[APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.2 beta 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Woonder.ua

Jun 25, 2009
Hello,

I have a GSmart G1305 and I’ve updated it to the latest official firmware (226D). After that I am not be able to root my device. Could you improve Universal Androot according to this firmware?

Thanks.

wirelezzz

Jun 14, 2007
GTA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
just wondering i rooted my Charm it all worked fine and did a live update being noob i lost my permissions, can this be fixed ?

this is a log and my msg i get after the live motorola update

guess after the update i m not rooted anymore and can not root again !!

tried it keeps saying failed . "Failed ! No ~~~ Fu goo ~~~ "

ls -l /data/local/tmp
opendir failed, Permission denied
ls -l /app-cache
/app-cache: No such file or directory
run mount
rootfs / rootfs ro 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=600 0 0

Last edited:

yonicahen

Dec 19, 2010
Not working on Wopad 7001

Hi,

Got a Wopad 7001 and am trying to root it, without sucess yet.
The process is running OK, but the device is not rooted.

Have tried all the root SW I could find without sucess yet.

Looks like the SU is not working/changed/updated.

Does anyone know how to overcome this?

Thanks,

linkinpark4175

Dec 4, 2010
My phone is ZTE Blade Greek version with stock rom of Android 2.1

Not sure why but the first time i've installed Androot it worked perfectly, but when i flashed my phone to a custom rom and after reflashed the stock (i did wipe data/cache) it stopped.
Whats happening is, when i power on my phone, open Androot and then press "do Root" from the app it says "rooted successful. ( i didnt select soft root, i selected the one that installs superuser for 2.1,2.2) The rooting is successful and i can open any app i want (that requires root access). Now, if i reboot my phone and try running anything (like type su in terminal emulator, or run adfree or titanium backup) i no longer have root rights even though if i open the Androot app and click "root" it says im already rooted. So the only way to regain root rights is to re-root it.

Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:
Reactions: bigfau

wj1324

Dec 17, 2010
This says the file is not supported on my device..how would i go about downloading it via computer? i have white dell streak build 6601 at&t

linkinpark4175

Dec 4, 2010
This says the file is not supported on my device..how would i go about downloading it via computer? i have white dell streak build 6601 at&t

If it says your phone isnt supported then that means you cant root your phone with it. Doesnt matter from where you will download it, mobile phone or computer.

ab2nd2nd

Nov 19, 2010
Sony X10 mini 2.1-update 1

Seem to block Androot 1.6.2. beta 5 and some other rooters (Z4root for one)

L

leukonas

I have nexus one with android 2.2.1 FRG83D.Can someone help me on how to root my device.I am completely novice on rooting.

m-4-x

Dec 26, 2010
I have a Droid X and tried every rooting method I can find. This one also doesn't work. I haven't looked at all of the posts but if anyone has found this working or any other method please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT2: Since Google patched the loop hole in 2.2.1, this app is no longer working for newer builds. For this reason the developer has stopped supporting the app. If you still want to use this, feel free to do so. It would not harm anything.
    However if it doesn't root your phone, there are numerous other methods of rooting out there. I suggest SuperOneClick or unrevoked.

EDIT: I see that a lot of people have no idea what rooting is, or don't even know how to install an apk. Seriously, rooting can potentially harm your phone if you have absolutely no idea what you're doing. For that reason, I strongly recommend you hold off using this app (or rooting in general) until you have done enough research and are more comfortable with Android.
    If you insist on using this app, use it at your own risk. You have been warned! :D

This is a good post to guide you through how to flash a custom rom, after rooting your phone. And no, this app does not unlock your bootloader.

