Thinking of putting android on touchpad..

Search This thread

corz123

Nov 11, 2011
Hey guys. I'm looking to put android on my pad. Is there an ics based one with everything working and stable that someone can recommend? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

ianm

Dec 28, 2004
Manchester
Unless you need the camera, I can recommend just getting the latest CM9 installed.

We've had alpha 2 on our TP since it came out and it is pretty much perfect other than the camera is not working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Eat it iPhone

Sep 23, 2010
Put cm9 on it. Ull never boot into webos again unless u need Skype, and when they fix camera/Mic ull never use webos again

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

corz123

Nov 11, 2011
Hi guys thanks for responding. What about the audio, netflix, and wifi? For example I see some threads where it seems that wifi is unfixable. But from what's being posted it that seems to not be the case. Can someone clarify?

ohyeahar

Dec 7, 2007
Hong Kong
jason-says.blogspot.com
Hi guys thanks for responding. What about the audio, netflix, and wifi? For example I see some threads where it seems that wifi is unfixable. But from what's being posted it that seems to not be the case. Can someone clarify?

Audio and wifi works fine for me in CM9. Can't comment on Netflix since I don't use it.

Anyway, just go ahead and take the plunge. Every TouchPad owner should just install CM9. You have absolutely nothing to lose (except perhaps your warranty, but who cares about that?) and everything to gain.

haxin

Nov 25, 2011
las vegas
www.702wifi.com
Netflix youtube and flash have been fixed up nicely, im on 9.0.0 RC0 touchpad-alpha2 , earlierversions had some issues with netflix n such. As well, i've never had a problem with wifi on any rom ive ever tried.

corz123

Nov 11, 2011
Okay I think I'll take a look. Any idea when the next major release or milestone is? I'm going on vacation in a few so would be nice to have a nice newer version waiting for me...

And can anyone recommend a guide? I know there are some on sites like prenation but can someone recommend one that is actually updated and that they have personal experience with?

ohyeahar

Dec 7, 2007
Hong Kong
jason-says.blogspot.com
Okay I think I'll take a look. Any idea when the next major release or milestone is? I'm going on vacation in a few so would be nice to have a nice newer version waiting for me...

And can anyone recommend a guide? I know there are some on sites like prenation but can someone recommend one that is actually updated and that they have personal experience with?

I do believe it's taboo to ask for release ETAs when it comes to CM...

Re: Guide
Just follow the steps here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1305891
Then flash CM9 and Gapps via CWM recovery. Wipe data, cache, and dalvik. Reboot. Enjoy.

sean is here.

Mar 11, 2010
Southampton, UK

Google Reverend Kyle for the best tutorials.

Tibre

Mar 19, 2012

I've personally found the official threads to be the best guide, but I suppose YMMV.
As for the question in the OP, I'm currently running eyeballer's unofficial nightly from the 18th, and it's held up quite well against everything I've thrown at it thus far.
Obviously, the camera and microphone don't work, but that's expected. I've had no issues with WiFi connectivity, although I have had one random reboot.
I'm running with a modest overclock to 1.7 as well.

daybis13

Nov 23, 2010
Houston
Did they ever get the camera working on CM7? I don't think so. Either way, I'm using CM9 every day. It's awesome. You'll never go back webOS. Hopefully Windows 8 can get flashed over to this bad boy too.