[Q] Can't flash CoolICS

Search This thread
May 8, 2012
Hello,
I have stock ICS 403 active with HBOOT 1.53.0007 and unlocked resp. rooted my Evo ed using the HTC method.

I have also installed 4ext recovery using fastboot tool and tried to flash Cool-ICS-v18-EvoG.zip after backup,factory/data reset, wipe cache and davlik.

But I have got message E:can't open /sdcard/Cool-ICS-v18-EvoG.zip (bad).

I made a restore and downloaded again the zip-file as I thout it might be corrupted. Resul the same.

Then I googled and found that I can flash a ICS based rom also using the original recovery (CWM). I reflashed recovery again with original cwm recovery image.

Performed the same steps: Backup, factry reset, wipe cache and davlik.

But also there the zip-file could not be opened.

What might be wrong?

Could you please give me a hint. Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,

Klaus

tom0769

Dec 15, 2010
Reformat your sd card from scratch using 4ext recovery, or try another sd card.
Maybe it's bad.
Try to backup ther data on your sd card before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

May 8, 2012
Reformat your sd card from scratch using 4ext recovery, or try another sd card.
Maybe it's bad.
Try to backup ther data on your sd card before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Hi Tom,
Thanks for yor your reply. This I have done already.
I bought a brand new sd card. But the problem still remains? Might there be a permission problem?

tom0769

Dec 15, 2010
Download another ics sense rom to check if it installs

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA Free mobile app

May 8, 2012
Download another ics sense rom to check if it installs

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks again. I Tried with LeeDr0iD rom. And I had the same. :( I am really stuck.

Could it come, because I downloaded with my PC and the copied it using USB? :confused:

I mean I can copy, delete, rename and move files using Total Commander. So I don't think it comes from a wrong formatted sdcard.

It must be something else.

Thanks again.

With kind regards,

Klaus

May 8, 2012
Thanks again. I Tried with LeeDr0iD rom. And I had the same. :( I am really stuck.

Could it come, because I downloaded with my PC and the copied it using USB? :confused:

I mean I can copy, delete, rename and move files using Total Commander. So I don't think it comes from a wrong formatted sdcard.

Thanks again.

With kind regards,

Klaus

Hi,

I could solve my problem. I redownloaded the zip file and suddenly now it worked. Don't know what went wrong.
No I am happy. :laugh:

Thank's for your support.

Reactions: tom0769

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks again.

With kind regards,

Klaus

Hi,

I could solve my problem. I redownloaded the zip file and suddenly now it worked. Don't know what went wrong.
    No I am happy. :laugh:

Thank's for your support.