Solve WiFi Errors , Wrong S-ON , Radio Problem, htc Dev Unlock Method ( how it Works)

Search This thread

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
Solve WiFi Errors , Radio Flashing Problem , Caused by htc Dev Unlock Method , and Solve Wrong S-ON

Other Posts Links

How htc dev unlock method Works

• first of all , i don't like this method ( htc dev unlock method ) because it is tricky
  • this method unlocks some options for Bootloader ( Not All of them ) . htc dev site as i recall says unlocking your bootloader may or could void your warranty !!
  • the Boot.img and Bootloader are still locked , and of course the Radio area is still locked ( it is not the radio we flash to improve signal )
  • locked means those areas can not be over-written
  • it allows you to install Custom Roms , But what htc maybe forgot to tell you is that the custom rom should be using their htc Stock kernel in order to work without errors !!!!!!! . ( Otherwise for Roms with custom kernels , you have to install Custom Kernels in a certain Method to avoid errors like WiFi error !!!! )
  • this certain Method is to flash locked items ( like Boot.img that includes custom Kernel ) through fastboot ( i.e bootloader )

• [FONT=&quot][ Update ] [/FONT]This Post is chosen by XDA Portal Here

S-ON

• htc dev unlock method does not give S-off , it only unlocks some options for Bootloader . so ,what you saw ( Unlocked and S-on ) is normal for htc method
  • Some mistakenly think that htc dev unlock method is the same as Revolutionary S-OFF , AND IT IS NOT

DISCLAIMER

Verify with HTC and your Carrier that you are legally Allowed to use any Method in this Post Before using it ,
and Don't use it if you are not legally allowed to

I am not responsible if following this Method results in bricking your phone
Whatever you do is at your Own Risk

Wrongly done S-ON with Security Warning - Downgrade New S-ON
Devices Firmware For Revolutionary S-OFF

• you have to verify with htc or your carrier if you are allowed to use this method
  • htc dev method is used to solve this Problem , this method is the only known working solution for that Brick problem till now
  • Revolutionary will not work with the New Firmware that comes with some New Devices or Devices that accepted the OTA update
  • Also this Method is implemented through using htc dev method to Downgrade that New Firmware and Successfully Get Revolutionary S-OFF
  • See link in " Other Posts Links "above or click here

Install any ICS Custom Rom for ( S-ON Devices with hboot 1.27.0000 )

• See post # 2 in my other thread here , for how to install any ICS custom Rom while you are S-ON with hboot 1.27.0000

WiFi Error and Custom Roms

• S-OFF devices will not have that WiFi error . the following is for members who used htc dev to unlock bootloader instead of doing Revolutionary S-OFF .
  • Unlock Bootloader using htc dev Unlock Method ( may or could void your warranty ) or Super tool or Check this Post in XDA Portal ( if it is legal to use them ) and ( use htc drivers v3.0.0.7 )
  • you can use a Custom Rom that uses a Custom Kernel ,and solve WiFi error ( while you still on htc dev unlock method , i.e NOT S-OFF ) by installing the Boot.img ( includes custom kernel ) bootloader
  • if the Custom rom uses the Exact same version of htc Stock Kernel ,you will not have WiFi Error
  • Wifi error is usually happens because of the kernel ( in your case it is because of kernel mismatch )
  • in htc Method the Boot.img is still locked , Note that the Boot.img includes the Kernel
  • the kernel is located inside Boot.img , and Also the kernel components ( when you install a rom ) are located in System \ lib \ modules . the Module Folder is a Kernel Folder . if there is a mismatch between kernel and kernel components you will have WiFi error
  • a sample case , the Boot.img is still the htc stock Boot.img ( i.e it includes the stock htc Kernel ) , and you installed a custom Rom that includes a custom Kernel
  • When the Custom rom is being installed it will not be able to replace htc Stock Boot.img ( i.e the Stock Kernel , because it is locked ) , But will be able to install kernel components System \ lib \ modules ( because it is Unlocked ) , and Here comes the kernel mismatch and the WiFi Error ( the Kernel is still the htc stock kernel , and the Kernel components are for a different custom Kernel )

