[Q]Android Market 3.1.5 update denies many apps (Device not compatible)

Search This thread

PVTD

Oct 2, 2011
Ghent
Hello XDA
First post here, altho am an old XDA searcher hehe.

I just flashed a new ROM, [18.Sep.11][ZIP]★★★★★HyperDroid-CM7-v3.0.1[a2sd][CyanogenMod7 LEO 2.3.5][seader_R5]

Now, the good thing is, I can use my small standard battery pack again as it doesnt drain it that fast.
Bad part is...

As I backed up most off my apps from my previous ROM and imported them here, I cannot update them anymore.
And most apps I wana download just cannot be downloaded because of incompatibility (my behind!)
screenshot-1317591478730.png

Now am stuck with retarded alted apps for twitter, FB and many other apps, or just not using them at all anymore...

It there a workaround for this issue? Maybe downgrade the market (which prob will auto update again...)

I might have seen a post with some one saying "you got to edit some .ini file in your root with a android notepad" but seems like I cant even install a simple Android notepad, so therefore quite anoying...
Edit to that part:
I did manage to get a rooted combination to mod the build.prop file
This is what I changed:

Code:
ro.product.model=HTC Vision	
ro.product.brand=tmobile
ro.product.name=vision
ro.product.device=vision
ro.product.board=vision

ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

But, it did not work...

Thanks in advance, keep the trolling for yourself or your little brother, just share what you think is a fix for this, I will thank you for it.

PVTD

EDIT 2: Current solution is on the 2th post.

Last edited:

PVTD

Oct 2, 2011
Ghent
I did find a fix who takes a bit of work, but I hope to get some one to make a decent full fix for it :)

Here is how I did it:
First, locate the Android Market in your apps list and select it.
You will find a button saying "Uninstall Updates", use it.
Once it's done, open the Android Market, press "I agree" and notice the app will auto close.

Act fast, as the app is downloading the updated market in silent mode.
What you do is open a rooted file explorer. Any should do.
Go to "root/cache/downloaded/ and delete everything inside.

Then it should be done, as that worked for me, tho not sure how long it would take to update again.

Hope this works for you :)

PVTD

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App (It did fool the XDA app xD should be HTC HD2)

Last edited:
Reactions: mcc747 and iFrancis

tmtx76

Sep 13, 2010
The Fix

You'll need Root Explorer

Open Root Explorer
Open the system folder
Long hold on build.prop and choose open in text editor
find the line that says ro.sf.lcd_density=
Change the numbers from 192 to 160
Save the file
Reboot your phone
Go to application management
choose the All tab
find market
choose it and then choose to force stop
then clear your cache
close out of file manager
reopen market place
you should now be able to get to the apps that you couldn't!

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
The rom on my hd2 comes with the new market by default...at first I thought the device incompatible messages were due to my 192dpi but even reverting to 240 it still showed same. Is there another solution?

Droski

Sep 9, 2010
Seattle
Side note--There is an LCD density changing app so you can change on the fly with out having to go through all the file system stuff. Also the LCD density change seems to work for some and not for others, so to me it's a bust.

Now for the market-- The only thing that I have found to work short of altering the market itself, is using the market on my computer and pushing to my phone. This of course is a hassle and requires you to keep track of when updates come out for the apps you have.... But it works. I most recently had this problem with widget locker only seconds before I had it uninstalled it from my phone. Went on the web and pushed it to my phone, boom, installed.

Last edited:

ejebyte

Nov 9, 2011
Changing the LCD density didn't work for me.. :( I just reverted to the old Market app to allow installation of some apps.

chevyboy33

Jul 1, 2010
I had same problem... here's how I fixed it. Change LCD density to default 240, then reboot. Then go to settings-applications-manage apps-market. Under market push clear data. Open market and agree and that worked for me.

I was getting a yellow banner in market that said "your device is not compatible with this item"

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

Y2WU

Nov 15, 2011
I had same problem... here's how I fixed it. Change LCD density to default 240, then reboot. Then go to settings-applications-manage apps-market. Under market push clear data. Open market and agree and that worked for me.

I was getting a yellow banner in market that said "your device is not compatible with this item"

Thanks Chevyboy33,

This worked on my HD2 CM7 build

krzychoo89

Jan 28, 2010

Open Root Explorer
Open the system folder
Save the file
Reboot your phone
choose the All tab
find market
then clear your cache
reopen market place

i dont see "thanks" button but, GREAT THANKS, It's working!!!!

Feb 4, 2008

Just flashed AmeriCanAndroid AOSP HD2 GB2.3.7 CM7.1 and experienced the same problem. This solution also worked for me. I installed all the apps that I weren't able to, then changed back to custom dpi and rebooted again.

