Unable to update recovery

Search This thread

krisando

Mar 1, 2011
After a long string of flashing failures with this device, I'm needing to update the recovery.

Unfortunately after it let me downgrade the recovery, no matter what recovery I flash (CWM latest or TWM) for the HTC One X, the god damn older version is still there.

I've tried updating it through One X One Click and CWM itself. But I have no idea what's going wrong or what's needed to be done.

[Edit]
Okay, it seemed to install with no errors this time.

Now I just have to figure out why the heck it always displays "HTC quietly brilliant" forever.

Last edited:

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
After a long string of flashing failures with this device, I'm needing to update the recovery.

Unfortunately after it let me downgrade the recovery, no matter what recovery I flash (CWM latest or TWM) for the HTC One X, the god damn older version is still there.

I've tried updating it through One X One Click and CWM itself. But I have no idea what's going wrong or what's needed to be done.

[Edit]
Okay, it seemed to install with no errors this time.

Now I just have to figure out why the heck it always displays "HTC quietly brilliant" forever.

so, which recovery did you install? which rom are you trying to install?

Muksleo

Feb 8, 2013
Recovery. Img is to be flashed through fastboot and not in recovery itself
Go in your fastboot folder
Open cmd there and give commands
Fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img
Fastboot erase cache
And you're good to go :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Kverdoodt

Jul 9, 2012
Hello,

I have the same problem;
I was on recovery CMW 6.0.4.4. I tried to update to 6.0.4.5 or philz. Fastboot says okay after install, but when I restart to recovery, recovery is still 6.0.4.4.
What I haven't done is erase cache. Could this be it? Cannot try for the moment because I'm at work.

Thanks

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Hello,

I have the same problem;
I was on recovery CMW 6.0.4.4. I tried to update to 6.0.4.5 or philz. Fastboot says okay after install, but when I restart to recovery, recovery is still 6.0.4.4.
What I haven't done is erase cache. Could this be it? Cannot try for the moment because I'm at work.

Thanks
yes, it might be... try to flash again recovery and to erase cache after OKAY message...

Kverdoodt

Jul 9, 2012
I tried it again with fastboot and than erase cache : doesn't work
Than I copied the recovery zip file to sdcard and installed it through clockworkmod recovery 6.0.4.4. Everything installed ok but when I reboot recovery it is still 6.0.4.4?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
The zip is of no use, the recovery.img has to be flashed via fastboot (s-on devices have no other choice) try to flash a different recovery to check that works. Maybe the recovery is a bad download