How to flash Boot.img in Bootloader

• Update there is now a new version of 4EXT recovery for S-ON devices v 1.0.0.5 , enable smart flashing in recovery \ tools and it will flash the boot.img by itself " read the restrictions for that method in 4EXT recovery thread "
  • Bootloader should be unlocked using htc dev or super tool or Check this Post in XDA Portal ( if it is legal to use them )
  • the phone should be in bootloader ( fastboot usb )
  • Put boot.img inside adb folder in same place your fastboot.exe
  • Start cmd as administrator and navigate to ADB Folder which includes fastboot.exe and type the command fastboot flash boot boot.img and press enter
  • type the command fastboot reboot and press enter
  • Reboot , the device may reboot several times before reaching the home screen

• this Procedure souled be done for each custom rom you install to avoid WiFi error or other errors
  • to install your custom Rom ( See link in " Other Posts Links "above or click here ) , Follow title " Custom Rom Flash " and " [FONT=&quot][ Implementation ][/FONT][FONT=&quot] using the above method by member su-27 "[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[ Update ]
[/FONT]
Alternative Method to Flash Boot.img for Custom Roms

• Update there is now a new version of 4EXT recovery for S-ON devices v 1.0.0.5 , enable smart flashing in recovery \ tools and it will flash the boot.img by itself " read the restrictions for that method in 4EXT recovery thread "
  • Bootloader should be unlocked using htc dev or super tool or Check this Post in XDA Portal ( if it is legal to use them )
  • Download recovery img for either CWM or 4EXT
  • Put recovery img ( recovery name.img ) inside ADB folder in same place your fastboot.exe ,
    • recovery name.img is the exact name for the downloaded recovery img that you put inside the ADB Folder
    • it is NOT PG58IMG.zip recovery
  • Start cmd as administrator and navigate to ADB Folder which includes fastboot.exe and type the command fastboot boot recovery name.img and press enter
  • your phone should now go to recovery screen ( loaded through fastboot )
  • install your custom rom as normal and reboot your phone , ( this will install the custom Rom and the Boot.img of the same Custom Rom in the same time )
  • if this method doesn't work , then go back to the original Method

Radio Flashing Problem

• in htc dev unlock method , the Radio is also still locked and most probably htc dev will not allow you to flash a radio alone
  • and in case that htc dev shall allow it ( i doubt that ) , then theoretically !!!! :
    • you have to flash an official release Radio specific for your Sensation version ( Sensation , Sensation 4G , Sensation XE ) , htc method will only allow signed Radio specific for your device , and i guess ( not sure ) it will not allow you to flash a radio for a different Sensation device !!!
    • Example is ( not sure ) , ARHD ROM is Based on sensation XE and most probably their recommended Radio is a sensation XE Radio , if this radio is not officially assigned to your Device by htc , then i guess htc method will not allow that ( because i guess the option in bootloader is still locked )

Press the thanks Button for this Post

Last edited:

drms12

Sep 9, 2011
I did S-OFF then htc dev unlock. There is any reason to return to locked htc dev ? I didn't S-ON. I have them both. I didn't notice any problem...
And by the way the file bcm4329.ko is the one which make wifi error.

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
I did S-OFF then htc dev unlock. There is any reason to return to locked htc dev ? I didn't S-ON. I have them both. I didn't notice any problem...

• revolutionary S-OFF have more feature and is Permanent for our Device , So this the best way to get S-OFF
  • you should not done htc dev after revolutionary S-off , just remove it ,and review you bootloader to make sure you are still S-off
  • some doesn't want to do revolutionary thinking that htc dev do the same ,and it is not
  • you said " I didn't notice any problem.....which make wifi error. " htc dev is the cuase of WiFi error if you get it as mentioned in the Post , ( in your case you will not have Wifi error because you are Revolutionary S-OFF which means your boot.img is Not locked )

Last edited:

drms12

Sep 9, 2011
  • revolutionary S-OFF have more feature and is Permanent for our Device , So this the best way to get S-OFF
  • you should not done htc dev after revolutionary S-off , just remove it ,and review you bootloader to make sure you are still S-off
  • some doesn't want to do revolutionary thinking that htc dev do the same ,and it is not
  • " I didn't notice any problem. " htc dev is the cuase of the WiFi error you get as mentioned in the Post
I didn't notice any wifi error. I just say that mismatch kernel and system file made that. I'll try relock the htc dev now. Hope I won't mess anything...
Edit: I did lock the htc dev (fastboot oem lock). It still S-OFF and REVOLUTIONARY 1.27 HBOOT. That process didn't wipe data partition. I flashed few zips thru recovery touch and all went good.
Thanks for the post.