Important: I'm not the developer, click the link below for the blog for official release of this app

Official releases here

Aug 30 Update: added v1.6.2 beta 5, added support for more devices, added widget for soft root
    Aug 12 Update: added v1.6.1: superuser updated, HTC Tattoo support added. Check official link for changelog
    Aug 10 Update: added v1.5.3 for peeps who can't access the link

Official list of supported devices:
    Code:
    Supported Devices:

Google Nexus One (2.2)
    Google G1 (1.6)
    HTC Hero (2.1)
    HTC Magic (1.5) (Select Do not install Superuser)
    HTC Tattoo (1.6)
    Dell Streak (2.1)
    Motorola Milestone (2.1)
    Motorola XT701
    Motorola XT800 (2.1)
    Motorola ME511
    Motorola Charm
    Motorola Droid (2.01/2.1/2.2 with FRG01B)
    Sony Ericsson X10 (1.6)
    Sony Ericsson X10 Mini (1.6)
    Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro (1.6)
    Acer Liquid (2.1)
    Acer beTouch E400 (2.1)
    Samsung Galaxy Beam
    Samsung galaxy 5 (gt-i5500)
    Vibo A688 (1.6)
    Lenovo Lephone (1.6)
    LG GT540 (1.6)
    Gigabyte GSmart G1305

Not supported:

Google Nexus One (2.2 FRG33)
    Samsung i9000 / i6500U / i7500 / i5700
    Motorola ME600 / ME501 / MB300 / CLIQ XT
    Motorola 2.2 FRG22D
    Archos 5
    HuaWei U8220
    HTC Desire / Legend / Wildfire (soft root)
    HTC EVO 4G / Aria
    SonyEricsson X10i R2BA020
    myTouch Slide

Reported working (in this thread):

Code:
    Nexus One 2.2
    Milestone 2.1
    Hero (GSM/CDMA)
    Xperia X10 mini
    Xperia X10i
    G1 1.6
    Magic 32A 1.5
    Magic 32B 1.6
    Mytouch 3G (3.5mm)
    Mytouch 3G Slide (v1.6.1 seems to put the phone into reboot loop)
    LG Ally
    Droid X 2.1
    Moto Charm
    Moto Flipout
    Kyocera ZIO

All credits go to the developer!

Install and run it on your phone. If you have trouble downloading, try download with a computer.
    I'm a super user! Wow, that just made rooting so simple. Amazing.
    Once you use this app, you can install any custom rom. I used this app and now run CM6 final with the mean and green theme. Great app and great idea!:)
    thanks for the quick reply bro! :cool:
    Explanations required for a newbie

Hello all,

I am not only new to the world of Android, but also to the Unix/Linux world, having spent most of my professional life working on the DOS/Windows platform. A lot of what I read here seems to make sense, but only if you have a basic - if not intermediate - knowledge of the Linux techno-babble... which I don't.
    I'd like to gather enough information so I can publish a (hopefully) simple article for Windows users who want easy steps into rooting and using custom ROMs. Without having to learn what SU is, how to navigate through folders using archaic shell commands, and what not.

So... learning from my own experience so far...

I followed the steps to 1-click root my HTC Magic 32a. It apparently worked, with Universal Androot telling me my device is now rooted. I did it twice (after sorting through hundreds of posts to see if it could cause any damage, which it didn't), and I'm fairly confident I got that part done right.
    However, being ever-doubtful, I wanted a second opinion as to whether my device is actually rooted. So I downloaded the latest Android SDK, added the Android 1.5 platform (which is what currrently runs on my Magic) and followed what seemed to be the most widely accepted recommendations. (Of course, my device has the proper USB drivers, I can see the SD card just fine from Windows Explorer, so I assume the *physical* connection is taken care of).

Going to the API's /tools subfolder, I type
    adb devices
    to which i get the following reply
    HT95MNK03518 device
    which seems to confirm my device is correctly identified.

Then, I try the following:
    adb root
    but all I get as a reply is:
    adb cannot run as root in production builds
    and the program hangs there. I have to kill it through the task manager to regain control of the DOS command prompt

My ultimate goal is to install Froyo on my Magic. Since I'm already stuck after this admittedly simple procedure, I'm kind of weary of attempting to go beyond and burn a new image onto the phone.

So can anyone tell me why ADB won't grant me root access even though the phone is supposedly rooted?

And as for the next steps, given my very basic knowledge of this environment, is there any Installing-ROMS-On-HTC-Magic-For-Dummies user's guide out there?

Thanks, and sorry for being long-winded.
    Can confirm that it works on ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco running Android 2.1/ERE27, though it loses root on reboot (even though the checkbox for "Root temporary (Unroot after reboot)" is left unchecked) so you have to run the app again. Not a big hassle, only takes 10 seconds.