dbrand new grip case SUCKS!

Search This thread
Just in case the other thread was not being followed much , I wanted to make it real clear.

I have bought 6 dollar cases off of Amazon that are better than this hot mess

Cut outs too small for the headphone Jack
Cut outs too small for the spen
Buttons are garbage , very stiff and lacking a good click
Corners are thin with little protection
Back cutouts block the fingerprint reader and interfere with its operation (about 70% it doesn't recognize my finger, no problems with the other cases I have)
The case itself is not grippy THE VERY FREAKING THING IT IS NAMED FOR.It slides allover when put on a flat surface,unlike the original grip case.
It has a back?? That you are supposed to put skins on??
The sides block the edge and mess with the edge screen functions

I could probably go on , but it's no longer worth it, dbrand should be ****ing embarrassed by this disaster, and I would no recommend this case to anyone.

D

Deleted member 7436581

Not surprised. What a mess. They delay and delay and delay and remain SILENT on this new product of theirs that they had to have spend a lot of money on when you consider the video ad they made and they delivered (finally) what?

If you can do a video review, please do so. Thanks for the update.

Ariac Konrel

Dec 13, 2014
Mesa
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I was very disappointed by it. Specific to the Note 9, the cutouts for the S-Pen and fingerprint sensor.
Overall, I prefer the Grip V1. It had actual GRIP and I enjoyed the bumper style case more. The hard plastic felt cheap.
About the only things I see as a plus is that the buttons are textured and the case will probably not degrade horribly like the first Grip.

Half Man Half Biscuit

Mar 4, 2012
I messaged them on Sunday to tell them how f***** bad the case is plus some other stuff,guess what?
Never replied back,usually they reply in like 4-6h everytime!
Also told them to post my comment about GRIP on Twitter like they usually do lol

What a loser company,f**** up and can't even admit it!
But lets post how we told/wrote customer's "**** off BIATCH!" on Twitter...that's cool,right?!
Suddenly after the GRIP thing settled a little how they're active on Twitter,roasting/savaging/humiliating people (per fanboys ofc) smfh

Already lost money on this **** and now I ain't losing private time taking or making photos/video's!

Plus I threw it in the garbage after 10ish min,it's bad like seriously bad...even if I wanted I couldn't help you bud

Hahaha I did the same thing. I was so pissed off , it went in the trash about 20 minutes after I opened it.

Sent from my Samsung SM-N960U1 using XDA Labs

Half Man Half Biscuit

Mar 4, 2012

Lol was a ****ty read in all honesty!
He basically said it's **** but found what that you can buy for 5$ a skin and put it on,ohhh but you'll have to buy the case for 30something dollars. That's his good?!

Plus he never mentioned anything about the S-Pen issue that you either need to use a sharp object or your smallest finger to kinda press in to get the pen to pop out (same goes for putying the pen back in).Not grippy,hmmmm most important thing isn't good at all,it's garbage.
Button clickability isn't good is f***** horrible,OHHHHHHHH and you don't get used to the fingerprint sensor issue,period! Way to much raised,you literally have to press but press pretty hard in order for your finger to touch the sensor. You do not get used to that.

BUT hey you can buy and apply a skin,that's the good thing. Def would recommend after the review.

p.s. Wrote them a nice juicy message but after 5 days they never replied,basically took our money and f*** off!
Normally they'll answer to anything in 4-6h,this time no word.

aryan.arora180

Jun 5, 2016
Eagan
Lol was a ****ty read in all honesty!
He basically said it's **** but found what that you can buy for 5$ a skin and put it on,ohhh but you'll have to buy the case for 30something dollars. That's his good?!

Plus he never mentioned anything about the S-Pen issue that you either need to use a sharp object or your smallest finger to kinda press in to get the pen to pop out (same goes for putying the pen back in).Not grippy,hmmmm most important thing isn't good at all,it's garbage.
Button clickability isn't good is f***** horrible,OHHHHHHHH and you don't get used to the fingerprint sensor issue,period! Way to much raised,you literally have to press but press pretty hard in order for your finger to touch the sensor. You do not get used to that.