Last edited:

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
I didn't notice any wifi error. I just say that mismatch kernel and system file made that. I'll try relock the htc dev now. Hope I won't mess anything...
Edit: I did lock the htc dev (fastboot oem lock). It still S-OFF and REVOLUTIONARY 1.27 HBOOT. That process didn't wipe data partition. I flashed few zips thru recovery touch and all went good.
Thanks for the post.

• You will not have WiFi error because you are S-OFF with revolutionary ( i.e Your Boot.img is not Locked ) ,and your boot.img is replaced during custom rom installation
  • so , if you lock or unlock with htc dev will have no effect and even htc dev should be used while you are S-off Using Revolutionary ( meaningless )

Reactions: Parthiv

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
no connection at all for example. caused by the fact, that boot.img = kernel can't be changed / written. so for example flashing some other kernel like bricked or tiamat results in non-working w-lan because kernel (=original htc kernel) and wlan module (=bcm4329.ko from for example tiamat kernel) doesn't match.

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
I still can't get how to fix wi fi . Re install all system or what ?

• this method for members who are using htc dev to unlock the bootloader and they are not S-OFF
  • extact the boot.img from the custom rom zip file ( if it is a multi device rom , choose the boot.img under devices\ { sensation }
  • install the custom rom as usual from recovery ,boot to bootloader ( fastboot usb )
  • then flash the boot.img from PC using adb , and the device should be in bootloader ( fastboot usb )
  • then reboot the device and use your Rom
Steps

• to install your custom Rom ( See link in " Other Posts Links "above or click here ) , Follow title " Custom Rom Flash " and " [FONT=&quot][ Implementation ][/FONT][FONT=&quot] using the above method by member su-27 "[/FONT]

• see also in the above " Solved wifi error " Post the title " How to flash Boot.img in Bootloader "

Last edited:

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
What is full command to do that ?

• its is in the Post , i will put it for you here again , Please read the items i mentioned to you in Post #9
  • Command is : fastboot flash boot boot.img
    follow line 3 , and 4 ( includes the command ) , and 5

1. Bootloader should be unlocked using htc dev or super tools
  2. the phone should be in bootloader ( fastboot usb )
  3. Put boot.img inside adb folder in same place your fastboot.exe
  4. Start fastboot.exe as administrator and type fastboot flash boot boot.img
  5. Reboot , the device may reboot several times before reaching the home screen

Last edited:

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
It's showing black window for 0,1 sec and nothing more is happening.

And I have S-OFF, so what to do ?

• in post #9 to you " this method for members who are using htc dev to unlock the bootloader and they are not S-OFF "
  • S-off devices don't need this method , this problem occure for people who prefered to use htc dev method and did not do Revolutionary S-off
  • so you should not need to use this method and your WiFi should be fine after installing GB custom roms
  • if you have a Wifi problem , use Super wipe before installing your custom rom

Reactions: SpeedyBang

SleemLDJ

Nov 11, 2011
London
is there a way i can flash an older verson of HBOOT 1.17 to my phone.

I currently am on 1.23.0000 and revolutionary cannot s-off.
This is becasue i want to install a stock RUU and i keep getting error 155

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
is there a way i can flash an older verson of HBOOT 1.17 to my phone.
I currently am on 1.23.0000 and revolutionary cannot s-off.
This is becasue i want to install a stock RUU and i keep getting error 155

• if you got it ( hboot 1.23 ) later on , then it seems that you installed ICS v4.0.1 ( firmware 3.12 ) and then made a wrong S-ON
  • and your signature is showing ARHD v3.x or 4.x with a gingerbread Radio
  • So ,what exactly is you about phone showing now in Build Number

HBOOT 1.17

• to downgrade ICS firmware : ( not very sure about hboot 1.17 )
  • You need to downgrade to v3.12 for sense 3.5 based GB ROM only , or to v1.17 for older GB ROM ) . ( NOT VERY SURE of that , google it )
  • for firmware hboot 1.17 , if you are super CID then go here
  • for firmware hboot 1.17 , if you are NOT super CID then go here and download the corresponding file for your CID and MID ( user friendly method to avoid editing Android-info.txt )
  • Follow the 12 steps downgrade procedure exactly

modified new Firmware 3.24 Unlocked

• there is now a modified new Firmware 3.24 Unlocked for ICS 4.0.3 that has the Unlocked bootloader hboot 1.27 (posted by Mike1986) , that could lead to other ways to downgrade

you do the following at your own risk
( ICS involves risk of brick for S-off devices , and certainly more risk for wrong S-on Devices )

