[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY

Search This thread

colt45x

May 7, 2011
Denver
I used this program originally to get passed the 3e recovery so I could flash CWM and then ROMs. I installed a jellybean rom and it worked completely fine, I then used a program from the market to change DPI, bad idea I guess. After it told me to reboot I did, it gets to the boot screen of the rom but won't go passed that, I can't get into recovery or download mode though to use odin again... grrr frikin annoying.

serialteg

Dec 17, 2010
Trujillo Alto
www.facebook.com
This was great, I had to re-plug it into all the USB inputs in my computer about 10 times in order for it to finally work but it REVIVED a Captivate with no phone signal whatsoever, having passed thru other one-clicks and ODIN stock ROM's.

:victory:

bsaelim

Jul 9, 2009
I wonder if this method can be used to recover lost efs (generic IMEI) as other folks have experienced after flashing some jb roms.

Sorry I am new to Captivate.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

rabi347

Oct 8, 2010
I wonder if this method can be used to recover lost efs (generic IMEI) as other folks have experienced after flashing some jb roms.

Sorry I am new to Captivate.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

I have tried almost everything. My phone is still showing the generic IMEI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium

S

-SGA-

I have tried almost everything. My phone is still showing the generic IMEI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium

Are IMEI's something that can be shared? Or do they need to be unique?

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Are IMEI's something that can be shared? Or do they need to be unique?

I suggest you to delete the nv_data.bin and the nv_data.md5 in EFS folder using rootexplorer then rename the .nv_data.bak to nv_data.bin and the .nv_data.md5.bak in nv_data.bin.md5

omario8484

Apr 24, 2012
bay area
I have a small dilemma ...I've used this many times and its worked perfectly .... But I was just using it and it said reset and the att or battery charging screen just keep showing up again and again

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
odin is samsungs software, it is what they use to load the phones in factory and repair. it is not supposed to be in the publics hands, so that is why customer support knows nothing about it.

the link you provided doesnt work.

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

TheBronze

Sep 9, 2008
Drivers:
Windows 64bit
Windows 32bit[/FONT]

I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0w2y31maz8mdom4
http://www.multiupload.com/XAZUYNXSC1[/QUOTE]

Could some one tell me what are those drivers? can`t download them, need win 32 drivers, link does not work. Are those device drivers? do you still need those drivers if you have kies installed?[/QUOTE]

I just grabbed them from here:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...3/SGH-i897_Captivate_USB_Drivers_5_02_0_2.zip

Should stay put for a while. Now if I could only unbrick my wifes phone...

bobcov

Aug 27, 2007
Why does CM10 erase my IMEI and do I need this to restore?

I have two phones, so it's not the end of the world, but it is a pain in the ass. Was there a warning somewhere that I would lose my IMEI by agreeing to have /data wiped when I went from AOKP to CM10? Just seems like an unreasonable outcome. Do I need to copy back in my nv_data.bin and set the persmissions and all of that or is there another way to get my IMEI back into the phone?

MaverickCoast

May 11, 2009
Illinois
I have two phones, so it's not the end of the world, but it is a pain in the ass. Was there a warning somewhere that I would lose my IMEI by agreeing to have /data wiped when I went from AOKP to CM10? Just seems like an unreasonable outcome. Do I need to copy back in my nv_data.bin and set the persmissions and all of that or is there another way to get my IMEI back into the phone?

There's a way to get back your IMEI even though you didn't back it up. There's a thread in the forum that tells you how to do it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BxingFetus

Jan 14, 2011
Calgary

I think everybody here knows they take responsibility for their own devices and what they choose to do with it/them. If you read into some of the aosp/aokp/cm whatever, it is common for your imei to go crazy on those partition schemes.

Sent From the Land of Defrag

matmanchu5

Feb 11, 2011
I realize this imei thing is a touchy subject because
They are specific to each phone and could theoretically be used for wrongdoing but, there must be an easier way, short of, one-clicking back to stock (or sending your phone back to att) to rectify a lost imei/efs folder. I have a cwm flash able zip that is rogers stockk4 gb that I'm hoping might work. Since Odin wont write over my eu bugged data partition, I think this cwm zip may be my only chance at a working phone because all other efforts have yeilded nothing. I haven't flashed it yet because I am loving jb and hoping I can find an easier solution. If your data partition isn't borked by the EU bug this one click should fix you emei problems though. Just wish it could work for me though :(
Sent from my SGH-I897

Last edited:
Reactions: ethan_hines

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: "MASTER CLEAR" WILL WIPE YOUR BUILT-IN STORAGE!
    I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.

What is this?:
    If you see the "phone+!+computer" screen, you need this! If you deleted something you shouldn't have and can't get it back on your phone, this is probably your best bet. This is the Odin3 One-Click Downloader for restoring your phone from a completely software bricked state, or for whatever purpose you see fit to use it for. You don't have to change any settings, it is all pre-packaged and ready to go.

If this has helped you out, please consider buying me a beer!

How to use:

1. Download and install the correct drivers below (mac and linux don't need drivers)
    2. Plug in your usb cable to your phone and computer
    3. Open Odin
    4. Enter Download Mode (see below)
    5. Click Start
    6. Be Patient, the first boot will take a while

How to use Master Clear:

1. Boot your phone up normally with usb debugging on
    2. Click Master Clear

How to enter download mode:
    Method 1:(ADB - from recovery or normally booted with usb debugging on)
    1. Open a cmd prompt/console/shell
    2. adb shell
    3. adb reboot download
    Method 2:(KEY COMBO)
    • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
    Method 3:(KEY COMBO)
    • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold both Volume buttons (from i9000 just down, don't touch the power button)
    • Plug in the USB cable and continue holding both Volume buttons

Drivers:
    Windows 64bit
    Windows 32bit

I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0w2y31maz8mdom4
    http://www.multiupload.com/XAZUYNXSC1

The internal beta's are NOT one-click, please read the linked threads
    UPDATE: I897UCJH2 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here

UPDATE: I897UCJH3 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here
    I uploaded this on my Fileserve account if anyone needs a working link:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/emnCn2j
    Did it stay on "File analysis" for a long time?

if you're getting that, quit and unplug the phone, take out the battery so it's completely dead (and take out the sim card while you're at it)

then put back just the battery and put the phone into download mode (volume down + power)

then run odin and THEN plug in the phone. you have to do it in the right order otherwise it gets stuck on file analysis. go figure.
    Right-clicked the app and chose "Run as administrator"? I can't think of anything else other than to try CP3P0LOL's odin 2.1 package, which is safer anyway, because it includes the 3 button combo fix.

Tried the administrator route... no go. I'll give the other way a shot tomorrow since I've got an early start to the day.

Thanks!
    Your phone is likely not bricked. Get or create a jig to get your phone into download mode.

The rest is easy: running the Odin package in this thread, rooting your phone, and installing CWM are all the steps you need to install CyanogenMod.

The root files and CWM files are attached for when you reach that point. Each should be renamed to update.zip and placed in the SD card root directory of your phone. Reboot into recovery (easiest is via adb reboot recovery but that requires a fair amount of configuration to get working) and select the reinstall packages option both times; root first, then CWM.

You don't need to root first, just use the cwm zip then flash whatever Rom you want, the Rom will be rooted, rooting before installing cwm to simply flash a Rom is like wiping before you poop