BUT hey you can buy and apply a skin,that's the good thing. Def would recommend after the review.

p.s. Wrote them a nice juicy message but after 5 days they never replied,basically took our money and f*** off!
Normally they'll answer to anything in 4-6h,this time no word.
Not taking dbrand's side here at all (I hate the case too), but these statements have been made: "You can tell that I’m not happy with the case," "I really like the design and the fact that I can customize it with dbrand’s skins," and "a case I don’t like using every day and thus, I’d highly recommend looking for something else." So the review says that the customizability is the only good side, but everything else is a downside. The S-pen issue hasn't been mentioned because it was a OnePlus 6 and not a Note 9. The review does not recommend the case, unlike what you're saying.
To be honest, though, the power button did get less stiff after continued use of about a week and I got used to the fingerprint scanner issue. Maybe it's more on the Note 9, but it wasn't for my OnePlus 6.
I'm not going against you here; I'm on your side. The Grip (and Prism, for that matter) are both ****ty products. But the review is pretty on point with what everyone's saying.

I've also sent multiple emails to dbrand and they're letting me return it. However, the return process is stupid and just makes you not wanna do it. So just like you, even I'm not happy. Just wanted to make that clear.

Half Man Half Biscuit

Mar 4, 2012
Not taking dbrand's side here at all (I hate the case too), but these statements have been made: "You can tell that I’m not happy with the case," "I really like the design and the fact that I can customize it with dbrand’s skins," and "a case I don’t like using every day and thus, I’d highly recommend looking for something else." So the review says that the customizability is the only good side, but everything else is a downside. The S-pen issue hasn't been mentioned because it was a OnePlus 6 and not a Note 9. The review does not recommend the case, unlike what you're saying.
To be honest, though, the power button did get less stiff after continued use of about a week and I got used to the fingerprint scanner issue. Maybe it's more on the Note 9, but it wasn't for my OnePlus 6.
I'm not going against you here; I'm on your side. The Grip (and Prism, for that matter) are both ****ty products. But the review is pretty on point with what everyone's saying.

I've also sent multiple emails to dbrand and they're letting me return it. However, the return process is stupid and just makes you not wanna do it. So just like you, even I'm not happy. Just wanted to make that clear.

You're right!

Didn't see it was for the OnePlus 6,kinda went with Note 9 since it's on this thread,smh my bad should've looked at it properly!

Makes sense now...

Prime example of a company becoming to arrogant regarding it's customer's. You see they wanted to rip us off with a ****ty product. Probably thought we got a **** ton of fanboys whatever you bring out it'll be good enough for them! This whole GRIP thing was a farce, utter disaster... that's why they're so quite about it all,trying to put it under the rug and get moving again without losing to much customer's.
Yet whatever they Twitt it's so amazingly cool,best company ever etc...I guess as long as there are sheep companies will make millions of off people!

Reactions: aryan.arora180

aryan.arora180

Jun 5, 2016
Eagan
You're right!

Didn't see it was for the OnePlus 6,kinda went with Note 9 since it's on this thread,smh my bad should've looked at it properly!

Makes sense now...

Prime example of a company becoming to arrogant regarding it's customer's. You see they wanted to rip us off with a ****ty product. Probably thought we got a **** ton of fanboys whatever you bring out it'll be good enough for them! This whole GRIP thing was a farce, utter disaster... that's why they're so quite about it all,trying to put it under the rug and get moving again without losing to much customer's.
Yet whatever they Twitt it's so amazingly cool,best company ever etc...I guess as long as there are sheep companies will make millions of off people!
Man, you're sooo right! Not gonna lie, I used to be a fanboy too, but oh, how that's changed.
They go around showing how "awesome" their customer service is but it's actually so ****. Despite being the second iteration of their phone case, they haven't even gotten the basics right. It basically proves that they're extracting money from fanboys. And believe it or not, some fanboys are actually like the case!
To make things worse, I got the Prism and that was **** too. Literally cut my finger.
I'm sticking to them to get my money worth, but that's so not happening.

Half Man Half Biscuit

Mar 4, 2012
Man, you're sooo right! Not gonna lie, I used to be a fanboy too, but oh, how that's changed.
They go around showing how "awesome" their customer service is but it's actually so ****. Despite being the second iteration of their phone case, they haven't even gotten the basics right. It basically proves that they're extracting money from fanboys. And believe it or not, some fanboys are actually like the case!
To make things worse, I got the Prism and that was **** too. Literally cut my finger.