1. use htc dev unlock , read my post " [FONT=&quot][Guide] Successful S-OFF after bricked (wrong S-ON ) for ICS and GB ( Sensation ) [/FONT]here "
  2. Note that htc dev i think don't allow Radio flash !!! and the ICS Firmware Includes Radio !!!!!!!
  3. i think you can try 1.17 first may not work
  4. if it could be done ( it is Just an idea only ???? ) , if not you can try to upgrade hboot to 1.27 ( unlocked and can be over-written ) according to proper procedure , then flashing a RUU for your device will over-write the hboot 1,27 with 1.18 ( Proved for S-off devices )
  5. you can post question first at mike1986 ARHD firmware thread about upgrade hboot to 1.27 to make sure

Last edited:

amm009uk

Jul 14, 2007
Dhahran
Man you have me worried now:confused: I am S-OFF, did the 1.17 Revolutionary and later on the 3.12>3.24>3.25 firmware. After 3.12 I got the infamous Locked showing up so I proceeded to htcdev which then showed unlocked. Right now I have the latest Revolutionary:

-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.11.00
Radio-11-21.3504.13_2

I don't quite understand the WIFI issue? In my case I am unable to connect to office WIFI with every ICS ROM I have tried. Still have my DHD with CM7 and that works fine:rolleyes: Open WIFI's work fine with ICS so I was assuming its just a beta feature. Am I wrong and my issue is firmware/boot.img related?

Lastly, thankyou for your post:D

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
Man you have me worried now:confused: I am S-OFF, did the 1.17 Revolutionary and later on the 3.12>3.24>3.25 firmware. After 3.12 I got the infamous Locked showing up so I proceeded to htcdev which then showed unlocked. Right now I have the latest Revolutionary:

-Revolutionary-
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.11.00
Radio-11-21.3504.13_2

I don't quite understand the WIFI issue? In my case I am unable to connect to office WIFI with every ICS ROM I have tried. Still have my DHD with CM7 and that works fine:rolleyes: Open WIFI's work fine with ICS so I was assuming its just a beta feature. Am I wrong and my issue is firmware/boot.img related?

Lastly, thankyou for your post:D

• Al salam Alaikom , first of all , if you are S-off using revolutionary you should not use htc dev , you should remove it

• htc dev is for people that don't want to do S-off using Revolutionary , or those who think that htc dev is the same as Revolutionary S-off ( and it is NOT )

• When you installed firmware 3.12 ( i.e Hboot 1.23 ) and it says Locked , you should not worry about that . it says that because fastboot write commands are disabled ( Locked ) in hboot 1.23 , but you are still S-off , same case was for old hboot 1.27

• Now the good news is , almost from 10 days ago ( i think from Jan 28 ) Mike1986 has issued a new modified new Firmware 3.24 Unlocked for ICS 4.0.3 that has the Unlocked bootloader hboot 1.27 . So if your firmware 3.24 was the old one , better update it for the new unlocked Hboot 1.27

• ICS has issues with wifi and also GPS , those are still test ICS Roms

• if you are s-off using revolutionary , then you don't need to do that boot.img thing ( it is for who use htc dev only ) , and as long wifi starts with you without error that it can't start or stuck on Starting wifi , then you wifi is working and you don't have wifi error

• when you install ICS ARHD 6.2.1 , During installation when you are prompted to choose speed ( 1.2 or 1.5 GHZ ) choose the stock 1.2 GHZ to avoid Wifi error ( i guess it is a kernel Problem ) , even Sensation XE also should choose that 1.2 GHZ but it will actually Run at 1.5 ( its stock speed )

Last edited:
Reactions: amm009uk

SleemLDJ

Nov 11, 2011
London
  • if you got it ( hboot 1.23 ) later on , then it seems that you installed ICS v4.0.1 ( firmware 3.12 ) and then made a wrong S-ON

