[Q] can't boot my dhd or use recovery

Search This thread

ammo93

Mar 4, 2012
Hi guys
I have a HTC Desire HD that i rooted. i flashed android revolutionary 7.1 and and everything was perfect, no issues. then around 20 days ago i tryd to flash a new rom using aahk-13012012 but i got an error. Anyways, now i can't start my phone.. all i get is a white screen with a green HTC logo, i kept it half a day hoping i will start, but it was the same screen.

when i press power+vol down i go to hboot

(ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-0-85.0024
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC.boot
Apr 12 2011, 00:55:45

SD Checking...
Loading...[PD98DIAG.zip]
no image or wronge image
loading PD98DIAG.nhb
no image or wronge image
loading PD98IMG.zip
no image or wronge image

i did put the PD98IMG.zip and update.zip(renamed the rom) in the sd card root but i still cant load :(

i tryd to go to recovery then power+ vol up, then i get a error E:cannot open /cache/system/command or somthing and when i press apply update.zip it says somthning like: cannot locate update.zip, operation aborted

did restore factory sitting, whipe chache and everything chooseable but nothing work :'(... pleeeaaseeee helpp!!!! miss my DHD, using an old nokia phone :(

anyone know anything that makes my phone start up? plzz!!!

Reinaldo33897

Jul 11, 2011
Atlanta
Hi guys
I have a HTC Desire HD that i rooted. i flashed android revolutionary 7.1 and and everything was perfect, no issues. then around 20 days ago i tryd to flash a new rom using aahk-13012012 but i got an error. Anyways, now i can't start my phone.. all i get is a white screen with a green HTC logo, i kept it half a day hoping i will start, but it was the same screen.

(ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-0-85.0024
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC.boot

SD Checking...
Loading...[PD98DIAG.zip]
no image or wronge image
loading PD98DIAG.nhb
no image or wronge image
loading PD98IMG.zip
no image or wronge image

i did put the PD98IMG.zip and update.zip(renamed the rom) in the sd card root but i still cant load :(

i tryd to go to recovery then power+ vol up, then i get a error E:cannot open /cache/system/command or somthing and when i press apply update.zip it says somthning like: cannot locate update.zip, operation aborted

did restore factory sitting, whipe chache and everything chooseable but nothing work :'(... pleeeaaseeee helpp!!!! miss my DHD, using an old nokia phone :(

If you can get into recover try download the rom you want to use and pace it in root of your sd card(not in any folder). Then go into recovery wipe factory setting, wipe cache partitions go into advance>wipe dalvik cache. Hit back istall from sd card>choose zip from sd card>choose rom you placed in sd card and install. Reboot after its installed.
If it didnt work you may have screwed up your bootloader. First why did you use AAHK to load a new rom when all you needed to do was go into recovery wipe factory, wipe cache then wipe dalvik then flash rom. All rom forums have their instructions on how to install their roms. Head over to AAHK forum and go into IRC Chat they will help you solve your issue there.
NEVER RENAME ROMS

Last edited:

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Hi guys

(ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-0-85.0024
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC.boot

SD Checking...
Loading...[PD98DIAG.zip]
no image or wronge image
loading PD98DIAG.nhb
no image or wronge image
loading PD98IMG.zip
no image or wronge image

Rom are not PD98IMG.zip files...they do not contain radios, so you just can flash in CWM. I don´t know what u did, but as Reinaldo says, you might have screwed your hboot....now if you are s-off and rooted and did a factory reset that means that u have no rom in your device, plus you have just erased usb debugging so, now you can´t use the fastboot. My advice, is that u stop messing your phone. You have to ask and educate yourself before doing something you don´t know. It is very hard to solve a problem after you have messed in such a way,...:mad:

EDIT..besides to boot into hboot / recovery is power + volume down....

