[ROM]IMM30B 4.0.4 Stock,rooted,deodexed,zipaligned,busybox,insecure boot + mods zips

Search This thread

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
This is an almost completely stock ROM based on the official Android 4.0.4 IMM30B OTA. The only modifications done are:
- Rooted with full busybox support
- De-odexed
- Zip-aligned
- Insecure stock boot image

This DOES NOT require you downgrade/upgrade your ROM or downgrade/upgrade your radios & bootloader. It is a completely standalone version. Even the radios & bootloader zip can be flashed without downgrading/upgrading your radios & bootloader.

The unofficial user-compiled changelog for the 4.0.4 update can be found here.

Instructions:
1. Flash using ClockworkMod recovery.
2. Wipe davlik cache recommended.
3. Wipe data/factory reset required if coming from any ROM other than a stock 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 ROM

Available Mods (Separate flashable zips): [details & undo zips below with links]
-Stock Insecure Boot Image
-Stock Insecure Boot Image With Init.d Support
-Native Tethering Hack
-Exchange Security Hack
-SoftKeys Mod
-Facebook Contacts Sync (important: follow installation instructions detailed below)
-Busybox Fix (fixes issues with run-parts which is used for init.d scripts, thanks to toebox at RootzWiki for pointing this out)
-Percentage Battery Mod With Back-Home-Search Softkeys & Stock Softkeys (special thanks to Cmo220 at RootzWiki for creating these mods)
-Enhanced Power Menu (Round 1 - since it lacks custom icons & uses power off icon for all and the confirmation prompt still shows Power Off, but all options work as expected)
-Move UA (UserAgent) Switcher To Advanced Menu From Debug (about:debug) Menu
-Tweaker (Script Which Enables Commonly Known Tweaks)
-Enhanced Power Menu Version 3 (Correct icons and confirmation text) With Native Tethering (special thanks to crackers8199 for carrying on my work and creating this mod)
-Enhanced Power Menu Version 3 (Correct icons and confirmation text) With Native Tethering & Lock Before Unlock (special thanks to crackers8199 for carrying on my work and creating this mod)

