su command.

Please stay tuned because I have a debian port for this device with working sound and drivers in deb bootstrap.
You can find me on my youtube channel and subscribe for the latest news!
Thank you! If you appreciate the tutorial and the job done please don´t hezitate to donate! ( every penny counts and will develop new apps!)

Attachments

• Root_SuperSU.0.98-Busybox.1.20.2-signed.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 377
  • update.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 361
  • Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed.zip
    2 MB · Views: 354
  • Unroot_SuperUser-Busybox-Uninstaller-Update2-signed.zip
    952 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Reactions: Antagonist42

symbiosis01

Nov 21, 2012
You absolute star! Thinking that this will make a lot of ppl happy :)

Before I root, not being a techie I don't understand what a debian port is - are you saying that the sound wont work once rooted at the moment?

Thanks a lot

Oh, and does this mean there might be a CWM ROM on the way for this?

Last edited:

o1bloody1o

Jul 14, 2013
Galati
You absolute star! Thinking that this will make a lot of ppl happy :)

Before I root, not being a techie I don't understand what a debian port is - are you saying that the sound wont work once rooted at the moment?

Thanks a lot

Oh, and does this mean there might be a CWM ROM on the way for this?

You can root it ! A debian Port its like a rom with linux on it, a flavour of linux named debian. That doesn´t have sound on other devices except this because I found a way to implement it.
The device will work the same after rooting. And I am working for a custom JB rom for this device.
Hope you will support me!

Last edited:

symbiosis01

Nov 21, 2012
You can root it ! A debian Port its like a rom with linux on it, a flavour of linux named debian. That doesn´t have sound on other devices except this because I found a way to implement it.
The device will work the same after rooting. And I am working for a custom JB rom for this device.
Hope you will support me!

Thank you for the reply, I will get rooting! Look forward to the custom ROM and yes I will support!

symbiosis01

Nov 21, 2012
Been a bit slack getting around to doing this but finally did it today.

Two things:
1) It definitely works great and my R103 is now rooted
2) Get the No-frills CPU Control app as soon as you have it rooted - this thing was sluggish as hell until I installed this app (needs root) but flippin flies now!!!

o1bloody1o

Jul 14, 2013
Galati

Two things:
2) Get the No-frills CPU Control app as soon as you have it rooted - this thing was sluggish as hell until I installed this app (needs root) but flippin flies now!!!

Thanks! And really happy for you!
Soon enough I will post a new ROM (with Jelly Bean) or instructions how to install linux on your SD card to dual boot.

Reactions: symbiosis01

Ionu_X

Feb 19, 2014
any news about debian port? i'm really excited to test it. good job for rooting. thanx alot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    USE THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK!
    Rooting your device can void device´s guarantee.

Follow the steps:
    1. Download the files in the attachment and place them in the root of the sdcard.
    2. After the first step is done a window will pop on your screen. Select yes and the device will reboot short after in CWM.
    3. Now, according to your options you can flash superuser+busybox or supersu. I recommend superuser because we can uninstall the root with this choice. Go to install zip from sdcard and choose the zipfile from the card, press enter then yes when you are asked if you are sure you wanna flash.
    4. Reboot device!
    *DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING
    Success! Your device is rooted.

Now because I didn´t figure out how to access the CWM, we need to keep the update.zip file but is enoying to have the update popping all the time so we will rename it from your favorite file manager. Whenever you want to uninstall the root rename the zip again to update.zip and place it on the root of the sdcard, run the update and flash the unroot zip.

To check if your device is rooted download Terminal Emulator and enter the su command.

Please stay tuned because I have a debian port for this device with working sound and drivers in deb bootstrap.
    You can find me on my youtube channel and subscribe for the latest news!
    Thank you! If you appreciate the tutorial and the job done please don´t hezitate to donate! ( every penny counts and will develop new apps!)

Two things:

Thanks! And really happy for you!
    Soon enough I will post a new ROM (with Jelly Bean) or instructions how to install linux on your SD card to dual boot.