[root] samsung galaxy s3/s4 (qualcomm)

Search This thread

MotoDefier

Aug 4, 2011
Flower Mound
I have heavily modified the MotoChopper exploit by XDA member drjbliss to handle the new changes to file permissions in JellyBean 4.3+. Because this tool is based on MotoChopper it will likely support the same device list that MotoChopper supports however i have only tested it on the T-mobile T999 & T999L and the i337 .

If you would like to test it on other devices it should be fairly safe to try as it should either work or fail, of course testing anything like this is always at your own risk and i am not liable for any damage to your device, self esteem and so on. If you do test it on your device, please report your results here so that I can try to fine tune it if need be.​

For this current version you will have to have TWRP installed on your device.

if it works for you don't forget to hit the thanks button! enjoy.:cowboy:

all instructions on how to use are inside the tool. this is for windows users only.

https://www.cubby.com/pl/AOSP-RT.zip/_8993b27f32b9447996c3611b3af19cd8

Last edited:
Reactions: caballon

roote223

Mar 20, 2011
Does this set off the KNOX flasher for the m919 on 4 3

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

MotoDefier

Aug 4, 2011
Flower Mound
Does this set off the KNOX flasher for the m919 on 4 3

I do not know but I will ask my friend who used it on his to test, I believe he was using a custom ROM but I will ask and get back to you as soon as I hear from him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999L using xda app-developers app

MotoDefier

Aug 4, 2011
Flower Mound
Aight thanks.

So sorry I need to edit the main post, I have been working on so many different projects, we did not test it on the M919 it was actually tested on the i337. If you are talking about the flash counter though this will not trip the flash counter, however flashing twrp will trip the binary status, and possibly the Knox counter, I need someone to test it, but I can't tell you how to correct it if it does trip it.

i guess what i should say is that while i have not had a confirmed success of fail on the m919 i have provided the tool to a few who have not been kind enough to report its status

Last edited:

roote223

Mar 20, 2011
So sorry I need to edit the main post, I have been working on so many different projects, we did not test it on the M919 it was actually tested on the i337. If you are talking about the flash counter though this will not trip the flash counter, however flashing twrp will trip the binary status, and possibly the Knox counter, I need someone to test it, but I can't tell you how to correct it if it does trip it.

i guess what i should say is that while i have not had a confirmed success of fail on the m919 i have provided the tool to a few who have not been kind enough to report its status

No worries. I'm just worried about the KNOX counter.

roote223

Mar 20, 2011
The funny thing is when they switch to that tizen bs they are probably going to require the phones to root in order to switch like Ubuntu for the phones.

MotoDefier

Aug 4, 2011
Flower Mound
No worries. I'm just worried about the KNOX counter.

I will put it this way, since I did not take into account Knox being an issue , I will say that yes it will probably trip the Knox counter, but we won't know for sure until someone is willing to try it.

juniorAG

Aug 14, 2012
Please help me out

how would i go about rooting my new at&t galaxy s4

its i337
android 4.3
baseband: mk2

would this method erase all my data on my phone?
Will this really work because i been searching with no luck lately

need step by step instructions please

MotoDefier

Aug 4, 2011
Flower Mound
Please help me out

how would i go about rooting my new at&t galaxy s4

its i337
android 4.3
baseband: mk2

would this method erase all my data on my phone?
Will this really work because i been searching with no luck lately

need step by step instructions please

No it will not erase the data on your phone.
The step by step instructions are inside the tool, if you need instructions on how to flash TWRP to your device via Odin you can find them in the forums. I would include them but it is really outside of the scope of the tool, while the tool requires TWRP to work TWRP is not related in any way to the tool, the tool is simply TWRP dependent.

It has worked on the i337 already, whether or not it works on mk2 has yet to be determined, however the tool is designed in such a way it will either work or fail, if it fails it will not harm your device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG SGH-T999L rooted Slim4.3 official build 2.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have heavily modified the MotoChopper exploit by XDA member drjbliss to handle the new changes to file permissions in JellyBean 4.3+. Because this tool is based on MotoChopper it will likely support the same device list that MotoChopper supports however i have only tested it on the T-mobile T999 & T999L and the i337 .

If you would like to test it on other devices it should be fairly safe to try as it should either work or fail, of course testing anything like this is always at your own risk and i am not liable for any damage to your device, self esteem and so on. If you do test it on your device, please report your results here so that I can try to fine tune it if need be.​

For this current version you will have to have TWRP installed on your device.

if it works for you don't forget to hit the thanks button! enjoy.:cowboy:

all instructions on how to use are inside the tool. this is for windows users only.

https://www.cubby.com/pl/AOSP-RT.zip/_8993b27f32b9447996c3611b3af19cd8