Search This thread

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Why give it a day or two and there will be roms using any official version

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

RMarkwald

Aug 4, 2010
Middleton
Football did post the RUU for HC in his Development thread, but you will lose S-OFF. He says it is the final version. I'm assuming if that's the case, it may be ready for OTA soon...?

J

jscott30

I'm assuming that, if Honeycomb is officially released this week, it will be the same version that is in Football's RUU and in globatron's s-off HC. If that's the case, then rather than going with an OTA update or official RUU, I'll stick with the latest version from globatron's s-off method.

elitishtc

Jun 28, 2009
Hello,
I 've just saw the 3.2 update in my flyer update software. I have s-off revolutionary and I am wondering if I can flash it right in my flyer ? What will be happened ? Will I loose my s-off or sth worst?

Nick N

Sep 10, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Reactions: elitishtc

elitishtc

Jun 28, 2009
Thanks both. I will go like globatron!!
Very sad we lose the hardware buttons (even smaller display) and phone call.
In OTA says we lose that buttons too.

mcord11758

Sep 6, 2010
Thanks both. I will go like globatron!!
Very sad we lose the hardware buttons (even smaller display) and phone call.
In OTA says we lose that buttons too.

honey bar works relatively well to gain back screen but you will have no buttons while in use and any menu bar in the middle of the screen becomes non useable because pressing their triggers honey bar

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Where are you guys getting this info from?

Just had this popup on my Facebook HTC Feed about 15 min ago:

Ready for some ‘sweet’ news? The GSM version of the HTC Flyer tablet, available in Europe, is beginning to receive updates to Honeycomb beginning today! Honeycomb brings a ton of improvements to Android on tablets, including the latest version of HTC Sense for Tablet with enhanced Internet browsing, Mail, Calendar and more all optimized for the 7" screen. Not to be outdone, the WiFi version of the HTC Flyer will receive its Honeycomb update soon, too! Stay tuned for more details.

Reactions: lrs421

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Flyer 3G 32GB in gErmany, just installed the HC update.
    - Hardware Buttons gone as proposed in the update notice except the stylus button
    - Tethering still works (device is unbranded)
    - Stylus works after the first tests better, can't describe exact why but feels more like a real pen...
    - 1 VPN unfortunately not working, Android internal is working but kinda lot of taps...

So far so good after an hour of testing. I like the new view even with the honeybar at the bottom wasting some space.

bye
    Sven
    Hello,
    I 've just saw the 3.2 update in my flyer update software. I have s-off revolutionary and I am wondering if I can flash it right in my flyer ? What will be happened ? Will I loose my s-off or sth worst?

What was released is the same version as in my thread.

Flash his ROM with confidence knowing it is the official OTA. Never take the OTA if you want to stay rooted. Too risky.
    Where are you guys getting this info from?

Just had this popup on my Facebook HTC Feed about 15 min ago:

Ready for some ‘sweet’ news? The GSM version of the HTC Flyer tablet, available in Europe, is beginning to receive updates to Honeycomb beginning today! Honeycomb brings a ton of improvements to Android on tablets, including the latest version of HTC Sense for Tablet with enhanced Internet browsing, Mail, Calendar and more all optimized for the 7" screen. Not to be outdone, the WiFi version of the HTC Flyer will receive its Honeycomb update soon, too! Stay tuned for more details.
    For those of you who are not rooted and/or s-off and have taken the OTA update, was the Hboot version number updated?

Should be 1.11.0011
    Just a question: I've heard the pen is universal in HC. So, presumably, it would work with EZ PDF Reader. Is that the case?

K

The pen now acts like a stylus in most applications :)

Sent from my Motorola Xoom using telepathy...