Wifi
Bluetooth
GPS
Camera (Zoe features, etc.)
MMS
LTE - No signal icon, but it works

DOWNLOAD:

ROM DOWNLOAD

GAPPS - Mini Package of Gapps...will get you the basics, then you can download other apps as you like.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Put rom and update on SD Card.
2. Boot to recovery.
2a. If coming from another ROM, wipe DATA AND SYSTEM
3. 4. Flash ROM.
4. Profit?

NOTES

1. Things change quickly with this ROM and I am a space cadet, so the OP has this nasty habit of sometimes being inaccurate. I try to update it as quickly as possible, but sometimes I forget, so be sure to read the last few pages of posts for status updates, ROM links, and other stuff that will be useful and time-saving.

2. This is a beta until further notice. The ROM is fairly stable and definitely better than others I've used, but because MIUI is based on 4.2.2 Sense and the Sprint One doesn't have an actual 4.2.2 Sense ROM, we are basically making a port using another port.

3. That being said, there is a very slight chance that flashing a test build could temporarily bork your data. I test everything I upload, but because of nature of the ROM, there is always the possibility for unseen consequences. Don't fear though, it can be fixed. All you have to do is download and flash CM10.2. Let it boot, and 90% of the time your data will be fixed. If that still doesn't work, flash a stock Sense ROM, and do a scrtn reset. That's it. It's highly unlikely that this will happen to you, but if it does, don't say I didn't tell you so.

4. Please post logcats and detailed descriptions of issues that can't be easily replicated. These two factors make all the difference between me providing a quick and helpful response and completely ignoring you. :p

5. The custom installer is still a WIP. You may experience weirdness when extracting xtra and base packages yet, so if prompted to install them, don't do so at this time.

KERNEL SOURCE:

https://github.com/Lens-F/Sprint-One-4.2.2-Sense

XDA:DevDB Information
MIUI 4.4.11 for M7SPR, a ROM for the Sprint HTC One

Contributors
digitalhigh, Th3Bill
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Firmware Required: Any
Based On: Sense

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 4.4.11
Beta Release Date: 2014-04-14

Created 2013-12-09
Last Updated 2014-04-14

Last edited:

digitalhigh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com

What is MIUI?

Well, the short answer is that MIUI is a custom ROM for Android that totally kicks ass.

The slightly longer answer is that MIUI is a custom ROM for Android created by a Chinese company called Xiaomi...and it totally kicks ass. It boasts an array of custom apps that are both unique and powerful. Due to the way MIUI is created, it also allows for it to retain features of the original ROM it was based on - in this instance, Sense 5.

It also has a custom theme engine that is limited only by the efforts of the themer, a custom security center that rivals third party software, and meticulous attention to detail throughout the ROM.

But really, a few paragraphs don't do it justice...so I took some screenshots. Here goes...

NOTE:

In writing this, I found myself frequently wanting to add in "EVERYTHING YOU SEE CAN BE THEMED TO LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT."

I can't stress this enough. Every theme adds something different to MIUI, and you can mix and match elements of themes, so there is really no limit to what YOUR Miui looks like. But, instead of offering this information in every section below, I thought it would just be easier to say it once in all caps. :D

Xiaomi Account:

One of the things you'll notice in using MIUI is how ingrained the Xiaomi account has become. It's not mandatory, but having one will allow you to take full advantage of the features of MIUI.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-13-51.png

By creating and using you Xiaomi account, you will have access to Cloud Backups of photos, your applications, messaging, theme purchases, as well as the MIUI Market, Video Center, and Game app.

Think of it like the Chinese version of Google.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-13-44.png

MiHome Launcher:

At a glance, the MiHome Launcher looks a lot like IOS. The default theme uses the same kind of colorful, squarish icons, and there is no app drawer.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-08-49.png

Icons in the launcher can be grouped into any number of folders, and the folder names can be customized.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-31.png

The launcher can feature an unlimited number of pages, and each page can have both icons and widgets. The ROM includes a number of MIUI-specific widgets, as well as allowing HTC and 3rd party widgets with ease.

Widgets can also be resized as in other ROMS.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-15-56.png
Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-16-02.png

Lockscreen:

The basic MIUI Lockscreen is both simple and powerful. Like other android ROMS, it can be configured to unlock via slide, pin, facelock, or pattern.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-16.png

The stock Lockscreen offers options to unlock, open dialer, open SMS, or go to camera.

Additionally, pressing the "home" button while on the lockscreen will enable the torch app for quick access to a flashlight.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-21.png

When playing music, the lockscreen buttons show media controls, and with the screen off, the volume buttons can optionally control track skipping.

It should be noted that the media controls work for ALL media apps, not just the stock music player. :D

Screenshot_2014-01-07-11-10-01.png

Themes:

As I've mentioned a number of times...one of the coolest things about MIUI is the theme engine. While some other ROMS either come pre-themed or have a limited theme engine, MIUI offers a powerful theme system that can go as far as to customize third-party applications like Gmail and the Play store (as two examples).

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-11-34.png

Additionally, the theme system for the lockscreen is incredibly powerful, allowing complex programming and features provided by other applications. A great example of this is TheNest, which actually features it's own customization menu to allow complete control of what background and text is displayed.

The theme engine has it's own online market, which features hundreds of themes ready for download. There are both paid and free themes, and a lot of them are simply stunning.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-11-39.png

Now, I could write paragraphs alone about all the neat things you get by flipping themes in MIUI, but I've got a lot more ground to cover, so rest assured it's pretty badass.

Phone/Contacts:

While the dialer, contacts, and director apps all have separate icons, they all function as one app. It looks simple on the surface, but is actually very powerful.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-08-57.png

The dialer features T9 lookup, and because this is a Sense-based ROM, it also allows some EPST codes.

Contacts can either be stored locally, in an Xiaomi account, as a Google contact, or as an outlook or email contact.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-09-15.png
Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-09-27.png

The dialer has features to merge duplicate contacts, blacklist by number or name, import/export of contacts, and auto organization. It allows support for HD/fullscreen contact images, auto-creates "favorite" contacts based on frequently used numbers, and will even generate a text-based image if a number has a stored name but no image.

And as a neat little weird aside, you can also change the dialer tone to piano notes. Not especially useful, but very fun.

SMS/Messaging:

The SMS app is fairly straightforward, but also offers a few unique features for a "stock" messaging app.

As was mentioned previously, if using an Xiaomi account, MIUI supports cloud messaging, similarly to how Google Voice or Hangouts works. In addition to sending messages over Wifi, you can choose to have everything backed up to your midrive, which you can then review online.

The messaging app supports group messaging, delivery report requests/notifications, lockscreen/status bar preview of messages, and quick contacts when selecting recipients. You can also send quick responses, messages timed to send at a specific time, and automatically take messages from service providers and roll it up into one message.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-10.png
Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-09-53.png

Additionally, one of my favorite features is the message popup function. When a text is received, a floating window will appear and you can respond to the text without having to stop what you're doing.

6cbfd3de-0141-4d49-8da5-b7672990626e.png

Music:

The music app is both beautiful and powerful. The onboard media scanner will automatically find and index all music files on the SD Card, and you customize a filesize for tracks to ignore as songs.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-12-05.png

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-12-08.png

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-12-18.png

The is also an online lyric lookup feature, and a whole online section where you can listen to mostly chinese music...but there's also a neat FM thing that I've never used.

The player has it's own widget, as well as native display for now playing songs in the status bar and lockscreen. I think there's a visualizer too.

Clock, Compass, Calculator, Sound Recorder, and Notes Apps:

Not to detract from some more incredibly beautiful MIUI Apps, I'm going to provide a few screenshots and a brief description of each app, as they're all fairly straightforward.

The clock features four sections - alarms, stopwatch, timer and time. Alarms can be set as needed, and can either repeat or be once-only, or only go off on specific days. You know...like an alarm. Stopwatch is a stopwatch, timer is a timer, and in the time section you can specify any number of time zones to display the current time of.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-37.png
Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-39.png

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-42.png
Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-45.png

The compass displays magnetic north and the current latitude longitude.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-11-17.png

The calculator has both basic and scientific functions, with the scientific section featuring the most commonly used algebraic symbols and functions.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-58.png

The sound recorder does just that...records stuff. Very simple, yet pretty.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-51.png

The notes app is used to create notes which can have attached photos or video, and can also be set to open with an alarm. You can also "stick" the notes to the desktop using a widget app.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-12-36.png

Last edited:

pzzsx

Aug 7, 2010
Woo I can't wait for the official release!!

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bairdog35

Sep 13, 2011
I will start counting the days to official release!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
edit: thread re-open.

Last edited:

dandan2980

Jun 17, 2010
Sweet will this get beats since its sense based????

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

dandan2980

Jun 17, 2010
Can't wait haven't ran Miui in a long long time 59% and counting

digitalhigh

Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com

Bairdog35

Sep 13, 2011
Thank you for this :) So its is 4.2.2 based and not 4.3? Do you think we will get a build running 4.3 or 4.4 later in life?!

digitalhigh

Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
Thank you for this :) So its is 4.2.2 based and not 4.3? Do you think we will get a build running 4.3 or 4.4 later in life?!

Hard to say. I haven't heard of a 4.3 MIUI yet, although I *think* they're about due to release V6 soon. Considering we have a new/popular device with an official 4.3 (and soon 4.4) ROM, it's possible.

Reactions: sharky481232

dandan2980

Jun 17, 2010
Got a failed get prop. Something of that sort failed to flash. Coming from renovate Rom I wiped 3 times.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TEAM CHOCOTACO IS PROUD TO PRESENT:
    MIUI V 4.4.11 for the Sprint HTC One

Screenshot_2013-11-11-22-06-31.jpg

What works:
    Data
    Voice
    SMS
    IR Blaster
    FM Radio
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    Camera (Zoe features, etc.)
    MMS
    LTE - No signal icon, but it works

DOWNLOAD:

ROM DOWNLOAD

GAPPS - Mini Package of Gapps...will get you the basics, then you can download other apps as you like.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Put rom and update on SD Card.
    2. Boot to recovery.
    2a. If coming from another ROM, wipe DATA AND SYSTEM
    3. 4. Flash ROM.
    4. Profit?

NOTES

1. Things change quickly with this ROM and I am a space cadet, so the OP has this nasty habit of sometimes being inaccurate. I try to update it as quickly as possible, but sometimes I forget, so be sure to read the last few pages of posts for status updates, ROM links, and other stuff that will be useful and time-saving.

2. This is a beta until further notice. The ROM is fairly stable and definitely better than others I've used, but because MIUI is based on 4.2.2 Sense and the Sprint One doesn't have an actual 4.2.2 Sense ROM, we are basically making a port using another port.

3. That being said, there is a very slight chance that flashing a test build could temporarily bork your data. I test everything I upload, but because of nature of the ROM, there is always the possibility for unseen consequences. Don't fear though, it can be fixed. All you have to do is download and flash CM10.2. Let it boot, and 90% of the time your data will be fixed. If that still doesn't work, flash a stock Sense ROM, and do a scrtn reset. That's it. It's highly unlikely that this will happen to you, but if it does, don't say I didn't tell you so.

4. Please post logcats and detailed descriptions of issues that can't be easily replicated. These two factors make all the difference between me providing a quick and helpful response and completely ignoring you. :p

5. The custom installer is still a WIP. You may experience weirdness when extracting xtra and base packages yet, so if prompted to install them, don't do so at this time.

KERNEL SOURCE:

https://github.com/Lens-F/Sprint-One-4.2.2-Sense

XDA:DevDB Information
    MIUI 4.4.11 for M7SPR, a ROM for the Sprint HTC One

Contributors
    digitalhigh, Th3Bill
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Firmware Required: Any
    Based On: Sense

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 4.4.11
    Beta Release Date: 2014-04-14

Created 2013-12-09
    Last Updated 2014-04-14

What is MIUI?

Well, the short answer is that MIUI is a custom ROM for Android that totally kicks ass.

The slightly longer answer is that MIUI is a custom ROM for Android created by a Chinese company called Xiaomi...and it totally kicks ass. It boasts an array of custom apps that are both unique and powerful. Due to the way MIUI is created, it also allows for it to retain features of the original ROM it was based on - in this instance, Sense 5.

It also has a custom theme engine that is limited only by the efforts of the themer, a custom security center that rivals third party software, and meticulous attention to detail throughout the ROM.

But really, a few paragraphs don't do it justice...so I took some screenshots. Here goes...

NOTE:

In writing this, I found myself frequently wanting to add in "EVERYTHING YOU SEE CAN BE THEMED TO LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT."

I can't stress this enough. Every theme adds something different to MIUI, and you can mix and match elements of themes, so there is really no limit to what YOUR Miui looks like. But, instead of offering this information in every section below, I thought it would just be easier to say it once in all caps. :D

Xiaomi Account:

One of the things you'll notice in using MIUI is how ingrained the Xiaomi account has become. It's not mandatory, but having one will allow you to take full advantage of the features of MIUI.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-13-51.png

By creating and using you Xiaomi account, you will have access to Cloud Backups of photos, your applications, messaging, theme purchases, as well as the MIUI Market, Video Center, and Game app.

Think of it like the Chinese version of Google.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-13-44.png

MiHome Launcher:

At a glance, the MiHome Launcher looks a lot like IOS. The default theme uses the same kind of colorful, squarish icons, and there is no app drawer.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-08-49.png

Icons in the launcher can be grouped into any number of folders, and the folder names can be customized.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-31.png

The launcher can feature an unlimited number of pages, and each page can have both icons and widgets. The ROM includes a number of MIUI-specific widgets, as well as allowing HTC and 3rd party widgets with ease.

Widgets can also be resized as in other ROMS.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-15-56.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-16-02.png

Lockscreen:

The basic MIUI Lockscreen is both simple and powerful. Like other android ROMS, it can be configured to unlock via slide, pin, facelock, or pattern.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-16.png

The stock Lockscreen offers options to unlock, open dialer, open SMS, or go to camera.

Additionally, pressing the "home" button while on the lockscreen will enable the torch app for quick access to a flashlight.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-21.png

When playing music, the lockscreen buttons show media controls, and with the screen off, the volume buttons can optionally control track skipping.

It should be noted that the media controls work for ALL media apps, not just the stock music player. :D

Screenshot_2014-01-07-11-10-01.png

Themes:

As I've mentioned a number of times...one of the coolest things about MIUI is the theme engine. While some other ROMS either come pre-themed or have a limited theme engine, MIUI offers a powerful theme system that can go as far as to customize third-party applications like Gmail and the Play store (as two examples).

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-11-34.png

Additionally, the theme system for the lockscreen is incredibly powerful, allowing complex programming and features provided by other applications. A great example of this is TheNest, which actually features it's own customization menu to allow complete control of what background and text is displayed.

The theme engine has it's own online market, which features hundreds of themes ready for download. There are both paid and free themes, and a lot of them are simply stunning.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-11-39.png

Now, I could write paragraphs alone about all the neat things you get by flipping themes in MIUI, but I've got a lot more ground to cover, so rest assured it's pretty badass.

Phone/Contacts:

While the dialer, contacts, and director apps all have separate icons, they all function as one app. It looks simple on the surface, but is actually very powerful.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-08-57.png

The dialer features T9 lookup, and because this is a Sense-based ROM, it also allows some EPST codes.

Contacts can either be stored locally, in an Xiaomi account, as a Google contact, or as an outlook or email contact.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-09-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-09-27.png

The dialer has features to merge duplicate contacts, blacklist by number or name, import/export of contacts, and auto organization. It allows support for HD/fullscreen contact images, auto-creates "favorite" contacts based on frequently used numbers, and will even generate a text-based image if a number has a stored name but no image.

And as a neat little weird aside, you can also change the dialer tone to piano notes. Not especially useful, but very fun.

SMS/Messaging:

The SMS app is fairly straightforward, but also offers a few unique features for a "stock" messaging app.

As was mentioned previously, if using an Xiaomi account, MIUI supports cloud messaging, similarly to how Google Voice or Hangouts works. In addition to sending messages over Wifi, you can choose to have everything backed up to your midrive, which you can then review online.