HBOOT 1.17

• to downgrade ICS firmware : ( not very sure about hboot 1.17 )
  • You need to downgrade to v3.12 for sense 3.5 based GB ROM only , or to v1.17 for older GB ROM ) . ( NOT VERY SURE of that , google it )
  • for firmware hboot 1.17 , if you are super CID then go here
  • for firmware hboot 1.17 , if you are NOT super CID then go here and download the corresponding file for your CID and MID ( user friendly method to avoid editing Android-info.txt )
  • Follow the 12 steps downgrade procedure exactly

modified new Firmware 3.24 Unlocked

• there is now a modified new Firmware 3.24 Unlocked for ICS 4.0.3 that has the Unlocked bootloader hboot 1.27 (posted by Mike1986) , that could lead to other ways to downgrade

you do the following at your own risk
( ICS involves risk of brick for S-off devices , and certainly more risk for wrong S-on Devices )

1. use htc dev unlock , read my post " [FONT=&quot][Guide] Successful S-OFF after bricked (wrong S-ON ) for ICS and GB ( Sensation ) [/FONT]here "
  2. [FONT=&quot]Note that htc dev i think don't allow Radio flash !!![/FONT]
  3. i think you can try 1.17 first may not work
  4. if not you can try, try upgrade hboot to 1.27 ( unlocked and can be over-written ) according to proper procedure . if it could be done , then flashing a RUU for your device will over-write the hboot 1,27 with 1.18 ( Proved for S-off devices )
  5. you can post question first at mike1986 ARHD firmware thread about upgrade hboot to 1.27 to make sure

I am trying to install the 3.24 Unlocked by ARHD.. i have followed all the steps and succesfully flashed super wipe script via recovery.

Now i am on bootloader to flash the firmware named PG58IMG for HTC_001 coz thats my CID.
it still says "parsing PG58IMG" and just returns back to HBOOT without any results.

trkaaa

Feb 13, 2010
I am trying to install the 3.24 Unlocked by ARHD.. i have followed all the steps and succesfully flashed super wipe script via recovery.

Now i am on bootloader to flash the firmware named PG58IMG for HTC_001 coz thats my CID.
it still says "parsing PG58IMG" and just returns back to HBOOT without any results.

1. you do what you do at your own risk and this is a trial and not guaranteed to be able to flash hboot 1.27 ,
  2. tried to pm you and your PM is locked
  3. what are those all steps ? i only linked you to read and understand more , not for doing steps
  4. i asked you inthe previous Post about your Software version , to choose what to so ( steps) and you didn't answer
  5. is the bootloader unlocked with htc dev ,
  6. did you try the 1.17

Old not answered

Basically what i think ( it is just an idea in general for discussion only and could brick your device ) is :

• it is like a Puzzle , Note that htc dev i think don't allow Radio flash !!! and the ICS Firmware Includes Radio !!!!!!! and you can't Play with that firmware it should be flashed with all of its content untouched and according to Procedure !!!!!! means htc dev may not allow Firmware to flash !!!!!!!!!

• try 1.17 method
  • if not working , then unlock 1.23 with htc dev and install custom rom ICS 4.0.1 ( firmware 3.12 ) as the firmware you have now ( because your hboot is 1.23 ) and after rom installed and working try hboot 1.17 again , or maybe an RUU sense 3.5 or RUU ICS firmware 3.12 ( htc dev should be locked for RUU flash )
  • if 1.17 worked then install Sense 3 custom Rom ( not sense 3.5 ) or maybe an RUU ( htc dev should be locked for installing RUU )
  • if not working , then from a working ICS cutom rom 3.12 now , try upgrade the ICS to 3.24 unlocked , and if it is successful then Flash GB RUU suitable for your phone , this will over-write the Hboot to 1.18 ( proved working with s-off devices ) , then Revolutionary
  • if not working and you still on 1.23 with firmware 3.12 ( i am not sure of the following ) , if there is an RUU3.5 ( htc dev should be locked for RUU flash ) , then it would be compatible with the downgrade procedure of firmware ( 3.12 ) i guess except the s-off

• to install custom roms using htc dev follow title " Custom Rom Flash " in my Post "[Guide] Successful S-OFF after bricked ( wrong S-ON ) for ICS and GB ( Sensation ) here "

Last edited:
Reactions: Giacomo700

SleemLDJ

Nov 11, 2011
London
  1. you do what you do at your own risk and this is a trial and not guaranteed to be able to flash hboot 1.27 ,
  2. tried to pm you and your PM is locked
  3. what are those all steps ? i only linked you to read and understand more , not for doing steps
  4. is the bootloader unlocked with htc dev ,
  5. did you try the 1.17

Old not answered

im sorry for not answering your questions properly.
Answers to previous question:

I installed Virtous Inquisition 3.0.0 which required the firmware and yes I made a wrong S-ON.

