[ROM][For inactive devices]Ubersonic RC3 is HERE!!! (yes its ICS 4.0.4)

Search This thread

Patiko84

Jan 17, 2010
Pleas help me, at the writing file to / system my HTC EVO 4G rebooting and phone vibrates it's all :(

Any solution?

Wambo_

Jul 28, 2013
I found some spare time and I built Ev-based 4.4. I also came across recent Xperia apps, and I'm about half-way through a test build. (edit--> I found it!!)
Note that this rom will probably come OC'd depending on how this build performs, esp. with all of the Xperia stuff added in.

Glad to see you working on this nate. Its a really fun ROM, and although, IMHO, EV lacks that edge, it is perfectly light enough for the purpose intended. If i had an OG, I'd be all over helping you out here bud.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: nathantaylor

nathantaylor

Pleas help me, at the writing file to / system my HTC EVO 4G rebooting and phone vibrates it's all... :(

Any solution???

What are you trying to accomplish? Flashing a rom or mod in a *.zip file? Or something else?

Glad to see you working on this nate. Its a really fun ROM, and although, IMHO, EV lacks that edge, it is perfectly light enough for the purpose intended. If i had an OG, I'd be all over helping you out here bud.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I appreciate it. This is very bare bones, and that's what I want. Xperia is kinda bogging it down currently, but I'm trying some different things to eventually get this more usable. But the odds for an Ubersonic type rom on 4.4 are looking fairly good at this point. :)

toasterboy1

Sep 18, 2013
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 3
Just wanted to say thanks for this. Such a simple way to setup an old phone for the kids to play music, movies, and games without worrying about them calling 911. I did feel I needed to change the bootanimation, not really sure it was appropriate for my little ones. I install MX Player to deal with my videos.Seems to be running smooth. Looking forward to future upgrades.

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Anyone got a copy of RC3? I thought I had a copy but I can't find it. I just switched to the Note 2 and want to give the EVO a new lease on life.

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
Anyone got a copy of RC3? I thought I had a copy but I can't find it. I just switched to the Note 2 and want to give the EVO a new lease on life.

I've have to find somewhere else to host it because mediafire and dropbox are pricks, but I'm at my dad's place for father's day so I won't be able to do so until I get back home

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jan 13, 2011
www.mythrottle.net
any chance of getting GPS going?
am thinking of putting it in to the car as a bit of a media/GPS unit.

I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping that the GPS would work, but I haven't gone too deep into testing. I am testing the JB version of the ROM and found that the toggle wasn't around, but location services does have GPS satellites checked off.

Maybe later, I'll go outside to see if it acquires any satellites. My goal is to use it as an MP3 stereo and Nav unit for my off-road.

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
any chance of getting GPS going?
am thinking of putting it in to the car as a bit of a media/GPS unit.

I was thinking the same thing. I was hoping that the GPS would work, but I haven't gone too deep into testing. I am testing the JB version of the ROM and found that the toggle wasn't around, but location services does have GPS satellites checked off.

Maybe later, I'll go outside to see if it acquires any satellites. My goal is to use it as an MP3 stereo and Nav unit for my off-road.

AFAIK the GPS and cell radio work hand n hand and since all the radio libs are gone it'll only get location via WiFi but I didn't take out the GPS module lib so maybe under location settings set it to GPS only? I can't test because my evo does the 5 vibrates green blinking LED of death right after it boots no matter how many times I wipe the poor lil guy

Reactions: dgcruzing
Jan 13, 2011
www.mythrottle.net
AFAIK the GPS and cell radio work hand n hand and since all the radio libs are gone it'll only get location via WiFi but I didn't take out the GPS module lib so maybe under location settings set it to GPS only? I can't test because my evo does the 5 vibrates green blinking LED of death right after it boots no matter how many times I wipe the poor lil guy

Not a problem, I completely understand. I just tested it and it does not acquire GPS at all when only GPS is checked. I left it outside for 10 minutes and it did not lock onto any satellites.

I'm trying to find use for the phone since I got it back after upgrading my mother yesterday. LOL, it used to be my phone rooted with Karma and I handed it down to her. After a few years, it is now mine again. They wanted to buy the phone back for $5 in the store. hahaha

Thanks again for all the work done to this, hopefully someone will pick up this project and run with it. Maybe it's time for me to learn to cook roms ;).

