{Mod /How to}Remove Wireless Charging Notification 2.04.605.2 710RD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gitku

Dec 12, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Re: [MOD][REQUEST] Remove Sense wireless charging message?

Edit ** dope .. wrong post reply

Last edited:

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
if someone on a deodexed version of our ota and has a wireless charger wants to try this

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15331201/HtcPowerManager.apk

it may or may not remove the charging nag...lmk

Can I asked what was changed? I see what was done.

Nobody testing mine but this is what I did.
Code:
public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent)
    {
        mContext = context;
        String s = intent.getAction();
        if (s != null && s.equals("com.htc.server.batteryservice.action.SHOW_WIRELESS_CHARGING"))
            return;
        else
            return;
    }

Here is mine if anybody wants to test this as well: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48684943&postcount=74 (this is not for viperDNA, just stock sense 5 OTA)

Last edited:
Reactions: xlxcrossing

xlxcrossing

Dec 6, 2009
Soquel, CA
Works. Notification is gone, although screen on and sound still occur. I know we can place an empty sound file to solve that issue but you guys see any code related to the screen turning on? Many thanks

Here's a blank charging sound for those who don't care to hear it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tp4hkek709bbjrz/WirelessChargingStarted.ogg

Just paste into /system/media/audio/ui and set permissions to rw-r--r

Last edited:

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Was talking about his but just tested and yours works too :D Any chance of eliminating the screen on when charging?

I will look into that, didn't realize that occurred as well. Thanks for testing!

The Screen-On I believe is in part with actually plugging in the phone (which also causes it to turn on), so If that is disabled it will cancel it for both.

Last edited:

redadz

Nov 21, 2012
I'm not sure if this thread is only for ViperDNA ROMs or not, so apologies if this is off-topic. But I had good luck with the Wireless Charging Xposed module on NuSenseSIX. It doesn't remove the popup notification though, only the sound. But you might try it in addition to the mod in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a mod that *should* disable wireless charging in the latest verizon update...

***I do not have a charger to test, but this is the same change I did in 1.15 for ViperDNA and it was successful...please make a backup before flashing! You may need to have services signature checking disabled to use this, ask your rom developer to do so***

• changes systemui.apk
    • disables wireless charging popup/notification
    • works on stock deodex or odex

****this will overwrite any other mods you have installed for systemui***

Download

***Feel free to include this in your rom/project, just properly credit, thanks!

For 2.04 Verizon 2/15 OTA
    remove_wc_2.04.zip: link removed til i fix it
    md5:
    For Developers Only!

how to apply this mod to your SystemUI project:

navigate to:

smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusbarPolicy.smali

search for:

Code:
    .method private final showWirelessChargingStatusForVzW

wholesale replace the method with this:

Code:
    .method private final showWirelessChargingStatusForVzW(Landroid/content/Intent;)V
        .locals 1

const/4 v0, 0x0

return v0
    .end method

worked on 1.15 in viperDNA, no guarantees it works correctly in 2.04...some feedback would be helpful :angel:

(these seem like overly simplistic code changes in changing a 600 line method to the above, but should work fine...yes there are other ways to do it)
    Was talking about his but just tested and yours works too :D Any chance of eliminating the screen on when charging?

I will look into that, didn't realize that occurred as well. Thanks for testing!

The Screen-On I believe is in part with actually plugging in the phone (which also causes it to turn on), so If that is disabled it will cancel it for both.
    if someone on a deodexed version of our ota and has a wireless charger wants to try this

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15331201/HtcPowerManager.apk

it may or may not remove the charging nag...lmk
    tell me what the logcat says from the fc, because i pushed the systemui over viperDNA on 1.15 and it doesnt force close

its possible you may need signature checking disabled in services.jar (it is in viper)

I tried disabling signature checking in the services.jar but didn't seem to help. So that means one of two things 1.) I screwed up the services.jar 2.) thats not the problem. Thanks for your help. I'd be happy to post the modified services.jar if you think it would help.