Install navigation bar (soft keys)

Search This thread

spetzuu

May 1, 2012
Sioux Falls
is there a way to install navigation bar and soft keys for Galaxy Tab 10.1 like some of the Nexus devices have. I use the 10.1 in portrait mode and prefer to have keys on screen.

What program/method has worked for any of you? I have Xposed installed and am willing to try anything.

Sent from my AK-10.1 PRO

roustabout

Feb 12, 2011
If Xposed is in, you can use gravity box to enable the nav bar. You're rooted, so you can also just edit the build.prop file and drop in a line at the end that reads

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

I've backed away from gravity box in cm11 as it may be related to some odd 'misses' I'm getting in the browser - but that may be more to do with the app settings module and dialing up the size of things in the aosp browser.

Reactions: spetzuu

spetzuu

May 1, 2012
Sioux Falls
If Xposed is in, you can use gravity box to enable the nav bar. You're rooted, so you can also just edit the build.prop file and drop in a line at the end that reads

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

I've backed away from gravity box in cm11 as it may be related to some odd 'misses' I'm getting in the browser - but that may be more to do with the app settings module and dialing up the size of things in the aosp browser.

So gravity box will do it safely? Have you tried gravity box to do it?

Sent from my AK-10.1 PRO

spetzuu

May 1, 2012
Sioux Falls
It works but only 3 dot menu key pops up in portrait mode. I tried disabling 3 dot menu on navbar reboot and still same thing. How do I get it to work in portrait?

And touching the bar in other places when in portrait doesn't get a response.

Sent from my AK-10.1 PRO

Attachments

• 1400714073426.jpg
    1400714073426.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 302
  • 1400714090832.jpg
    1400714090832.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 289

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0