[ROM] 12/30/11 - CleanROM 3.0 Preview 1 Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jhuff83

Jun 15, 2010
Noticed just now the camera sounds are back. Will the no click file work with this rom?
Edit : Just flashed the file and it worked.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vtotheinay

Aug 5, 2010
Torrance, CA
can anyone help me get rid of this system update notification? im running 3.0 and a notification popped up in my notifications bar saying to update the system. I can't clear it out and there is no option to cancel the update. please help

SPreston2001

Oct 31, 2009
Columbus
Noticed just now the camera sounds are back. Will the no click file work with this rom?
Edit : Just flashed the file and it worked.
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Do you have a link to that file? I too hate the camera sounds. Thanks

***EDIT*** - Nevermind I found the no click file saved on my pc!

Sent from my 3VO using XDA Premium

Last edited:

ngcsavage

Jan 24, 2012
any fix 4 wifi

R their any kernels out or other mods for WiFi because mines isn't working does other have this problem

shannl

Dec 29, 2007
R their any kernels out or other mods for WiFi because mines isn't working does other have this problem

Wifi has been working fine for me for a month now. Using WPA2, with/without wifi tethering. My Dell laptop connects to it just fine. Note: must be 2.4 mhz, no 5 mhz support.

BTW, I still get over 2 days of battery life using a 2000mah battery from eForCity.

CLeanROM Rocks!

jbermi

Nov 4, 2010
Independence, KY
Man CleanRom has been kinda dead lately. Scott mustve got a new phone lol.

scott has been busy his rezound ICS ROM...(hes not on sprint anymore but still devs for the 3D)

plus there really isn't much to change on the cleanROM....to be honest. and he has reborn for the new base, but I don't really expect to hear much from scott until ICS drops for the 3D.

saboxerman

Jul 6, 2010
Duluth
So is it better to leave the phone in wcdma perferred vs cdma auto? Whats the advantages/disadvantages? Thanks

Not sure of the pros and cons, however, I tried wcdma and found no notable improvement over cdma auto prl. However, I didn't try wcdma and 4G reception (not sure if their is a correlation between the two). The only thing I did note is my battery drained faster.

Vdubtx

Jul 24, 2010
scott has been busy his rezound ICS ROM...(hes not on sprint anymore but still devs for the 3D)

plus there really isn't much to change on the cleanROM....to be honest. and he has reborn for the new base, but I don't really expect to hear much from scott until ICS drops for the 3D.

Loaded up the reborn rom and it is running nice and smooth as expected. Tried a few other Rom's over the last month or so and seems I always come back to Clean. Always get the best battery life with Clean. Can't wait for Clean ICS.

zedwards

Nov 10, 2009

:(

Almost every rom has been slowing down "waiting for ICS". I feel like I have a dead phone now and still have over a year til a new one is possible to buy.

jbermi

Nov 4, 2010
Independence, KY

Almost every rom has been slowing down "waiting for ICS". I feel like I have a dead phone now and still have over a year til a new one is possible to buy.

well from the looks of i, we should have ICS late march/april would be my guess, since it seems HTC is dropping an all white sensation with new sense 3.5 or 3.6 and ICS loaded. probably will know for sure at MWC at the end of the month.

I am happy with my phone running cleanrom DE 2.0 with anthrax. its smooth, fast and worry free. no need to flash all the time.

saboxerman

Jul 6, 2010
Duluth

I understand the feeling, however, I consider this:

1) Scott apparently has experienced ICS with his Rezound work (or at least that's what I thought I caught) and knows what's coming. So, with 3.0 preview 1, seeing how it does have massive underpinning work that has been done, he may just be waiting for ICS since it's a completely different beast. Why put sooooo much work in to reworking 2.3.4 just to have to start all over in a matter of a month or two?

2) See #1.

I love new tweaks just as much as everyone else! However, Scott has put out a complete product that is a legitimate, stable, daily driver. Plus, rumor has it that he has a "real" job, too. But, I believe he's simply an XDA junkie. :rolleyes:

Bake and enjoy!

kenosuke117

Aug 31, 2010
Lynwood
Is it possible to put sense 3.5 apps on this Rom like fb chat HTC notes I'm just wondering

Sent from my PG8610000 using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CR.png

Preview 1

CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Sprint Stock ROM with some features and enhancements! This is not a heavily themed ROM!
    All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 12/30/2011.
    ROM is de-odexed and based on official Sprint RUU 2.08.651.2.

