Motoactv

Search This thread

bercut65

Feb 23, 2012
Woot, I'm stoked for that

How you did it,more detail please.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

For the world to test:

ClearDroid MotoACTV Version 1.1.2

Wipe cache and dalvik, then flash. There is no launcher included, and the rom will reset your key layout (change it back to whatever you use with jay's easymodder script).

The market may freeze once or twice the first couple of times you open it and sign in, but do not worry. That is the market updating to the latest market version. Hit the back button, wait a few seconds, then open it again.

The search button does not work yet, but the rest of the market works. Be sure to keep watch over your app storage space, as apps won't download if it is too low.

How i need flash yours rom?What tool i need used?Please provide more detail .Thanks a lot!

blaxer

Sep 17, 2007
Cannot get 1.1.2 to boot, same problem as the 5.6.0 "stock" roms, hangs at the "M" logo. Tried without wipe and with no difference, this is a 16gb version if that matters...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks,
Blax....

tansoftware

Sep 29, 2004
Toronto
Need help...

I'm currently experimenting with different bluetooth profiles as part of our custom Rom development.

I am facing difficulties with tethering the MotoACTV via Nook Tether to another phone...

What I would like to know is the following:

- Where would you install Nook tether on ? On the watch ? or the server phone ?

- What bluetooth profile is used to supply the watch with a BT internet connection ?

- What is the procedure to install nook tether and initiate an internet connection ?

- Which phones support such a profile ?

My ultimate goal is to mimic the same activity on blackberry phones utilizing the Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) to avoid incurring additional monthly data charges since BIS is unlimited. I have been able to activate the BT-DUN profile on my Blackberry phone through customized high level drivers. My PC sees the blackberry device as a DUN modem and connects to it. The Motoactv does not...

I would really appreciate any in depth info on this matter.

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Cannot get 1.1.2 to boot, same problem as the 5.6.0 "stock" roms, hangs at the "M" logo. Tried without wipe and with no difference, this is a 16gb version if that matters...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Thanks,
Blax....

Does it get to the boot animation at all? From what I understood from CEnnis91, the boot image in version 1.6.6 (the base used in CD 1.1.2) is the same for both the 8 and 16 gig versions. Are you doing a full wipe first or just flashing overtop of your existing rom?

sargist

Mar 12, 2012
For the world to test:

Wipe cache and dalvik, then flash. There is no launcher included, and the rom will reset your key layout (change it back to whatever you use with jay's easymodder script).

The market may freeze once or twice the first couple of times you open it and sign in, but do not worry. That is the market updating to the latest market version. Hit the back button, wait a few seconds, then open it again.

The search button does not work yet, but the rest of the market works. Be sure to keep watch over your app storage space, as apps won't download if it is too low.

Hi, I've downloaded the file to SDcard, and through clockworkmod recovery I wiped the cache and the dalvik, when I choose the zip from sd card it says

"_MotoACTV_1.1.2_A.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted"

I'm currently on 5.60 rooted version, any idea of what I'm doing wrong???

Thanks!

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Hi, I've downloaded the file to SDcard, and through clockworkmod recovery I wiped the cache and the dalvik, when I choose the zip from sd card it says

"_MotoACTV_1.1.2_A.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted"

I'm currently on 5.60 rooted version, any idea of what I'm doing wrong???

Thanks!

Looks like it might be a bad download, try downloading again? :)

blaxer

Sep 17, 2007
I have done a full wipe, many permutations, including formatting /system prior to installing 1.1.2 and it just hangs at the "M", no boot animation. I have even tried fastboot flash boot using the boot.img in the 1.1.2 zip... no dice...

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Hi, I've tried that with no success, actually it happened the same thing when I tried to update to 1.1.1 I had the same result, is there any other way to install the update?
Thanks again ;)

Nope, clockworkmod only. You might try re-rooting. There was also an update to clockworkmod a while back, that may very well be your problem. Download root tool version 1.1.4 and run the "root" function again to reinstall the latest one. :)

So far so well.