Screenshots:
screenshotwb.png

screenshotfdp.png

Downloads (DevHost - Preferred | MediaFire - Mirror):
Stock Insecure Boot Image [ec8e9279c498b5f574627ba60196c03e] (Mirror)
- Stock 4.0.4 kernel
- Insecure boot image (allows adb as root and commands like adb remount)
- Can be used on any 4.0.4 ROM
Stock Insecure Boot Image With Init.d Support [3b0a438128bc363a7361b5f4233e78bf] (Mirror)
- Stock 4.0.4 kernel
- Insecure boot image (allows adb as root and commands like adb remount)
- Init.d support to run start-up scripts placed in /system/etc/init.d (Make sure you flash the Busybox fix below)
- Can be used on any 4.0.4 ROM
Rooted,De-odexed,Zip-aligned ROM With Stock Insecure Boot Image And New Radios & Bootloader [e26ccc9d7722eff8ace158779e1e8519] (Mirror)
- Complete standalone update with mentioned modifications
- Includes the new FA02 radios and PRIMELA03 bootloader
- No downgrade/upgrade required
- Do not use to multi-boot (example Boot Manager)
Rooted,De-odexed,Zip-aligned ROM With Stock Insecure Boot Image Without Radios & Bootloader [d9bfd201ea4c8a5604add04f9c050d26] (Mirror)
- Complete standalone update with mentioned modifications
- Does not include the new FA02 radios and PRIMELA03 bootloader
- Can be used to multi-boot (example Boot Manager)
New Radios & Bootloader [eaaf55389f0b2382fa80435e07f30f70] (Mirror)
- Complete standalone update
- Includes the new FA02 radios and PRIMELA03 bootloader
Native Tethering Hack [bebc08fd8bab647da79892b64e276aad] (Mirror)
- Enables un-restricted native tethering
- Removes Verizon tethering provisioning
- Requires stock, de-odexed 4.0.4 (IMM30B) ROM
- Use this to revert -- Disable Native Tethering Hack [cbd7f1d794b77f9d3ade9c641a87f05d] (Mirror)
Disable Exchange Security [b360d5c0de9696e36d102f591fe7b011] (Mirror)
- Disables the Exchange security requirement
- No longer requires a pin or password when adding an Exchange account
- Account does not become a device administrator
- May not work on some Exchange configurations
- Use this to revert -- Enable Exchange Security [9fc300deab51de1b850274ed96567ce5] (Mirror)
Back-Home-Search Softkeys Mod [525343005ec91b82a44d71b4bcd62ae6] (Mirror)
- Back-Home-Search softkey in the navigation bar
- Long press Home for recent apps
- Long press Search for voice search
- Use this to revert -- Stock Softkeys Mod [16ce3423b67c002d88a0f8230f9f12d8] (Mirror)
Facebook Sync Mod [5cde11879f8eceb5bce5f10c51e4308c] (Mirror)
- Enable contacts sync using the official Facebook app
- Follow instructions
- Use this to revert -- Disable Facebook Sync Mod [33cdd92ad4cfa9ecd4ecfa35bfeb3e82] (Mirror)
Busybox Fix [b592b4dbd192311c63100f7b47974f76] (Mirror)
- Fully functional Busybox 1.20 with color support
- Working run-parts which is needed for init.d scripts
- ROM independent
Percentage Battery Mod With Back-Home-Search Softkeys [f9ae5b34cbbacf71bfaeae3bd0379ea8] (Mirror)
Percentage Battery Mod With Stock Softkeys [5719988e305181fb6b16854a5194b33f] (Mirror)
- Status bar battery icon with battery percentage text
- Battery charge animation
- Created by Cmo220 at RootzWiki
- Use this to revert -- flash Back-Home-Search Softkeys Mod or Stock Softkeys Mod
Enhanced Power Menu With Native Tethering [a7bb5551d86ae0cba9c0c2796fe8e0a7] (Mirror) {Preferably use version 3 mod below}
Enhanced Power Menu Without Native Tethering [627219dc271dd964947bd133656bb026] (Mirror)
- Enhanced power menu with Reboot, Reboot Recovery & Reboot Bootloader
- Round 1 since it lacks custom icons (uses power off icon for all) and the confirmation prompt still shows Power Off
- All options fully functional
- Flash the zip "Enhanced Power Menu With Native Tethering" if you want to retain the native tethering hack
- Use this to revert -- Disable Enhanced Power Menu [919ca7bbf6fdc5f0225123ad46a45ed5] (Mirror)
Move UA (UserAgent) Switcher To Advanced Menu [e3df919570c414a41b68bcd34d645dac] (Mirror)
- Move the User Agent Switcher to the Advanced Menu under Settings from the Debug Menu
- Setting is always available and does not require typing of about:debug to enable
- Use this to revert -- flash Move UA Switcher Back To Debug Menu [5b5189f628c6c6fb348102cf6ecf386a] (Mirror)
Tweaker [f8ee4e24dd3bf92ac60153a9c19e90e9] (Mirror)
- Collection of commonly known and used tweaks
- Script automatically add and reverts the tweaks
- Type 'tweaker' (without quotes) as root in adb shell or a terminal app and hit enter
- All tweaks can be reverted via the script
- Flash the busybox fix above before using this
- Description of tweaks here
Enhanced Power Menu Version 3 With Native Tethering Hack [213718718b815ddac50f4e9885c75893]
- Enhanced power menu with correct icons and confirmation text
- Includes the native tethering hack
- Mod created by crackers8199
Enhanced Power Menu Version 3 With Native Tethering Hack & Lock Before Unlock [6f60f4a5824344ff00bcf87ff6215efe]
- Enhanced power menu with correct icons and confirmation text
- Includes the native tethering hack
- Includes the lock before unlock mod
- Mod created by crackers8199

Facebook Contacts Sync Mod Instructions:
- Remove you Facebook account
- Go to Settings > Accounts & sync
- Uncheck "Sync Contacts" from every account (where available)
- Go to Settings > Apps > All, select "Contacts Storage" and click "Clear data) [you will lose any contacts which are not synced to any account]
- Reboot into recovery and flash the mod zip
- Reboot and enable "Sync Contacts" for all the account
- Add your Facebook account, select the contacts sync option and wait 2-5 mins
- If your Facebook contacts do not show up, go to Settings > Accounts & sync
- Select the Facebook account, and uncheck and re-check "Sync Contacts" and wait 2-5 mins (pictures may take a while to appear)

Recommended Add-ons:
ApexLauncher (4.0 based launcher/home replacement)
NovaLauncher (4.0 based launcher/home replacement)
Home Launcher (4.0 based launcher/home replacement)
Google Chrome Browser (Much better browser)
VLingo Voice Talk (Port from Galaxy Note, better than Market version)
CyanogenMod 9.0 Music (Super customizable 4.0 based Music app)
CyanogenMod 9.0 DSP Manager (Customizable multi-option audio DSP & equalizer)
CPUSpy (CPU state monitor)
SetCPU (Robust tool for changing CPU settings)
Black MMS (Inverted/back MMS/SMS app from the 4.0.4 update)
Theme Toolbox/MasturModsSettings (Amazing tool to change the navigation, battery and signal icons)