Features
    • Kernel: stock kernel by mwalt with capacitive light dimming and always on notification LED
    • ROM Tweaks: ROM Tweaks by Evo Bryan ported from RomanBB - More options than ever!
    • Apps: ES File Explorer, DSP Manager
    • Tethering: WiFi Tether for 3G and 4G Wireless Tether / Sprint Hotspot
    • Tweaked: Performance, Battery, MMS, Browser, more!

Changes is in this version:
    • Changed: Massive Framework changes! Do not use old mods from the 2.x series. They will break the advanced functionality. Its only safe to flash fonts and ringtones. Read more below in the Important Note!
    • Added: ROM Tweaks by Evo Bryan. This is the ULTIMATE in ROM customization.
    • Removed: ROM Updater. See Important Note below!
    • Updated: All apps as usual

Known Issues / Why is it only a preview build?
    • Due to framework changes the old mods will not work!
    • Due to framework changes there is a gap in icon spacing when the sync icon or the Headphone icon is shown in the status bar. There could be other status bar icon mismatches but they would be minor visual issues and NOT affect performance or stability. Find one point it out so I can fix it!

CR_3.0.p1.png

Important Note:
    ROM Updater has been removed due to massive framework changes! Do not flash any old mods to this ROM except Ringtones and Fonts. There is a project in the works that will replace ROM Updater. I hope to have it off the ground in a few weeks. I will let you know when its ready! For the time being use the UOT Kitchen to make battery changes and share any mods you make for other people. If you want to learn how to port over the old tweaks to the new frame work just post a thread and I will help you. Its not hard but is time consuming to port 90+ mods.

Download via Talkatap app here

Donations always accepted but never expected!
    Donate via Tapatalk

Please THANK this thread if you enjoy this offering!
    Prerequisites
    • Custom Recovery installed
    • hboot 1.3 / hboot 1.4 / hboot 1.5
    • Note to hboot 1.5 Users you will loose WiFi and 4G unless read the hboot 1.5 notes HERE

How to Flash
    • Download ROM and place on the root of your SD Card
    • Boot into recovery mode
    • Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot and enjoy!

Change Log

How to use ROM Updater!

• You must read the instructions HERE to use ROM Updater!

Thanks to:

• bcblend / mwalt2 - Kernel
    • Beta Team: brol1k, F_K3NT_D, Newboyx, lrod0175, AZ FadeOut and many others!
    1.5 HBOOT Fastboot Recovery Instructions

***This method is for those used this particular HTC unlock method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=16808235#post16808235 It should be pretty much the same with other methods as long as the files and folders are named the same***

1. Go to settings>power and make sure fast boot is NOT checked.

2. Power down your device

3. Boot into the bootloader (Vol Down + Pwr Button)

4. Once your into the bootloader, highlight fastboot and hit the pwr button.

5. Connect you phone to your pc via usb cable and your phone should now say Fastboot USB.

6. Open the command prompt on your PC, and navigate to the rootevo3dnew folder you downloaded during the unlocking process above.(example type C:\cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew).

7. Type the following command in the command prompt: fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img (again this is for the unlock method above. If you used a different recovery change the recovery.img in the command to your particular recovery.img file name) and press enter.

8. Your phone should have now booted into Recovery. From here you can wipe cache/flash zips as you normally would and enjoy the added benefits of flashing custom kernels.

If I missed anything please feel free to correct me as I am currently at work and trying to do many things at once lol.

Updates in Version 2.3
    Removed: Teeter, Gooogle Music, XDA App, Google+, FOTA Updates
    Added: Quick Lookup
    Added: MMS Options - 5 MB Limit with Back Up and Restore
    Added: Camera Mod with HDR and Panoramic modes
    Added: Zip Align on boot
    Updated: WiFi Tether to 3.1B6
    Updated: Minor UI Changes to ROM Updater
    Moved: Flash Light to System

Please hit the Thanks button if you like this offering!
    CleanROM 2.8 is now released!

Changes in Version 2.8 - 11/7/2011
    • Reverted: Kernel from Bcblend and other kernel tweaks to mwalts stock dimmed lights kernel.
    • Added: Stock Battery to SD Card in CleanROM folder
    • Updated: Market 3.3.11
    • Updated: WiFi Tether 3.1-pre 100
    • Updated: ES File Explorer 1.6.0.7
    • Updated: Maps 5.11.0
    • Updated: Gmail 2.3.5.2
    • Updated: Adobe Flash 11.0.1.153
    • Updated: Host File
    CR_2.7.png

Please hit Thanks and Dontae :D