This doesn't contain the modified package installer?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

THANK YOU! I just realized myself tonight that I forgot that. Working on 1.1.3 right now, but it's acting weird. :)

I have done a full wipe, many permutations, including formatting /system prior to installing 1.1.2 and it just hangs at the "M", no boot animation. I have even tried fastboot flash boot using the boot.img in the 1.1.2 zip... no dice...

If it doesn't even get to the animation, chances are it's a bad boot image. Do you have a rooted 16G?

blaxer

Sep 17, 2007
I am using the root tool 1.1.4, I can do a "stock rooted" works fine, CD 1.0.0 no problem, CD 1.1.0 no problem, CD 1.1.1_b stuck at "M", CD 1.1.2_A stuck at "M".... does that help? I have tried re-downloading everything several times...

Can't get any of these "stock" images to work, (stuck at "M"), http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1534073

sargist

Mar 12, 2012
Nope, clockworkmod only. You might try re-rooting. There was also an update to clockworkmod a while back, that may very well be your problem. Download root tool version 1.1.4 and run the "root" function again to reinstall the latest one. :)

I re-rooted again as you said and got the same results, I wonder if my 1gb partition has anything to do or the app I use to enter clockworkmod (ROM Manager)

Any other piece of advice?

Thanks again for your support

Margino

Nov 4, 2006
Are there any differences between MotoACTVs sold in the US and the EU that will cause problems with rooting or getting the ROM to work?

kensikora

Jun 25, 2010
For the world to test:

Still no dice for me. It causes constant soft reboots. It's definitely the GoogleServicesFramework.apk, since removing that through ADB shell stops the reboots.

This was the same issue that I had when I tried pushing the Google Apps on my own.

dproldan

Dec 7, 2007
Malaga
MotoACTV gapps and more

Hello

This is another approach for exploring the posibilities of the MotoACTV.
This zip is supposed to be flashed on top of Cennis91 rooted-5.6.0-signed.zip, and allows you to keep all the functionality of a stock MotoACTV, just adding a way to access everything else.

Again, you need to install Utkanos' CWR from here:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/17022-recovery-cwmr-5028-for-moto-f100motoactv-beta/#entry506251

Put CEnnis91 rooted-5.6.0-signed.zip and gapps-gb-20110613-MotoACTV.zip in your sdcard.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5849675/motoactv/rooted-5.6.0-signed.zip

http://www.multiupload.nl/XJLKCXA1C6

Long instructions:

In recovery:
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
advanced, wipe dalvik cache
install zip from sdCard
choose zip from sdcard
choose rooted-5.6.0-signed.zip
choose zip from sdcard
choose gaps-20010613-MotoACTV.zip
reboot system now.

in the "complete action using…" window, scroll down and select Zeam
open apps tray
tap flit keyboard (icon has a big F in it)
tap step 1
Select InputMethod: Flit Keyboard
tap flit keyboard settings
tap select 1st keyboard: small Querty
tap select 2nd keyboard: small number
back, back,back

open apps tray
push superUser, okay
press Music (menu) button
tap preferences
set automatic response to allow
back, back

open apps tray
tap button savior, ok
set Auto Hide to 2-3 seconds
set hide on click
set hide close button
set Trigger mode to swipe from side, ok
set theme to something you like (I like Sense UI)
set sideBar orientation to horizontal bottom/center
back

press Music (menu) button
tap preferences
tap Applications grid
set type to Vertical Scrolling
set columns landscape to three, that's sliding to the left side.
back
tap Actions Bindings
set Swipe Up to Toggle fullscreen
set wipe down to Expand notifications
back

tap Dock
set Background to Transparent
set item Spacing to small
back, back, restart now

swipe from the left side of the display to its center and tap the house icon to choose "launcher" now and setup your MotoACTV as usual, even wifi network from device

when you are ready and have a wifi network added, go to Zeam Launcher. (swipe left-to-center, tap home button, choose Zeam)