In all honesty,since when was anything "Made in China" good/great?!

Only that shows you they never intended to make a good product,I'm even asking myself now is the GRIP actually made out of the material they are saying it's made of?
Think about this for a second...

You get lets say 100,000 orders

-People need to be payed (costs money)
-Material,template etc...(costs money)
-Put on a skid and shipped (costs money)
-F*** up needs to be remade (maybe they didn't, who knows) (costs new money)
-Customs clearance (costs money government wants some of it to)
-**** up,everyone gets 10$ Amazon gift card (costs money)

Fast run through of the costs/steps to make it and plus 10$ for Amazon. Imagine now how cheap the material and everything has to be for them to make still money out of the GRIPs if you're selling it for 30$ minus the 10$ Amazon?!
These cases couldn't have cost more the a couple of bucks at most per case!

Cheap ass cases,nothing else.Which shows you can't deny it.

p.s. Don't lie buddy,PRISM is dope as f***...didn't you see the guy hammering against his IPhone and PRISM saved his phone??? Smh don't talk **** about the screen protectors

p.s.2 Joke...ofc it's also **** like GRIP

Last edited:
Reactions: aryan.arora180

aryan.arora180

Jun 5, 2016
Eagan
In all honesty,since when was anything "Made in China" good/great?!

Only that shows you they never intended to make a good product,I'm even asking myself now is the GRIP actually made out of the material they are saying it's made of?
Think about this for a second...

You get lets say 100,000 orders

-People need to be payed (costs money)
-Material,template etc...(costs money)
-Put on a skid and shipped (costs money)
-F*** up needs to be remade (maybe they didn't, who knows) (costs new money)
-Customs clearance (costs money government wants some of it to)
-**** up,everyone gets 10$ Amazon gift card (costs money)

Fast run through of the costs/steps to make it and plus 10$ for Amazon. Imagine now how cheap the material and everything has to be for them to make still money out of the GRIPs if you're selling it for 30$ minus the 10$ Amazon?!
These cases couldn't have cost more the a couple of bucks at most per case!

Cheap ass cases,nothing else.Which shows you can't deny it.

p.s. Don't lie buddy,PRISM is dope as f***...didn't you see the guy hammering against his IPhone and PRISM saved his phone??? Smh don't talk **** about the screen protectors

p.s.2 Joke...ofc it's also **** like GRIP
You're right. Now that you've said it this way, if you check the customs invoice, you can see that dbrand has declared the value of the Grip to be $7. I'm actually now convinced it's even cheaper since they can't just go around giving $10 gift cards on a $30 product. That makes it $20 and they still have to do everything else you said. Nope. Impossible unless it's actually like $2 or something lol.

D

Deleted member 7436581

This thing is totally not worth its price. I'm still using the Spigen Tough Armor. Just enough thickness, the best buttons, very low price.

Half Man Half Biscuit

Mar 4, 2012
Honestly I can't believe the hype about a company that basically draws some random bs on a sticky notes,insults customer's (tho I'm ok with the idiot's that get insulted for stupidity) without any reason?!
I've tried all skins from Dbrand,Slickwraps etc...pretty much the same s**t more or less!

Shows pretty much how easy it is to market something,you'd think it's 2019 and people are smarter but guess not,ehhhhh?

This GRIP thing should've been there end...we all f*** up no issue with that,but they literally historically f****ed up and now are acting after 2 months like nothing ever happened?
Basically just shoved it under the rug...Now they started posting random posts again that only support and a...lick them, people act like they never f***d us up?!
I can't wrap my head around how stupid humanity has become,smfh

Last edited:
Honestly I can't believe the hype about a company that basically draws some random bs on a sticky notes,insults customer's (tho I'm ok with the idiot's that get insulted for stupidity) without any reason?!
I've tried all skins from Dbrand,Slickwraps etc...pretty much the same s**t more or less!

Shows pretty much how easy it is to market something,you'd think it's 2019 and people are smarter but guess not,ehhhhh?

