[Q] root Polaroid S10 ??

Search This thread

DudeGuy1252

Nov 28, 2013
Hello I'm new to this site, so if this is in the wrong section I am sorry. I have recently picked up a Polaroid S10 android tablet running 4.2.2
I have been searching for a way to root it, but to my disappointment I can't seem to find anything for this model :( Please someone help me.
Thank you for your time.

DudeGuy1252

Nov 28, 2013
Well framaroot doesn't work. Where would I get the superuser.zip from? I have stock recovery but dont know what I can do. I can't find anything on the polaroid s10 only same brand just dif model.

DudeGuy1252

Nov 28, 2013
Looks like that there isn't anyway to root the polaroid s10 :( Maybe downgrade it or something, but I wouldn't know how to do that either. Please someone on the interweb help me with this tablet.

DudeGuy1252

Nov 28, 2013
Install SRT Appscanner from Play Store and please tell me if any bugs listed say vulnerable.

Ok, so I downloaded it and it says. Security Vulnerabilities: Bug 9695860 is not fixed
Bug 9950697 is not fixed

I have no idea what any of that means so if that can be a good thing please let me know. Really just want to root this tablet :(

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
Ok, so I downloaded it and it says. Security Vulnerabilities: Bug 9695860 is not fixed
Bug 9950697 is not fixed

I have no idea what any of that means so if that can be a good thing please let me know. Really just want to root this tablet :(

In this case, that is a good thing FYI. Cydia Impactor should be able to get you rooted then. Follow the directions in this post:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47966088#post47966088

It may say this is root method for a different device in that post but Impactor works on alot of phones and I am too lazy to write out directions for you lol (too much turkey last night), it is much easier to just link to that post. :)

If you have any problems let me know and I will do my best to help. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

DudeGuy1252

Nov 28, 2013
In this case, that is a good thing FYI. Cydia Impactor should be able to get you rooted then. Follow the directions in this post:

It may say this is root method for a different device in that post but Impactor works on alot of phones and I am too lazy to write out directions for you lol (too much turkey last night), it is much easier to just link to that post. :)

If you have any problems let me know and I will do my best to help. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Thank you so much that did the trick :victory: I didn't think that it would ever be rooted. Thank you again for your help :victory:

DudeGuy1252

Nov 28, 2013
By chance do you know of a custom recovery that will work with the S10 ? And maybe a custom rom? I'm really sorry to keep asking lol

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
Thank you so much that did the trick :victory: I didn't think that it would ever be rooted. Thank you again for your help :victory:

You could just hit my thanks button at bottom left of any post. :) Sorry but I do not know of any custom recovery of roms for this specific device, you may try googling but since you could not find a root method until now I dont think there is much development for this device sadly.

DudeGuy1252

Nov 28, 2013
You could just hit my thanks button at bottom left of any post. :) Sorry but I do not know of any custom recovery of roms for this specific device, you may try googling but since you could not find a root method until now I dont think there is much development for this device sadly.

Well that stinks :( I don't really like the stock rom. I have cyanogenmod on my phone, wish that more poeple would start to work on this tablet soon.

snova50

Feb 7, 2013
Don't know if you were able to fix your boot loop, try looking for a way to hard rest. As for root, the tablet comes rooted. You have to download 1mobile and install superuser and you have full root. As for getting play store and Google frame work. Go to polaroid site and there will be a download for phoenixsuit that you will have to download and install from a computer. Hope some of this helps

LionheartSilver

Feb 11, 2013
Mexico

Many thanks sir!
Confirmed working on a Polaroid Tablet PMID704G witout any problem!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bug 9950697 is not fixed

Looks like that there isn't anyway to root the polaroid s10 :( Maybe downgrade it or something, but I wouldn't know how to do that either. Please someone on the interweb help me with this tablet.

Install SRT Appscanner from Play Store and please tell me if any bugs listed say vulnerable.