Thanks

Kreativist

Jan 30, 2010
unfortunately I am from europe, and its not working for me. I want to use birdiesync and/or myphoneexplorer and both are incompatible. I already wiped the caches and changed lcd-Density but no fortune so far. I use Americandroid and HD2

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2008
unfortunately I am from europe, and its not working for me. I want to use birdiesync and/or myphoneexplorer and both are incompatible. I already wiped the caches and changed lcd-Density but no fortune so far. I use Americandroid and HD2

For americandroid, you need to change the density in startup.txt, then reboot. No need to modify the build.prop file yourself as the change will get overwritten on reboot by whatever is in startup.txt

goldengoose

Dec 29, 2009
Newcastle, NSW

Open Root Explorer
Open the system folder
Save the file
Reboot your phone
choose the All tab
find market
then clear your cache
reopen market place
Thanks, this worked for me, but I changed my res to 240 and removed data rather than cleared the cache. I also installed "DPI Changer" after manually editing the file a few times to make life easier.

Reactions: Uncensored

Uncensored

Apr 1, 2011
uncensored-hosting.com
Thanks, this worked for me, but I changed my res to 240 and removed data rather than cleared the cache. I also installed "DPI Changer" after manually editing the file a few times to make life easier.

Thanks. I have confirmed changing the LCD Density & deleting the Market app data is/was necessary on my rooted Photon 4G. I tested 160, 192, 200, 210, 225 (my original), 240 & 264. Along with app cache, sys cache, & memory dumps for each density. The only thing that worked for me was LCD Density 240, reboot, delete Market app data & system cache.

Immediately after & without rebooting I was prompted for a new agreement in Market & able to install previously incompatible app.

Now I need to figure out how to get Market to register Chomp as an installed app without having to delete & reinstall. It was installed by downloading the apk from their website due to this alleged incompatibility.

Weird thing is Market shows app installed when I search it. However it does not appear in my apps section of Market. Any ideas? Perhaps I should clear the Chomp data too? Lol

Last edited:

privatepile

Jun 20, 2009

Worked perfectly thank you

Spl4tt

wtf. so i need to change lcd densitiy everytime i want to downoad an app?
this sounds definitley ****

srsly, i just flashed the NexusHD2 ICS ROM and not even root explorer is compatible now. then i installed it via a apk from my sd card.

im switching back to GB..

gprash

Aug 16, 2010
Bangalore, India
wtf. so i need to change lcd densitiy everytime i want to downoad an app?
this sounds definitley ****

srsly, i just flashed the NexusHD2 ICS ROM and not even root explorer is compatible now. then i installed it via a apk from my sd card.

im switching back to GB..

Switching back to GB won't solve your problem. This is due to the market app. The pro version of LCD density changer says there is way to spoof the market to think the LCD density is at 240 (which is the one that works). :)

Jedi Magnum

Jun 29, 2010
Switching back to GB won't solve your problem. This is due to the market app. The pro version of LCD density changer says there is way to spoof the market to think the LCD density is at 240 (which is the one that works). :)

Is that actually "LCD Density Modder Pro"?

My density is/was already set at 240.

Ok, I want to make sure I have this correct....

I have to buy an app that fools the Market into thinking I have the density set to the value that it already is?

Before I go to that trouble, I want to verify that the issue is truly with the LDC density and not with the model of the phone? I ask because, even after changing my build.prop to remove all references to HD2, and changing to model to "vision", when I go to settings/about phone it still says my phone is an HTC HD2. (complete steps I took found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23726581#post23726581)

Example: I went to [draw something] Plonga's official site via my phone (after repeatedly verifying the changes to the build.prop, rebooting, and then clearing the data from Google and the Market) and that site still verified that I was using an HTC HD2 and wouldn't let me d/l directly from the site.

shanman-2

Nov 18, 2011
Cork
I used MarketEnabler apk from the market to solve this problem when changing the lcd density did not work. The one that worked for me was vodafone ie . You can get the codes using MarketEnablerCodes apk.(both free apks)

Of course these apks have to be "compatable"..lol.

I back-up a lot and have had these apks for a while..if you need

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Fix

Open Root Explorer
    Open the system folder
    Save the file
    Reboot your phone
    choose the All tab
    find market
    then clear your cache
    reopen market place

I did find a fix who takes a bit of work, but I hope to get some one to make a decent full fix for it :)

Here is how I did it:
    First, locate the Android Market in your apps list and select it.
    You will find a button saying "Uninstall Updates", use it.
    Once it's done, open the Android Market, press "I agree" and notice the app will auto close.

Act fast, as the app is downloading the updated market in silent mode.
    What you do is open a rooted file explorer. Any should do.
    Go to "root/cache/downloaded/ and delete everything inside.

Then it should be done, as that worked for me, tho not sure how long it would take to update again.

Hope this works for you :)

PVTD

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App (It did fool the XDA app xD should be HTC HD2)

Open Root Explorer
    Open the system folder
    Save the file
    Reboot your phone
    choose the All tab
    find market
    then clear your cache
    reopen market place

i dont see "thanks" button but, GREAT THANKS, It's working!!!!

Open Root Explorer
    Open the system folder
    Save the file
    Reboot your phone
    choose the All tab
    find market
    then clear your cache
    reopen market place