My signature is old and i will remove that because none of those details are of whats happening now.. sorry for that.

The current Hboot is 1.23.0000

Radio version is not displayed currently.
eMMC-boot
Dec 26 2011.

Current Questions:
My bootloader is unclocked with HTC Dev.
I tried the 1.17 and it still said "Parsing PG58IMG"

My current build number doesnt show up but as of this minute, i installed ARHD 6.2.1 so that i can try the unlocked 3.2.4 to see if it works..
it doesnt but says "Parsing PG58IMG" as well.

I will try to adress my PM to see whats wrong with it.

Thanks for your help. appreciate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solve WiFi Errors , Radio Flashing Problem , Caused by htc Dev Unlock Method , and Solve Wrong S-ON

Other Posts Links

How htc dev unlock method Works

• first of all , i don't like this method ( htc dev unlock method ) because it is tricky
    • this method unlocks some options for Bootloader ( Not All of them ) . htc dev site as i recall says unlocking your bootloader may or could void your warranty !!
    • the Boot.img and Bootloader are still locked , and of course the Radio area is still locked ( it is not the radio we flash to improve signal )
    • locked means those areas can not be over-written
    • it allows you to install Custom Roms , But what htc maybe forgot to tell you is that the custom rom should be using their htc Stock kernel in order to work without errors !!!!!!! . ( Otherwise for Roms with custom kernels , you have to install Custom Kernels in a certain Method to avoid errors like WiFi error !!!! )
    • this certain Method is to flash locked items ( like Boot.img that includes custom Kernel ) through fastboot ( i.e bootloader )

• [FONT=&quot][ Update ] [/FONT]This Post is chosen by XDA Portal Here

S-ON

• htc dev unlock method does not give S-off , it only unlocks some options for Bootloader . so ,what you saw ( Unlocked and S-on ) is normal for htc method
    • Some mistakenly think that htc dev unlock method is the same as Revolutionary S-OFF , AND IT IS NOT

DISCLAIMER

Verify with HTC and your Carrier that you are legally Allowed to use any Method in this Post Before using it ,
    and Don't use it if you are not legally allowed to

I am not responsible if following this Method results in bricking your phone
    Whatever you do is at your Own Risk

Wrongly done S-ON with Security Warning - Downgrade New S-ON
    Devices Firmware For Revolutionary S-OFF

• you have to verify with htc or your carrier if you are allowed to use this method
    • htc dev method is used to solve this Problem , this method is the only known working solution for that Brick problem till now
    • Revolutionary will not work with the New Firmware that comes with some New Devices or Devices that accepted the OTA update
    • Also this Method is implemented through using htc dev method to Downgrade that New Firmware and Successfully Get Revolutionary S-OFF
    • See link in " Other Posts Links "above or click here

Install any ICS Custom Rom for ( S-ON Devices with hboot 1.27.0000 )

• See post # 2 in my other thread here , for how to install any ICS custom Rom while you are S-ON with hboot 1.27.0000

WiFi Error and Custom Roms

• S-OFF devices will not have that WiFi error . the following is for members who used htc dev to unlock bootloader instead of doing Revolutionary S-OFF .
    • Unlock Bootloader using htc dev Unlock Method ( may or could void your warranty ) or Super tool or Check this Post in XDA Portal ( if it is legal to use them ) and ( use htc drivers v3.0.0.7 )
    • you can use a Custom Rom that uses a Custom Kernel ,and solve WiFi error ( while you still on htc dev unlock method , i.e NOT S-OFF ) by installing the Boot.img ( includes custom kernel ) bootloader
    • if the Custom rom uses the Exact same version of htc Stock Kernel ,you will not have WiFi Error
    • Wifi error is usually happens because of the kernel ( in your case it is because of kernel mismatch )
    • in htc Method the Boot.img is still locked , Note that the Boot.img includes the Kernel
    • the kernel is located inside Boot.img , and Also the kernel components ( when you install a rom ) are located in System \ lib \ modules . the Module Folder is a Kernel Folder . if there is a mismatch between kernel and kernel components you will have WiFi error
    • a sample case , the Boot.img is still the htc stock Boot.img ( i.e it includes the stock htc Kernel ) , and you installed a custom Rom that includes a custom Kernel
    • When the Custom rom is being installed it will not be able to replace htc Stock Boot.img ( i.e the Stock Kernel , because it is locked ) , But will be able to install kernel components System \ lib \ modules ( because it is Unlocked ) , and Here comes the kernel mismatch and the WiFi Error ( the Kernel is still the htc stock kernel , and the Kernel components are for a different custom Kernel )