Reactions: frickinjerms
Jan 13, 2011
www.mythrottle.net
Not a problem, I completely understand. I just tested it and it does not acquire GPS at all when only GPS is checked. I left it outside for 10 minutes and it did not lock onto any satellites.

I'm trying to find use for the phone since I got it back after upgrading my mother yesterday. LOL, it used to be my phone rooted with Karma and I handed it down to her. After a few years, it is now mine again. They wanted to buy the phone back for $5 in the store. hahaha

Thanks again for all the work done to this, hopefully someone will pick up this project and run with it. Maybe it's time for me to learn to cook roms ;).

Coming back to let you all know that RC3 is working great and has GPS. I removed the JB version as I couldn't get it to work and once the apps updated, all kinds of FCs began to happen. So far, none with RC3. Thanks!!!!!

I'm using my EVO as my Xbox controller and occasional media player with GPS mapping in the off-road.

Reactions: frickinjerms

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX

Reading, patience and curiosity haha that's what it took for me at least.
May the Schwartz be with you!

copekyle

Feb 12, 2013
Logan, UT
So I realize this thread is old but I'm just trying RC3 for the first time with an old device. Install and everything went smooth and now I'm having issues with WIFI. I use this phone as a viewing device for a webcam set up in the baby's room (Using TinyCam Pro application). Typically if I watch the camera for 45 minutes to an hour, it times out for some reason. Then the phone locks up and I have to pull the battery to get it working again. Went back to stock and I didn't have this problem. Anyone know where I could start looking for a fix?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    marioBGxda3_zps46bcf90a.png

So i know theres a lot of you guys out there that have tossed yall's evos into a drawer since moving onto other devices like the LTEvo and such.. myself included.. i jumped ship and got myself a One S and soon to be Galaxy Nexus!
    But i figured why just let it be forgotten about? Right?
    So with that in mind I bring to you guys a rom that fits right into said category and practically converts your evo into a media device :)

Screenshot_1_zpsa4434c52.png
    Screenshot_12_zps8e958218.png

Screenshot_11_zpsff5ef68a.png
    Screenshot_10_zps604af89b.png

Screenshot_9_zps297eea7d.png
    Screenshot_8_zps11204aea.png

Screenshot_7_zpsc0a63dd3.png
    Screenshot_6_zpsce458d14.png

Screenshot_5_zpsc7c9beb5.png
    Screenshot_4_zpsa63dc6bf.png

Screenshot_3_zps09a52ab6.png
    Screenshot_2_zpsd53edaeb.png

about.png

My mission is simple... turn our devices, from what used to be a phone, into a full-fledged android media player!
    Its still a WIP and ive got a few more things to add/remove but all in all its been running for a week or so now now with no problems at all :D

features.png

This has been rebased off JMZTaylor's final CM9 build :)
    Awesome BEATS v4 for sound enhancement (thanks ...Awesome... for giving me the green light on this :D)
    Walkman from Xperia T (its much prettier! Rizal Lovins is the man of the hour for getting this gem ported over :D)
    Google Now :D :D :D (searches work now when typing and having walkman in the list of searchable items!)
    Xperia goodies! Launcher with Walkman widget, Notes with respective widget, Clocks, and Weather widget!
    Mapped themes button in settings to open Xperia Launcher settings (man that was a pain in the membrane)

A themed SystemUI i did myself :D including new pull down backgrounds, center clock, battery icons and when you switch to percent it shows a percent sign and will turn green when charging ;)

Easter egg: after installing the rom, go delete your cache and dalvik cache through recovery and reboot for some lulz!