HTCinspiration

Aug 15, 2011
Tulsa
Dude, in the future, when things start going wrong, Don't keep clicking away at "everything chooseable". That will never, ever fix it. Stop everything & read & inform urself before going ANY further. Just some fyi for the future man. It will save ur device, if it's not already messed up

Reactions: ammo93

ammo93

Mar 4, 2012
thanks for replaying guys, yea you're right i shouldn't have done anything before i was sure.

i did wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition but there is no option for wipe dalvik cache, and there is no "choose zip from sd card" its only "Apply sdcard:update.zip" therefore i named the room as "update" too. and when i hit apply sdcard:update.zip it says :
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No suck file or directory)
E:signature veerification failed
Installation aborted.

and ya, i cant use fastboot eighter :(

I used AAHK because i thought it was possiable to flash using it.
I will visit AAHK forum tomorw and go into IRC chat, hope someone can help.. have to get some sleep now..

Thanks =) sorry if i have bad english btw and thanks for the info to never rename roms

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
thanks for replaying guys, yea you're right i shouldn't have done anything before i was sure.

i did wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition but there is no option for wipe dalvik cache, and there is no "choose zip from sd card" its only "Apply sdcard:update.zip" therefore i named the room as "update" too. and when i hit apply sdcard:update.zip it says :
Installation aborted.

I will visit AAHK forum tomorw and go into IRC chat, hope someone can help.. have to get some sleep now..

Thanks =) sorry if i have bad english btw and thanks for the info to never rename roms

Ammo, you need to flash a RUU in order to have a working phone...hit the Hack Kit channel and I will lend u a hand

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Reactions: ammo93

ammo93

Mar 4, 2012
Hi, thank you very much, will soo apriciate it :D
im a little new, so i dont really know how to hit the hack kit channel :p..
but could you help me step-by-step how to install/flash the RUU and the link to the RUU download for my phone?

Would be very thankful!! :D

Last edited:

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Hi, thank you very much, will soo apriciate it :D
im a little new, so i dont really know how to hit the hack kit channel :p..
but could you help me step-by-step how to install/flash the RUU and the link to the RUU download for my phone?

Would be very thankful!! :D

I answered the PM, what carrier is your phone? you need to find a RUU for your device in order to make it work....PM and we can make it together.

Rash123

Sep 15, 2012
I have this same problem

I answered the PM, what carrier is your phone? you need to find a RUU for your device in order to make it work....PM and we can make it together.

Hey guys!

I am currently encountering this EXACT same problem and have been looking for a solution for a LONG LONG time.
Unfortunately i have done exactly what this guy had done...
I am using a HTC Desire HD unlocked... S-OFF ... or i think... I honestly have no idea what i have done (just wanted ics on my phone)
Though i am having the same problems as the ones addressed previously on this thread.

Please help me
would really be appreciated!
thank you

Gizmoe

Hey guys!

I am currently encountering this EXACT same problem and have been looking for a solution for a LONG LONG time.
I am using a HTC Desire HD unlocked... S-OFF ... or i think... I honestly have no idea what i have done (just wanted ics on my phone)
Though i am having the same problems as the ones addressed previously on this thread.

Please help me
thank you

Find a stock ruu for your device. Plug phone into pc. From hboot select fastboot and run the ruu from pc. You will remain s off. When able to enter Rom select to enable USB debugging. Use the hack kit option menu to re flash recovery. Now from recovery install whatever Rom you choose. Make a backup first though.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Reactions: Rash123

Rash123

Sep 15, 2012
How do i run the ruu form the pc?

Find a stock ruu for your device. Plug phone into pc. From hboot select fastboot and run the ruu from pc. You will remain s off. When able to enter Rom select to enable USB debugging. Use the hack kit option menu to re flash recovery. Now from recovery install whatever Rom you choose. Make a backup first though.

Thanks for replying buddy
How do i run the ruu from pc?

cheers

David93244

Oct 27, 2011
Chicago Burbs

Thanks for fixing my phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for replying buddy
    How do i run the ruu from pc?

cheers

Just right click and run as administrator. RUU's are a PC installer interface. They only run on a PC.

Dude, in the future, when things start going wrong, Don't keep clicking away at "everything chooseable". That will never, ever fix it. Stop everything & read & inform urself before going ANY further. Just some fyi for the future man. It will save ur device, if it's not already messed up

Installation aborted.

Ammo, you need to flash a RUU in order to have a working phone...hit the Hack Kit channel and I will lend u a hand

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA
    Hey guys!

Please help me
    thank you