• Put boot.img inside adb folder in same place your fastboot.exe
    • Start cmd as administrator and navigate to ADB Folder which includes fastboot.exe and type the command fastboot flash boot boot.img and press enter
    • type the command fastboot reboot and press enter

• this Procedure souled be done for each custom rom you install to avoid WiFi error or other errors

[FONT=&quot]
    [ Update ]
    [/FONT]
    Alternative Method to Flash Boot.img for Custom Roms

• Download recovery img for either CWM or 4EXT
    • Put recovery img ( recovery name.img ) inside ADB folder in same place your fastboot.exe ,
      • recovery name.img is the exact name for the downloaded recovery img that you put inside the ADB Folder
      • it is NOT PG58IMG.zip recovery
    • Start cmd as administrator and navigate to ADB Folder which includes fastboot.exe and type the command fastboot boot recovery name.img and press enter
    • your phone should now go to recovery screen ( loaded through fastboot )
    • install your custom rom as normal and reboot your phone , ( this will install the custom Rom and the Boot.img of the same Custom Rom in the same time )
    • if this method doesn't work , then go back to the original Method

Radio Flashing Problem

• in htc dev unlock method , the Radio is also still locked and most probably htc dev will not allow you to flash a radio alone
    • and in case that htc dev shall allow it ( i doubt that ) , then theoretically !!!! :
      • you have to flash an official release Radio specific for your Sensation version ( Sensation , Sensation 4G , Sensation XE ) , htc method will only allow signed Radio specific for your device , and i guess ( not sure ) it will not allow you to flash a radio for a different Sensation device !!!
      • Example is ( not sure ) , ARHD ROM is Based on sensation XE and most probably their recommended Radio is a sensation XE Radio , if this radio is not officially assigned to your Device by htc , then i guess htc method will not allow that ( because i guess the option in bootloader is still locked )

I still can't get how to fix wi fi . Re install all system or what ?

• this method for members who are using htc dev to unlock the bootloader and they are not S-OFF
    • extact the boot.img from the custom rom zip file ( if it is a multi device rom , choose the boot.img under devices\ { sensation }
    • install the custom rom as usual from recovery ,boot to bootloader ( fastboot usb )
    • then flash the boot.img from PC using adb , and the device should be in bootloader ( fastboot usb )
    • then reboot the device and use your Rom
    Steps

• see also in the above " Solved wifi error " Post the title " How to flash Boot.img in Bootloader "

What is full command to do that ?

• its is in the Post , i will put it for you here again , Please read the items i mentioned to you in Post #9
    • Command is : fastboot flash boot boot.img
      follow line 3 , and 4 ( includes the command ) , and 5

1. Bootloader should be unlocked using htc dev or super tools
    2. the phone should be in bootloader ( fastboot usb )
    3. Put boot.img inside adb folder in same place your fastboot.exe
    4. Start fastboot.exe as administrator and type fastboot flash boot boot.img
    5. Reboot , the device may reboot several times before reaching the home screen

• you said " I didn't notice any problem.....which make wifi error. " htc dev is the cuase of WiFi error if you get it as mentioned in the Post , ( in your case you will not have Wifi error because you are Revolutionary S-OFF which means your boot.img is Not locked )
    Thank you!

Re no. 1: all the flashing attempts I listed were from bootloader in fastboot USB mode.

Re no. 2: have tried the ROM.zip method for a couple of different ROMs already and it didn't work but will try a few more.

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Update: No. 2 does not work, either. The bootloader loads the PG58IMG.zip (blue bar moving upwards on the right side of the screen) but stops before actually flashing it and then goes back to the bootloader without an error message. Presumably the S-ON blocks the flashing of a new radio and hboot.

Also tried flashing two more Gingerbread RUUs from bootloader in fastboot USB mode: 1.50 (HTC Europe) and 1.50 (TMO US). Both result in the same error 155.
    hboot 1.23 not solved yet , need more time