This GRIP thing should've been there end...we all f*** up no issue with that,but they literally historically f****ed up and now are acting after 2 months like nothing ever happened?
Basically just shoved it under the rug...Now they started posting random posts again that only support and a...lick them, people act like they never f***d us up?!

Well said. It's the same thing I say about housing, cars, smartphone costs, and pretty much anything else that humans buy that are overpriced to high hell. I do not understand why so many people constantly buy buy buy and then don't actually seem to care after the purchase is done, that something isn't working as it should. I guess I can't complain too much though because I just got a $20 check in the mail for Net10 or whatever their name was from like 10+ years ago for a settled lawsuit for them lying about "unlimited data." Lol.

Concerning the cases and such, people seem to have a stigma about cases that cost less than $30 apparently. Especially the overly hyped companies...UAG, I'm looking at you. Sorry but $60 for a case? WHAT?! And people often respond with the usual, "I'm protecting my $1k investment, I'm not going to be using a super cheap case." That's like saying, you want the most expensive car insurance policy all because you bought an expensive car, without actually putting thought into why cheaper insurance might leave you better off! It blows my mind how many people just mindlessly spend extra money on something just because they justified it already, or saw someone else do the exact same thing. Don't get me wrong, UAG(am I typing that right?), makes some really sexy cases, damn they look good and feel good. But they are overpriced man.

Reminds me of the ZeroLemon battery cases, Mophie(YUCK!!!), and the others. What in the actual F is all the extra high pricing for????? And why the heck are so many people going to freaking Best Buy to buy the Mophie battery cases like hotcakes???? LMFAO. Man, human beings are....in need of help when it comes to making sensible purchases.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just in case the other thread was not being followed much , I wanted to make it real clear.

I have bought 6 dollar cases off of Amazon that are better than this hot mess

Cut outs too small for the headphone Jack
    Cut outs too small for the spen
    Buttons are garbage , very stiff and lacking a good click
    Corners are thin with little protection
    Back cutouts block the fingerprint reader and interfere with its operation (about 70% it doesn't recognize my finger, no problems with the other cases I have)
    The case itself is not grippy THE VERY FREAKING THING IT IS NAMED FOR.It slides allover when put on a flat surface,unlike the original grip case.
    It has a back?? That you are supposed to put skins on??
    The sides block the edge and mess with the edge screen functions

I could probably go on , but it's no longer worth it, dbrand should be ****ing embarrassed by this disaster, and I would no recommend this case to anyone.
    You're right!

Makes sense now...

Can anyone post any pictures

Already lost money on this **** and now I ain't losing private time taking or making photos/video's!

Plus I threw it in the garbage after 10ish min,it's bad like seriously bad...even if I wanted I couldn't help you bud
    Was waiting for a video review to show up on YouTube, from the sounds of it, I shouldn't bother...
    Kind of a self-plug, but check this review out: https://www.pixelspot.net/2019/04/09/dbrand-grip-v2-phone-case-review/

Well said. It's the same thing I say about housing, cars, smartphone costs, and pretty much anything else that humans buy that are overpriced to high hell. I do not understand why so many people constantly buy buy buy and then don't actually seem to care after the purchase is done, that something isn't working as it should. I guess I can't complain too much though because I just got a $20 check in the mail for Net10 or whatever their name was from like 10+ years ago for a settled lawsuit for them lying about "unlimited data." Lol.

Concerning the cases and such, people seem to have a stigma about cases that cost less than $30 apparently. Especially the overly hyped companies...UAG, I'm looking at you. Sorry but $60 for a case? WHAT?! And people often respond with the usual, "I'm protecting my $1k investment, I'm not going to be using a super cheap case." That's like saying, you want the most expensive car insurance policy all because you bought an expensive car, without actually putting thought into why cheaper insurance might leave you better off! It blows my mind how many people just mindlessly spend extra money on something just because they justified it already, or saw someone else do the exact same thing. Don't get me wrong, UAG(am I typing that right?), makes some really sexy cases, damn they look good and feel good. But they are overpriced man.

Reminds me of the ZeroLemon battery cases, Mophie(YUCK!!!), and the others. What in the actual F is all the extra high pricing for????? And why the heck are so many people going to freaking Best Buy to buy the Mophie battery cases like hotcakes???? LMFAO. Man, human beings are....in need of help when it comes to making sensible purchases.