[RECOVERY][MI9] TWRP 3.3.1-8 by siankatabg

Search This thread

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
Yet another TWRP for MI9 :)

TWRP compiled from the latest omnirom 9.0 branch with decryption and opengapps support!

* During the testing "treble compatibility check" was disabled for supporting flashing the MIUI Global ROM, GSI's were also tested along with opengapps (you still need to manually flash vbmeta and resize the system partition).

Please give me your feedback, as I can't test all the things out there!

As always: Use on your own risk, nothing here is guaranteed to work!

Works:
- ADB
- Decryption of /data (TESTED ONLY WITH PATTERN)
- Screen brightness settings
- Correct screenshot color
- MTP
- Flashing (opengapps, roms, images, magisk and so on)
- Backup/Restore (Needs more testing)
- USB-OTG

TO-DO:
- Vibration support

Changelog:
v1:
* Initial release

v2:
* TWRP will now auto resize the system partition when it detects you're trying to flash opengapps
* Assert error issue flashing some roms (ie - error 7 : This package is for "cepheus" devices, this is a "") should be fixed now (NOT TESTED - so please let me know)

v3:
* Assert error issue flashing some roms (ie RevolutionOS - error 7 : This package is for "cepheus" devices, this is a "") should be fixed now

v4:
* Fixed USB-OTG

v5 (Third try, but this time I'm 100% sure it works as I flashed it):
* Assert error issue flashing some roms (ie RevolutionOS - error 7 : This package is for "cepheus" devices, this is a "") should be fixed now

v6:
* TWRP should now detect any gapps package and auto resize the system partition (opengapps, mindthegapps and so on...)

v7:
* Back to busybox for better compatibility with some old zips

v8:
* Updated to latest omni-twrp source code
* Android Q decryption support
* DTBO Image flashing support added
* PERSIST Image flashing support added
* F2FS support (not tested)
* PITCH BLACK theme included (created by me, inspired by a theme of a friend from the op5 days)

Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294801

Source code:
https://github.com/siankatabg/android_device_xiaomi_cepheus-twrp

Credits:
The hard work did - @mauronofrio and @PeterCxy , so thanks to them

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-29-11-19-14.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-29-11-19-14.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 9,452
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5408779

Thanks! Will try it.

Edit: decryption is working great! (Pattern)
ROS 9.5.29

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-29-13-26-10.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-29-13-26-10.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 4,161
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: siankatabg

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk

TWRP compiled from the latest omnirom 9.0 branch with decryption and opengapps support!

* During the testing "treble compatibility check" was disabled for supporting flashing the MIUI Global ROM, GSI's were also tested along with opengapps (you still need to manually flash vbmeta and resize the system partition).

Works:
- ADB
- MTP

TO-DO:
- Vibration support
- USB OTG (? can't test it)

Download:

Source code:
Will be available tomorrow (My internet is too poor to upload it right now, sorry (for the mods: miui prebuilt kernel was used))

Credits:

Thanks for the mention and credit, i'm waiting the device tree to check what was bad in the mine one, i think i was really near to a fully working twrp

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
Thanks for the mention and credit, i'm waiting the device tree to check what was bad in the mine one, i think i was really near to a fully working twrp

Hey.

Of course I'll mention you, you did the hard work and afaik your work was the only public available one, so thank you!

I see you already found (unpacked my image?) the small things needed and made it work on your end, but yeah, you was really near :)

However, the source code is up and I'm sorry for the delay!

Have fun guys :)

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
Hey.

Of course I'll mention you, you did the hard work and afaik your work was the only public available one, so thank you!

I see you already found (unpacked my image?) the small things needed and made it work on your end, but yeah, you was really near :)

However, the source code is up and I'm sorry for the delay!

Have fun guys :)

I already have some things unmerged on my pc, but what did the tricks is the vendor.gatekeeper.disable-spu that it's something new on this sm8150. I already saw in in the stock kernel and when you pubblished the twrp i checked it was here already, so adding it all works. I will add you and peter to credits, when i will be from a pc. Thanks for the source in all cases

siankatabg

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2012
New build is up!

Changelog:
* TWRP will now auto resize the system partition when it detects you're trying to flash opengapps
* Assert error issue flashing some roms (ie - error 7 : This package is for "cepheus" devices, this is a "") should be fixed now (NOT TESTED - so please let me know)

Have fun!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-30-12-28-48.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-30-12-28-48.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 1,108
Last edited:

Chrisgia

Feb 20, 2016
?? French / German ??
New build is up!

Changelog:

Have fun!

Good work !
Unfortunately, the issue still occurs

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-05-30-12-07-12.png
    Screenshot_2019-05-30-12-07-12.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 536
D

Deleted member 5408779

Can you please send me the updater-script from this rom, something is wrong there as the assertion works fine on any other rom and my internet is too slow to download it right now?

Thanks.

Sure.

btw this i could log with mauronofrios twrp when flashing ros. should be same issue you have.

Attachments

• log.txt
    991 bytes · Views: 13
  • updater-script.removetxt.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: siankatabg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Works:
    - ADB
    - MTP
    - USB-OTG

TO-DO:
    - Vibration support

Changelog:
    v1:
    * Initial release

v2:

v3:

v4:
    * Fixed USB-OTG

v5 (Third try, but this time I'm 100% sure it works as I flashed it):

v6:
    * TWRP should now detect any gapps package and auto resize the system partition (opengapps, mindthegapps and so on...)

v7:
    * Back to busybox for better compatibility with some old zips

v8:
    * Updated to latest omni-twrp source code
    * PITCH BLACK theme included (created by me, inspired by a theme of a friend from the op5 days)

Download:

Source code:
    https://github.com/siankatabg/android_device_xiaomi_cepheus-twrp

Credits:
    Update - TWRP 3.3.1-8

Changelog:

* Updated to latest omni-twrp source code (finally everything needed for our device support is merged, so expect OFFICIAL TWRP soon (probably from mauro:good: ))

(Still busybox and disabled compatibility check are included (for compatibility and global meme rom flashing))

Source code was updated, downloads in the first post, have fun and let me know if you find any issue :)
    New build is up! (v6)

Changelog:

Have fun :) And sorry for the hundred releases today...
    Just FYI, few hours ago I did few backups and few restores (for testing) of the latest .eu ROM and all went fine (backup, restoring all partitions and booting it). But I also have a question, do you guys want my own black theme to be included in the next release? I did that theme for myself and used it for more than an year privately (never did a public release with it), but why not now, I like this community (the oneplus community was cancerous af, so I never had that thing in my mind) :)

I'm attaching few screens for you to decide.
    New build is up! (v7)

Changelog:
    * Back to busybox for better compatibility with some old zips (test and report please)

Have fun :)