Add a power control widget, tap and hold somewhere, add, Widgets, power control, 4x2, Ok.

turn off sync (circular arrows), Turn on wifi., wait a few seconds for authentication

open the apps tray and choose Talk, do your login until you see your contacts.
back to the desktop

Open NT Hidden settings
tap Applications Settings
in Development options, unselect the debugging mode. This is so the MotoACTV appears as a disk drive when connected to a computer, instead of ADB.
back to desktop

power cycle the MotoACTV, off and back on. select ZeamLauncher again
turn on wifi from the power widget, wait a few seconds for authentication

open the apps tray and select "market", accept the conditions, play a bit with it, without installing anything. and go back to the desktop.
It should have updated by itself now.

Open "Play Store" now. continue, accept.

That's it for me.

Some tips. Use Ianas' MarketSearch application to install whatever you like. If the "Done" button doesn't work, hold the menu button to hide the keyboard.

The moment you turn on AutoSync, some force closes will appear, get past them, and they shouldn't appear anymore.

Wifi will turn itself off after a few minutes when auto sync is off.

You can keep ButtonSavior's home button pressed for a recent apps list, menu button for keyboard on/off.

Once Button Savior is correctly setup, you can remap the music button to its default if you like.

Install Boat Mini Browser from the market, really good for this display size.
QuickPic for image browsing and setting wallpapers.

Enjoy.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

I'll share what I've accomplished so far:

- Google Talk... Still working on this one. So far, text chatting works, incoming and
outgoing voice calls, incoming video chats crash.

Have you found a way to make the microphone input available for the android system?

It gives me errors with every program that tries to use it, sound recorders, VoiceSearch, etc.

Last edited:

goWYO

Apr 23, 2012
Well all, I rooted, it worked fine (except I couldn't use the original motoactv functionality) and now I decided that I liked it better as a workout aid.... so I "returned to stock" with the root tool from ClearD... and now I have the same old motoactv... with less storage.. and no ability to connect to my computer. I can still manipulate it through with adb.. but I cannot get my computer to recognize it as storage to load music! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Ideally I'd like to wipe the partition too... but I'd settle for just getting it to mount as a USB. Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

dproldan

Dec 7, 2007
Malaga
Open an ADB shell and isue this command
am start -a com.android.settings.APPLICATION_DEVELOPMENT_SETTINGS

Untick the first option. This is permanent. You'll have to reroot for adb to work again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Reactions: goWYO

chino0131

Feb 22, 2010
Washington, DC
Well all, I rooted, it worked fine (except I couldn't use the original motoactv functionality) and now I decided that I liked it better as a workout aid.... so I "returned to stock" with the root tool from ClearD... and now I have the same old motoactv... with less storage.. and no ability to connect to my computer. I can still manipulate it through with adb.. but I cannot get my computer to recognize it as storage to load music! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Ideally I'd like to wipe the partition too... but I'd settle for just getting it to mount as a USB. Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

You should be able to use both the original functions as well as the rooted functions. Did you map buttons? I set my music button to "Home", which allowed me to choose between the stock Moto launcher and Zeam anytime I wanted. I can still use all functions perfectly. Only difference is when plugging in to the computer, I have to stop ADB to get the Moto app on my computer to recognize the Motoactv. Try the link below and use the MotoActv Easy Modder if you wana keep the rooted functions as well as the stock. If not, try ClearD's tool again to return to stock. If your Actv isnt recognized on the computer, try the Easy Modder option to stop adb, or type in the following command: adb shell stop adbd. Hope that helps

Reactions: goWYO

goWYO

Apr 23, 2012
So i'm working through Jaysen's interface (easy modder?).. in the "run a custom ADB Command" feature, and i type :
adb shell (gets me into shell)
am start -a com.android.settings.APPLICATION_DEVELOPMENT_SETTINGS

it says:

Starting: Intent { act=com.android.settings.APPLICATION_DEVELOPMENT_SETTINGS }
.. then all i get is the $ sign for a new command

