Ultimate HTC One S Accessory Guide

Search This thread

Syrax

Jan 26, 2010
Bronx
I can't wait to see a dock come out for the One S. That's definitely an accessory that is on my list of must haves.

everywell

Aug 26, 2011
Modena
someone knows if there is a retailer that actually sells the arkon car kit in europe? 30 $ for shipping is too much :x

BradBot

May 7, 2009
Houston
Screen Protector Option

Realook is available on Amazon now. I really can't say enough good things about this screen protector. I put a Realook on my Vibrant shortly after I bought it on release day (just under 2 years ago) and the same one is still on there. I'd classify its reflectivity as normal; it's definitely no matte / satin finish, but it is most certainly NOT mirror finish

xflatlinex

May 5, 2012
I see Zagg have an invisible shield available for the HTC One S on their website http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/htc-one-s-t-mobile-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Anyone have any thoughts? Considering getting the maximum protection one for my replacement handset once I manage to get a swap.

I just got mine today and I love it..I have one for my ipad3 also and they just recently replaced it for free because my daughter wrote on it with a marker and I could not get it off. It a lifetime replacement.
The one on my One S is very sturdy and very smooth to the touch...I highly recommend it..

archie53

Jun 6, 2010
New Jersey
So we know Otterbox will be making cases, so I emailed both Seidio and Trident. Trident said they will have an Aegis series case out by the end of the month, which I have on my Nook and is rather nice, and I have yet to hear from Seidio. When I do I will edit this post.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

Terminator19

Mar 13, 2011
Mini write up of the official HTC one S screen protector is done now :)

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1071937-htc-one-s/page__st__15__p__594864701#entry594864701

The official HTC one S screen protector arrived today, £3.74 including delivery (£1.79 just for the protector, the delivery cost more than the item itself :eek:), which isn't badly priced and I got two screen protectors, I was only expecting one.

So for £1.79, I wasn't expecting good things with this screen protector especially after reading some reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised in the end.

jjyeB.jpg

Unfortunately you can't really judge screen protectors in photos, these are the sort of things that have to be seen in person.

The best way to apply screen protectors is after you or someone else has had a nice long hot shower and kept the door closed as the steam works wonders with dust :D

On my first application, the protector applied effortlessly, there were quite a few air bubbles in the middle and I was worried about this but thankfully I was able to push them out by just using my nail, only two air bubbles remained, which are on the top left as you can see in the photos below, and two tiny pieces of dust on the "home" button and right side on the edge (the other bits of dust that are visible in some photos is just "on top" of the protector), however, these are only noticeable at certain angles and under certain lighting conditions. I could reapply the protector to try and get rid of them but I will probably end up making it even worse! :p

Despite some user reviews saying that the protector wasn't the right size, mine seemed like a perfect fit pretty much.

With some screen protectors, the touch screen sensitivity and colours are impacted, however, with this protector, that isn't the case IMO, I couldn't tell the difference at all personally, the one thing, which is noticeable is the feel, it is more of a plastic "feel" now instead of glass, obviously :p

If it weren't for the tiny cut out on the top for the light sensor and the two air bubbles, you wouldn't even know that there is a screen protector on.

Unfortunately the screen protector shows grubby marks/fingerprints more easily now. But this is easily solved by giving the screen a quick wipe every now and then.

hXgsq.jpg

Needless to say I am very happy with the outcome and will be cancelling the Martin Fields screen protector (£12 :eek:) now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts