Scrolling smoothness

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Some phones exhibit choppy scrolling, especially when navigating long web pages when multiple apps are running in the background. Rate this thread to express how you smooth scrolling feels on the OnePlus 7 Pro under such conditions. A higher rating indicates that scrolling is always buttery smooth, even when you're reading a 10,000 word article on "how to kiss a girl".

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

wfe82

Sep 26, 2015
For those who have a pixel 3 XL and this phone, has the Oneplus 7 Pro reached the fluidity and smoothness levels of Pixel? I know in the past, Oneplus phones have had problems with stuttery scrolling or just not being as smooth as Pixel phones. Is this different with the 7 pro bc of the 90 hz display? Specifically is there an improvement in profile gpu rendering?

ItzMar

Nov 14, 2012
I came to this phone from a Razer phone which had a 120hz variable screen.

This screen is great! Best of both worlds, smoothness of 90hz and coloura and brightness of OLED.

Reactions: drziddo

marevic

Nov 5, 2018
It's been the smoothest phone I've seen honestly.

I currently have Pixel 3XL, Samsung s10+ and OnePlus 7 Pro. This 90 refresh rate works wonders.

C.C.G.G

Sep 28, 2014
It's been the smoothest phone I've seen honestly.

I currently have Pixel 3XL, Samsung s10+ and OnePlus 7 Pro. This 90 refresh rate works wonders.
Which one do you prefer? Do you think that it will be worth it wait for the pixel 4? I've got a note 9.

Thanks

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

jetfire245

Sep 7, 2013
Tampa
Easily the smoothest phone I've seen, even compared to the mighty S10. Oxygen OS is seemingly a great version of Android that I'm loving.

dynamikd

Oct 19, 2008
I've owned every Pixel phone out and this is my first OnePlus device. Honestly, I'd say that OnePlus knocked the stock android experience out of the park. It's as smooth as my Pixel 3 XL, but with 8gb of RAM, there is no stutter or delay. Even when having multiple apps open in the background, then opening the camera to snap a quick photo. I've had my Pixel 3XL straight up take around 8 to 12 seconds to open up the camera app when I attempted to either take a photo or record a video. One time, I had actually started recording a video of a friends surprise birthday party and the video was around 20 seconds in when the camera app just decided to closed out completely, while I was recording, and when I opened it back up, it never saved the video. Needless to say I was pissed. The the overall OS is better than the Pixel. You have native screen recording, scrolling screenshot (something Google claimed could not be implemented in Android Q so it would be put in Android R), and extreme customization options. Honestly the ONLY things that I miss from my Pixel 3 XL are the camera, the smart replies, and the dark themed Google App on the left home screen. the camera alone, is the reason why I keep my P3XL in my work bag. Also, since my OnePlus is the T-Mobile variant, I even have "Chat" functionality in the stock messages app, something that I'm still waiting for to roll out to my Pixel device.

Walhalla

Jul 5, 2008
totally. This 90 Hz screen wipes the floor with my Pixel 3 its insane. The experience is way smoother than on a Pixel.

DonKilluminati23

Nov 2, 2012
OnePlus 11
I've owned every Pixel phone out and this is my first OnePlus device. Honestly, I'd say that OnePlus knocked the stock android experience out of the park. It's as smooth as my Pixel 3 XL, but with 8gb of RAM, there is no stutter or delay. Even when having multiple apps open in the background, then opening the camera to snap a quick photo. I've had my Pixel 3XL straight up take around 8 to 12 seconds to open up the camera app when I attempted to either take a photo or record a video. One time, I had actually started recording a video of a friends surprise birthday party and the video was around 20 seconds in when the camera app just decided to closed out completely, while I was recording, and when I opened it back up, it never saved the video. Needless to say I was pissed. The the overall OS is better than the Pixel. You have native screen recording, scrolling screenshot (something Google claimed could not be implemented in Android Q so it would be put in Android R), and extreme customization options. Honestly the ONLY things that I miss from my Pixel 3 XL are the camera, the smart replies, and the dark themed Google App on the left home screen. the camera alone, is the reason why I keep my P3XL in my work bag. Also, since my OnePlus is the T-Mobile variant, I even have "Chat" functionality in the stock messages app, something that I'm still waiting for to roll out to my Pixel device.
You can get the dark Google app to the left back with rootless Launcher from the play store, just install the "bridge.apk" from the description and then enable the settings by long pressing on the home screen and opening "home settings"

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

lkhafra

Aug 25, 2009
Columbus
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I've had all Pixel and OnePlus phones over the last few years. Let's not forget the Pixel is beast when it works right witch I'll say for me has been just part time. As for OnePlus I haven't had that problem. I've always regretted giving up my OnePlus phone when the Pixel comes out. I can't say the same for going to OnePlus. I have to be fair and say that Pixel camera though? when it works right

Oops I forgot I didn't own the Oneplus 5 or 5T. I also didn't own the smaller Pi El devices just the XLs

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

For those who have a pixel 3 XL and this phone, has the Oneplus 7 Pro reached the fluidity and smoothness levels of Pixel? I know in the past, Oneplus phones have had problems with stuttery scrolling or just not being as smooth as Pixel phones. Is this different with the 7 pro bc of the 90 hz display? Specifically is there an improvement in profile gpu rendering?

In my experience OnePlus phones have kept their performance way past the Pixel phones. Hardware has held up great compared. I can't tell you the frustrations I've had with bugs and returning phones. If you read up in many forums you'll see what I'm talking about. OnePlus lack of a great camera pales in comparison to my frustrations with the Pixel series. I have no brand loyalty either by the way. I've had most flagships including iPhones. Shoot I have the iPad pro and sold my XS Max and Pixel 3 XL recently.

Last edited:

Walhalla

Jul 5, 2008
@Reuben_skelz92
yeah, the newer soc probably helps, but I think the 90 Hz screen contributes the most to the buttery smooth scrolling experience. I hope there are more devices in the future with this refresh rate and that they are soon be able to build smaller screens with this tech.

@lkhafra
yep, the camera is also my last issue with that device. Thanks god / the devs that there is a modded GCam :D

lkhafra

Aug 25, 2009
Columbus
Google Pixel 6 Pro
@Reuben_skelz92
yeah, the newer soc probably helps, but I think the 90 Hz screen contributes the most to the buttery smooth scrolling experience. I hope there are more devices in the future with this refresh rate and that they are soon be able to build smaller screens with this tech.

Without the 90Hz i Take it over the #XL or even the 4. Google hasnt shown that their phones are beyond beta projects. I had almost every single phone from them Nexus line- Pixel. as far as I'm concerned Google hardware exists to make other phone manufacturers raise their game.
Hmmm dastest updates but takes forever n a day to address major bugs and to me has more than most others. How can the people that make the OS and do the least modifications be so bad at it. You would think they would run laps around everyone. I think they get a pass in the public because of camera and the fact that reviews go up before these major problems pop up. **** theres been major crap with the cameras going back to the original XL. I.d rather have relaible overall than when it worls right half of the time. It sucks but ill take a crappy camera over that.

Reuben_skelz92

Feb 20, 2016
OPPO Find X5 Pro
@Reuben_skelz92

Without the 90Hz i Take it over the #XL or even the 4. Google hasnt shown that their phones are beyond beta projects. I had almost every single phone from them Nexus line- Pixel. as far as I'm concerned Google hardware exists to make other phone manufacturers raise their game.
Hmmm dastest updates but takes forever n a day to address major bugs and to me has more than most others. How can the people that make the OS and do the least modifications be so bad at it. You would think they would run laps around everyone. I think they get a pass in the public because of camera and the fact that reviews go up before these major problems pop up. **** theres been major crap with the cameras going back to the original XL. I.d rather have relaible overall than when it worls right half of the time. It sucks but ill take a crappy camera over that.

Well I've never had may problems with pixels. Had every generation at some point... along with many other phones. It's more than just a good camera. Pixels always been very reliable phones for me. So what your saying isn't true for the majority of people. I'm not bashing anyone or anything as I'm now on the op 7 pro. Mainly for the better battery life

lkhafra

Aug 25, 2009
Columbus
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well I've never had may problems with pixels. Had every generation at some point... along with many other phones. It's more than just a good camera. Pixels always been very reliable phones for me. So what your saying isn't true for the majority of people. I'm not bashing anyone or anything as I'm now on the op 7 pro. Mainly for the better battery life

I wish I could say the same. I know it's not everyone but to me it's enough people and I've been knee deep in tech before the smartphone boom. You see this from so many people like me and the YouTubers/tech people so many tune into. You don't get a rep for no reason. I never thought I'd be so accepting of a crappy ass camera having 4 kids. Google hasn't given me reason enough to stick with them after a decade of support. I think OnePlus will fix their cameras before Google gets a clue. We will see. I've had over 60 flagships and don't want to keep switching anymore.

As the people who make the os for everyone their phones should be leaps and bounds better in reliability software wise. Hell as big as Google is they need to get hardware problems in wraps too. These aren't the old Nexus days.

Last edited:

Reuben_skelz92

Feb 20, 2016
OPPO Find X5 Pro
I wish I could say the same. I know it's not everyone but to me it's enough people and I've been knee deep in tech before the smartphone boom. You see this from so many people like me and the YouTubers/tech people so many tune into. You don't get a rep for no reason. I never thought I'd be so accepting of a crappy ass camera having 4 kids. Google hasn't given me reason enough to stick with them after a decade of support. I think OnePlus will fix their cameras before Google gets a clue. We will see. I've had over 60 flagships and don't want to keep switching anymore.

As the people who make the os for everyone their phones should be leaps and bounds better in reliability software wise. Hell as big as Google is they need to get hardware problems in wraps too. These aren't the old Nexus days.
We all have our own opinions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What planet you from
    Hey, i mean, everyone is hyping about butter smooth scrolling. Butter smooth for me means 'flawless'. And that's veeeery far from flawless. I'm just being open and honest.
    Still as smooth as silk! Impressive device
    Honestly I don't believe anything is this smooth except new born babies
    It's iOS smooth.

3 years ago I traded my iPhone 6s in for a 3T. While I loved the speed of the 3T, the ability to customize and tweak, custom fonts, custom icon packs, widgets galore, just superior in every aspect barring one! It didn't have the fluidity and smoothness of the 6s. It wasn't an almighty difference, just slight and noticeable.

Was it a deal breaker? Nope. I went on from the 3T to 5/5T/6 and now, for the last couple of months, the 7Pro.

That minute difference in fluidity and smoothness is no longer. I now compare the user experience to what I experience on my 120hz iPad Pro and the 7Pro is simply amazing! It is, by some margin, the most unique user experience I have ever experienced on a smart device.

It is an amazing device, with top end features, an absolute pleasure to use!!

If I had one wish it would be that OP ventured into the tablet market rather than smart TV's. I'd jump on it in a flash!! 855+ Snapdragon, 512gb rom/12gb ram, 11" QHD bezel less screen, 93% screen to body ratio, 320ppi, Android 10, 16MP front facing retractable camera, Gorilla glass 6 back and front, 90hz screen, dual speakers, dual sim card, 5G, 48MP main camera, 9000 mAh battery, all for around $850. Dammmmnnnnnn......
    I came to this phone from a Razer phone which had a 120hz variable screen.

This screen is great! Best of both worlds, smoothness of 90hz and coloura and brightness of OLED.