@ Chino - If i can't get it to return to stock correctly.. I'll go ahead and run it in split mode. Truth be told.. i bought this off a kid who was modding it and didn't know what he was doing... so i've been retracing his steps.. and getting it all pieced back together. I finally got Zeam working and ran the browser... and realized.. that this screen is ridiculously small haha.. i've got all the root functions that i need on my phone.. so i've just not been seeing the benefit to having my watch rooted. BUT, if i COULD do both, and have them both WORK... i'd do it i think. So, having used ClearD's "return to stock" ... do i have to root again and start all over? am i going to have to form another partition? (yep... i guess i'm THAT guy.)

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Well, i'm not sure if it was the command from dproldan.. or what, but when i connected to my computer this time.. it gave me the option on my motoactv to disable usb debugging.. and viola.. all just like normal again. Does this mean i'm officially un-rooted, if the command didn't work like normal? or did my motoactv just finally remember to give me the option to turn debugging off??

dproldan

Dec 7, 2007
Malaga
Yes, that was the command I gave you. You had to untick the option on the motoactv display.

You are still rooted. But you can't access it from adb anymore, so there's no difference.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Reactions: ClearD and goWYO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWMR ported

Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.7 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

actvcmwr.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
    2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
    3) adb shell (become root)
    4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    5) exit adb from the device
    6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_motorola_F100_initrd

device config:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_motorola_F100

credits:
    koush for cwmr.
    TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
    hashcode for some helpful insight.
    MotoACTV Easy Modder v0.1

Post removed, see below.
    Well, it was a *****, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

ayu6vRFV

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
    CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
    adb shell
    # dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
    # exit
    adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a ****tily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
    b) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
    c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
    TheEndGame7 for providing a device
    ClearD for files
    Attached is the latest copy of my MotoACTV Easy Modder v1.0. This is a MAJOR upgrade! Adds numerous features and completely revises how backups are stored on the computer. Need to use 7zip to extract it, wouldn't let me upload that big of a .zip file.

To make this version see your old backups, open your IMGs folder, make a new folder (no spaces), drag all your old .img files into it.

ChangeLog:
    v1.0 Updated 1/16/12
    - Redesigned GUI
    - Integrated SuperOneClick (Very basic at the moment)
    - Backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Restore (Boot, Recovery, System, Cache, Userdata, All)
    - Added more Button Remaps (21 configurations)
    - Run Custom ADB commands
    - Run Custom Fastboot commands

v0.8 Updated 1/12/12
    - Fixed a few errors
    - Made ADB pause until a device is detected before continuing
    - New method of button remapping (DELETE "Keypads" folder from previous version)
    - Cleaned code

v0.6 Updated 01/09/12
    - Backup
    - Now supports multiple images
    - Restore / Flash
    - Flash Custom Boot.img
    - Implemented Userdata Restore
    - Implemented System and Userdata Restore
    - Mods
    - Install Custom APKs
    - Tools
    - Remount filesystem as Read/Write
    - Modified "Clean '/system/app'"

v0.1 Initial Release
    - Backup (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Restore (System.img and Userdata.img)
    - Remap Buttons (7 different configurations)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace Stock PackageInstaller.apk with one from CyanogenMod
    - Remove MotoCRAP (Strip '/system/app')
    - Restart MotoACTV
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Future Plans:
    - Market Installer
    - Port scripts to *nix and Mac

Screenshots:
    http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=5789

Download:
    Newer version posted later in thread. Page 55.
    Working on an All-in-One batch file with an easy to use menu to try and make the alleviate some problems people are having so that the IRC can be used more for development progress and creative ideas rather than support.

Features:
    - Backup (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Restore (system.img and userdata.img)
    - Install Launcher (Honeycomb and Zeam)
    - Replace PackageInstaller.apk
    - Remap Buttons (7 configurations)
    - Restart
    - Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)

Attached are a few screenshots. Let me know if there is anything else I should include.