Credits:
Google, Samsung & Verizon for the 4.0.4 update
ChainsDD for Superuser
JesusFreke for smali/baksmali
Koush for ClockworkMod recovery
Dsixda for his Android Kitchen (makes life easy)
Peter Alfonso for the native tethering hack
00McD00 (Justus) for the softkeys mod
Paul O'Brien for the Facebook sync hack
Gnurou for the fully working Busybox 1.20
Cmo220 at RootzWiki for percentage battery mod
crackers8199 for the enhanced power menu version 3
The Android community for everything I've learned about Android

If you like my work and think the time I spent to get things done has helped you out, click here to donate to me. Or you could donate to anyone I've mentioned in the credits section. Donations are completely voluntary.

Disclaimer:
This is based off the official Android 4.0.4 IMM30B OTA. It requires an un-locked device. Use at your own risk. While I, and many people, have not experienced any issue, I am not responsible for any problems you face. But I will help where possible. Enjoy the open Android eco-system, but take full responsibility of anything you do to your devices...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2307075

Flashed Working Great

I did a nandroid backup first, then installed from the zip file using cwm (touch version) without wiping. I had only previously rooted 4.0.2.

It worked fine and I'm up and running. The only thing I notice is the baseband version is I515.09? Was it supposed to update to .10? Other then that (and I may be completely mistaken, everything looks great. Thanks for the hard work!

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Will I lose all data if I flash

I didn't lose a thing but I still did a nandroid back-up as a precaution.

Reactions: EsPeHil

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
Flashed it and everything is good so far, however I was expecting stock kernel, this one in about says p3droid can anyone point me to the stock kernel in a zip or should I not worry about it

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

It worked fine and I'm up and running. The only thing I notice is the baseband version is I515.09? Was it supposed to update to .10? Other then that (and I may be completely mistaken

Mine stayed .09 don't think it changes

ksizzle9

Jun 17, 2010
Knoxville
I'm about to try this on without wiping. Mainly because I flashed the update through CWM last night but couldn't manage to keep root. Everyone said just use the toolkit but it would always hangup on "waiting for USB debugging to be enabled". Tried it on both of the tool kits available. I'm loving this update, no placebo effect here I'm getting a solid 2-3 bars of 4G in my home where I wasn't before. Also, the phone is much smoother all the way around. For verification just press the ole multitasking button and it is a lot less laggy when popping up.

Poster above, it says that this is a stock kernel however I've yet to load it up so we will see.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
Mine gets hung up there too, while its showing that I switch USB ports and tick/untick debugging. Eventually the program picks up on it and proceeds.

stopswitch

Mar 24, 2011
Southern California
Flashed over stock 4.0.2 with 4.0.4 radios already installed. Only wiped cache, but not data. Everything works great so far and I've noticed a few changes for the better. The kernel however is not stock, which is weird because I thought I read it had a stock kernel. Wallet works fine with this ROM, no secure element lock out and everything went good. Thanks for your hard work.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

crankerchick

Apr 12, 2006
Flashed a little while ago at the gym. No issues so far. Made a Android first of my 4.0.2 stock rooted and then flashed without wiping. I should have wiped cache but I didn't. Started up with no issues. Google+ kept reporting a force close so I cleared data for the app and good so far.

Definiteltpy snappier. I had a lag in my app drawer that seems to be gone now. Also no lag with the multitasking button and that is with 8 things in the list which was enough to lag it before.

This does do something with the signal bars though. My LTE strength is -101 dBm and I have 4 bars. Before, the same signal strength would be 1 maybe 2 bars. Maybe it is reporting based on my 3G strength or they have just adjusted the LTE thresholds. I'm OK if they adjusted the thresholds but am not happy if it is reporting bars based on 3G.

Edit: Also, looks like they speed up the rotate.
Edit2: also looks like maybe android os awake is tamed, but need to run longer than 1 hour to tell!
Edit3: liking the updates to the Gmail app as well.

Last edited:

Tony_C

Oct 31, 2010
Flashed it and everything is good so far, however I was expecting stock kernel, this one in about says p3droid can anyone point me to the stock kernel in a zip or should I not worry about it

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Mine stayed .09 don't think it changes
I flashed this morning, full wipe, it show i515.10 FA02

Top Liked Posts