[Shell Extension]Display APK icons from explorer

Search This thread
I want produce a software that manage apk files in pc but I dont know where?! If any body know please help me.
Thanx
I couldn't really help you as I don't know how to, but I know it requires ADB. Try starting with batch scripting and go from there. If you can write a script that can execute adb push commands, then all you have to do is figure out how to design a GUI. C++, maybe?

Maybe I can do that if developer gives me the permission.
I hope he/she does, as it seems that this project is dead.

smart8bits

Dec 21, 2013
I couldn't really help you as I don't know how to, but I know it requires ADB. Try starting with batch scripting and go from there. If you can write a script that can execute adb push commands, then all you have to do is figure out how to design a GUI. C++, maybe?
I actually do that! And what I don't know is that where should I make a thread for Produce it in xda?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9/2/2011 UPDATE:
    V2.1 release, fix the explorer no response when first time adb start.
    If you find no response when installing, try reconnect your device
    Any feedback is welcome!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8/24/2011 UPDATE:
    V2.0 can install the app directly from context menu, do not forget to connect your phone first.
    Please read the wiki page first
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry for let you waiting so long, here are some UPDATE:

Working well on win7 32bit & 64bit, please see the wiki page on http://code.google.com/p/apkshellext/
    Now it requires .net framework 4, there is a download link on wiki page.

Thanks to dds.feng, he reminded me that I have this project pending, and he brings an important patch.

Good luck everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, All
    I found it's difficult to find a correct apk file among names when I want to install one to my lovely G1, then I did a windows extension.

you need .NET framework 2.0 or above installed.
    download the dll here http://code.google.com/p/apkshellext/downloads/list

Works Only on XP 32bit and possibly on win7 32bit.
    Doesn't work on x64 platform for now. It's ok if you want a try:p

extract all stuff in the zip,
    excute reg.bat,
    after register successfully, you will got, probably you need a reboot:cool:

snapshot.JPG

Windows_7_snapshot.jpg

please feedback directly on the project page or mail: guo.jingang@gmail.com

It's created with VStudio 2008 express and c#, you can also find the source on project page.

I will keep updating this. Good luck!
    Auto-Installer

I updated my auto installer to the lastest version (2.3)

download here :

http://goo.gl/fwKWNQ
    Automatic DLL Installer

I Updated the .EXE automatic installer with new version to v2.0

make sure .Net Framework 4 is installed and unLocked

Automatic installer v0.2

X64 : Download Here

X86 : download here

all thanks to thread starter
    for me don't work win7 X64 sp1

Try copy and paste the following in place of the install script. This automatically gives the script (bat file) admin privileges without the necessity of right clicking and running as admin (to which many people are having dramas with).

Also try downloading an application called FileTypes this allows you to unassociate the apk extension from that which it is currently associated and possibly the very reason for blocking the view of the apk's icons in Windows explorer. What that means is that if you have the apk associated with say 7zip then the icon will no longer display in Windows explorer. You need to first unassociate apk and then the icons display perfectly.
    Further to this, you may do some registry hacks to make the apk display using the apkextension posted in this thread AS WELL AS your favorite archiving app. PM me the archive app WinRAR,WinZIP, 7Zip or what ever and I will make you a reg file that you can run to allow everything to work (note I will need to know what version of Windows and 32bit or 64bit as well).

Here is the script code:
    Note: I have only added the parts in bold
    Code:
     @ ECHO off
    [B]:checkPrivileges 
    NET FILE 1>NUL 2>NUL
    if '%errorlevel%' == '0' ( goto gotPrivileges ) else ( goto getPrivileges ) 
    :getPrivileges 
    if '%1'=='ELEV' (shift & goto gotPrivileges)  
    setlocal DisableDelayedExpansion
    set "batchPath=%~0"
    setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
    ECHO Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" 
    ECHO UAC.ShellExecute "!batchPath!", "ELEV", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" 
    "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" 
    exit /B 
    :gotPrivileges 
    :START
    setlocal & pushd[/B]
    ECHO ################################################
    ECHO ##            APK Shell Extension             ##
    ECHO ##                                            ##
    ECHO ##     http://apkshellext.googlecode.com      ##
    ECHO ################################################

SYSTEMINFO | FIND /i "x64-based pc"

IF %ERRORLEVEL%==0 (
      ECHO.
      ECHO NOTE: You are using 64bit OS, For WIN7 User, you need "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" to run install!
      ECHO.
      "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\regasm.exe" /codebase "%~dp0\apkshellext.dll"
    ) ELSE (
      ECHO You are using 32bit OS
      "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regasm.exe" /codebase "%~dp0\apkshellext.dll"
    )

ECHO Done!
    ECHO.
    ECHO /-------------------------------------------------------------------\
    ECHO  apkshellext is an open-source project,
    ECHO  Please visit http://apkshellext.googlecode.com for more information
    ECHO \-------------------------------------------------------------------/

PAUSE
      [user=279333]@ECHO[/user] ON
    Hi guys i updated the Automatic installer

now it is Multi-X ( 23bit and 64bit )

download : here

Edit : guys how did you do the context menu ??