Battery is continuously getting better since I've removed the RIL libs and a bin file to prevent the phone from knowing what to do with the radios
    Mason 15 kernel baked in :D (the default governor is ok but OCing to 1152mhz and setting gov to Wheatley gives great performance)

Heavy debloated system
    Removed as many traces as i could find of access to phone such as:
    Signal bars (wifi and bluetooth still show)
    No service is finally gone and so are the Emergency call things on secure lock screens
    Dialer, contacts, messaging, calendar, email, and many others
    Baseband setting and device info, cmstats, and system update (it would FC so i killed it :good:)
    if you find anything let me know in a PM or in this thread

todo.png

Remove language packs to lighten up the rom size
    Remove unnecessary toggles and more useless/conflicting entries from settings and things like airplane mode from power menu
    Theme, theme, theme
    Fix anything else that may arise over time or that other people may notice
    Follow up with any personal requests from users if time permits

downloads.png

Ubersonic RC3

Enjoy :D

Older Versions
    Ubersonic RC2
    Ubersonic RC1

Teasers and Extras
    JB teaser builds in this post!
    (details in the post!)
    Music themed Splash
    (included is the PC36IMG and fastboot instructions}

installation.png

You should be either s-off or Htc-dev UNLOCKED s-on to with custom recovery to install (i use amon-ra 2.3)

if s-off use these steps to install...
    1) download zip
    2) throw onto root of sdcard and take the PC36IMG.zip off if you have one
    3) boot into recovery by turning off and and holding vol-down + power buttons and once in bootloader, vol-down to RECOVERY and choose it
    3) wipe data, dalvik, system, and boot
    4) flash zip from sd
    5) reboot and allow rom about 30 minutes or so to settle in :D

if UNLOCKED s-on use these steps to install... (this is the WINDOZE way!)

1) download zip and take out the boot.img file and put it into the folder with fastboot.exe
    2) throw onto root of sdcard and take the PC36IMG.zip off if you have one
    3) boot into recovery by turning off and and holding vol-down + power buttons and once in bootloader choose FASTBOOT
    4) once FASTBOOT USB appears type (hitting enter after typing each line)

Code:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    5) then choose HBOOT and vol-down to RECOVERY and choose it
    3) wipe data, dalvik, system only NOT boot!
    4) flash zip from sd
    5) reboot and allow rom about 30 minutes or so to settle in :D
    hai everyone! im still alive :p sorry its been so quiet from me, im actually working on a build now as i type this :p

one main drawback was that i rebased the rom so i kinda had to port everything i had previously and start over *facepalm*
    the new base is deck's ics...

i should have rc2 popping out soon but this includes the most recent walkman from xperia T that looks way prettier and more features work :D

now lets see if this prick boots :p
    you guys can mirror this all you want :) i dont know why mediafire and dropbox are being douchey but theyre very persistent about it... anywho, im gonna be checking out that viper4 audio mod soon! i just got an fii0 e7 headphone amp and it turned a pair of $20 sennheiser headphones that came with a guitar processor into just as awesome sounding as my friends $300 studio beats and made my bose ie2's just damn incredible through my rockboxed ipod classic haha so i'll be able to test the sound all crazy thoroughly :p

and I Like Soup, thank you very very much for the donation, i honestly never thought at all that i would get a donation as this is kind of a spare time hobby, but all the positive feedback and ideas from the community and such really makes me feel like im actually doing something productive :D plus you bought me a pack of smokes haha you totally rock my friend!

and an update on whats been going on in uberville, work is finally gonna chill out a bit so ill have more time to do this and i will be ordering an actual pc within a month or so which will prevent me from having to work on this laptop that holds no charge and has a usb fan that my friend rigged onto it cuz the fan on the motherboard failed and it would quickly overheat and emergency shutdown hahaha!
    I got RC2 up in the OP

HERE as well if yall jump to the end :p

A few changes :p all mentioned in the OP

Good:
    New base which is Decks PreBeta 25 :)
    Lastest Walkman :D
    Xperia Launcher with Walkman Widget (finally)
    Mason 15 kernel!
    Removed the RIL libs and it seems to have effectively killed the radio! (I had the device in my pocket at work for about 5 hours not doing anything and the battery was at 99% still bahahahaha)

Not-So Good:
    Finally debunked the removal of most unnecessary settings but theres more i need to remove :p
    Bluetooth audio randomly stutters (this could have been prevalent before but i didnt get my BT speaker til after nit-picking rc2)
    But through headphones / aux everything is fine :confused: and as for dock.. i have no idea :p

Lemme know your thoughts guys!
    Nice dude :D

By Rizal Lovins Sundanesse@Lovins"Love Indonesia"