The messaging app supports group messaging, delivery report requests/notifications, lockscreen/status bar preview of messages, and quick contacts when selecting recipients. You can also send quick responses, messages timed to send at a specific time, and automatically take messages from service providers and roll it up into one message.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-10.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-09-53.png

Additionally, one of my favorite features is the message popup function. When a text is received, a floating window will appear and you can respond to the text without having to stop what you're doing.

6cbfd3de-0141-4d49-8da5-b7672990626e.png

Music:

The music app is both beautiful and powerful. The onboard media scanner will automatically find and index all music files on the SD Card, and you customize a filesize for tracks to ignore as songs.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-12-05.png

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-12-08.png

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-12-18.png

The is also an online lyric lookup feature, and a whole online section where you can listen to mostly chinese music...but there's also a neat FM thing that I've never used.

The player has it's own widget, as well as native display for now playing songs in the status bar and lockscreen. I think there's a visualizer too.

Clock, Compass, Calculator, Sound Recorder, and Notes Apps:

Not to detract from some more incredibly beautiful MIUI Apps, I'm going to provide a few screenshots and a brief description of each app, as they're all fairly straightforward.

The clock features four sections - alarms, stopwatch, timer and time. Alarms can be set as needed, and can either repeat or be once-only, or only go off on specific days. You know...like an alarm. Stopwatch is a stopwatch, timer is a timer, and in the time section you can specify any number of time zones to display the current time of.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-39.png

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-42.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-45.png

The compass displays magnetic north and the current latitude longitude.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-11-17.png

The calculator has both basic and scientific functions, with the scientific section featuring the most commonly used algebraic symbols and functions.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-58.png

The sound recorder does just that...records stuff. Very simple, yet pretty.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-10-51.png

The notes app is used to create notes which can have attached photos or video, and can also be set to open with an alarm. You can also "stick" the notes to the desktop using a widget app.

Screenshot_2014-01-07-10-12-36.png

Okay, uploading. It will be here when done.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0OpOqUNqeKka0xJSVRjSzBTclk&usp=sharing

So, not sure if LTE is gonna work or not. You may get no signal when connected to LTE...if that happens, switch to CDMA and you should be fine.

I can verify that data settings should stick on reboot, and that you should have APN's listed now. You may need to do *#*#4636#*#* in phone and pick LTE/CDMA(Auto PRL) ONCE on first boot, but after that, data should stick. I'd recommend going into mobile networks in settings and only selecting the bottom option (AUTO) for CDMA there. It should then choose which network to connect to, and potentially, give LTE.

MMS works on CDMA for sure, as well as SMS and outgoing voice calls. I doubt incoming will be an issue anymore, but just for the record, I've not tested it.

Uh...what else? Ah.

First trial run of the new aroma hotness. Still got some kinks to work out with the extra and base packages, but as a regular installer, it works. No need to wipe data, as you get the option in installer.

So, it should be in the shared folder shortly. MIUI_3.12.20_DH_M7SPR_FULL.zip. Future releases will always follow that naming convention, with the last bit designating what's what. FULL is a full package. BASE is an update and should always be flased on top fo the latest package. XTRA will be all the goodies I've got laid out - once we get LTE working for sure. But for now, if you have one of my BASE packages on your SD card, select "no" in the install prompt. I'll be working in version checking to ensure that you can't flash a base file older than the system revision if full package...but that's after I get the base stuff going.

And now I'm going to go take a nap. I'm tired. :cool:
    Guys, my apologies, but even though I'd like to release this, I've been asked by MIUI not to until beta testing is over. I don't want to risk losing my download abilities. I will remove the link from the OP and close this thread for now. If the mods see fit to leave it, by all means. If it needs to be deleted, I understand. Thanks for your interest, and I assure you that I will be using this time to fix and improve every aspect I can of the MIUI experience.

Again, sorry.
    Well...I may or may not have gotten a copy of the leaked V6 ROM, and I may or may not have already begun trying to port it...and may or may not have already gotten to boot screen with logcat working...