DISCONTINUED .: :: Zips Creamed Glacier v4.05 :: :. [DISCONTINUED]

Should Next release have soft Key enabled ?

• Yes, I want soft key enabled!

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • No, I don't need that!

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • I Don't care as long the new release is stable!

Votes: 43 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tjizzle

Dec 7, 2009
houston
try adding this to your build.prop and see what happens:

Define TCP buffer sizes
net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.hsdpa=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960
net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

had a noticable effect speeding things up for me, on any rom

Has anyone tried this procedure? Results?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Bangincrazy

Aug 5, 2010
Schaumburg
Here is my bug report for 4.03. Hope this helps....

1 - every reboot andriod is upgrading apps. This did keep going down but then settled at 103, and has been consistent ever since.
2 - random reboots... Not sure if this is related to number 3 below.
3 - missing sim card issues that others have discussed.
4 - lockups.... The device will lock up and require a battery pull. It is not clear what is causing this, it has happened several times during various work loads.

All of these issues appeared for me in 4.03 and did not happen in 4.02. 4.03 does seem faster then 4.02 and the battery life also seems longer in 4.03 as well.

Thanks for all the roms!!

Prospero

Have to agree with the four issues listed. I've had random reboots with the phone in my pocket and while receiving calls. The phone does lock up as if all the memory was being used, possible memory allocation issue?

paulvp

Mar 28, 2011
Minneapolis
Here is my bug report for 4.03. Hope this helps....

1 - every reboot andriod is upgrading apps. This did keep going down but then settled at 103, and has been consistent ever since.
2 - random reboots... Not sure if this is related to number 3 below.
3 - missing sim card issues that others have discussed.
4 - lockups.... The device will lock up and require a battery pull. It is not clear what is causing this, it has happened several times during various work loads.

All of these issues appeared for me in 4.03 and did not happen in 4.02. 4.03 does seem faster then 4.02 and the battery life also seems longer in 4.03 as well.

Thanks for all the roms!!

Prospero

I'm having the same issues other than the missing sim card issue. Overall very usable though! I skipped from 4.01 to 4.03 so I can't comment on if it's better/worse than 4.02 but I would assume better.

Thanks a ton for the rom Zips, I've been using it for awhile now but finally hit enough posts to post in this thread and say thanks.

zipsnet

Dec 22, 2010
Sunny Florida
FAQ!

Why Do I get: Android is upgrading?

The answer to your question is: Because this ROM is deodexed !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
deodex: easier to tweak, lighter on ram, heavier on space.
odex: easier on space, tougher on tweaking and ram usage.

So are you going to Fix/change it? NO

I posted several Bugs but you haven't fix'em wassup with that?

I'm NOT going to read every single post, from my OP, you should log your bugs/issues @ http://code.google.com/p/zipsnet-ics/issues/list

Thanks

josh2020glacier

Jan 5, 2012
baltimore/md
yo zip good looking on this rom for real GPS works great dumb fast even when your already goin 70 lol. Smooth fast and snappy all that you could want in a rom.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA

Neckhole

Mar 12, 2010
Trackpad Wake

I'm very new to ICS, I just flashed 4.03 for the first time (I'd been using CM 7.x until now). There's one feature that I found immensely helpful that I'm not seeing yet.

That feature was the ability to wake via the Trackpad button. I've dug all around the settings, and I can't seem to find it (although, I did find the volume wake and menu wake settings).

Is there any way to wake the phone via the trackpad with this ROM?

Thanks!

paulvp

Mar 28, 2011
Minneapolis
I'm very new to ICS, I just flashed 4.03 for the first time (I'd been using CM 7.x until now). There's one feature that I found immensely helpful that I'm not seeing yet.

That feature was the ability to wake via the Trackpad button. I've dug all around the settings, and I can't seem to find it (although, I did find the volume wake and menu wake settings).

Is there any way to wake the phone via the trackpad with this ROM?

Thanks!

This has been asked a bunch throughout this thread but as of now the feature is not available.

tinpanalley

Aug 20, 2008
Quebec City
Just had a crash and reboot during a phone conversation and when it started up again it got a SIM card issue and crashed and rebooted again. Shame, I'll have to uninstall. I use this phone for business and I love the ROM but I can't have that happening during a call. Sucks I can't keep it. :(

Last edited:

Hinouchi

Nov 10, 2010
Toronto
Just had a crash and reboot during a phone conversation and when it started up again it got a SIM card issue and crashed and rebooted again. Shame, I'll have to uninstall. I use this phone for business and I love the ROM but I can't have that happening during a call. Sucks I can't keep it. :(

Why would you even risk your Business line like that ...

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
dang, my camera was working fine for a few days now it just crashes on launch. I wiped cache and fixed permissions and it still crashes. anyone else have this issue?

edit, that was weird. I opened instagram to use the camera in the app and took a photo, then reopened my camera and it works again. that was weird. I rebooted like 5 times and it was still crashing until I used instagram cam.

Last edited:

Jan 12, 2010
dang, my camera was working fine for a few days now it just crashes on launch. I wiped cache and fixed permissions and it still crashes. anyone else have this issue?

Did you clear the camera data? Usually that works

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Reactions: smirkis

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009

Try elginsk8r's straight CM9. Only ROM I've been able to use without the random lockups and reboots. Made a 45 minute call this morning and listened to 45 minutes of music at the gym at lunch without a hitch.

I

I2IEAILiiTY

I'm getting 3-4 random reboots a day. This is the first time I get annoyed with reboots :\

Ditto. But not the first time I get annoyed. :)
Removing it now.

You two are so discouraging, if you're going to post about uninstalling a ROM in it's own thread, at least say why and be more specific, like what were you doing at the time of the reboots and if you installed any mods, kernels and etc.
Don't make a joke out of it, sorta disrespectful you know?

tinpanalley

Aug 20, 2008
Quebec City
You two are so discouraging, if you're going to post about uninstalling a ROM in it's own thread, at least say why and be more specific, like what were you doing at the time of the reboots and if you installed any mods, kernels and etc.
Don't make a joke out of it, sorta disrespectful you know?
Whoa.. ok. Sorry, didn't mean any disrespect whatsoever. Plus, all my comments are continuations of things I already mentioned. If nobody else needs to be policed for completely random and out of nowhere comments, I don't see why I can't be given a little leeway for a comment made as an addition to an already occurring conversation. Pop into the middle of any thread for any ROM and you'll see messages, mid-conversation that don't feel the need to remind everyone exactly what they're talking about.
Besides, I even went further and expressed that I found it a shame that it wasn't working for me. I wasn't trying to offend anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    forum-banner.jpg

CURRENT VERSION 4.05

I DO NOT LONGER HAVE A GLACIER, MY DAUGHTER PUT MY PHONE IN THE TOILET AND IT WON'T TURN ON ANYMORE, IF ANYONE UPGRADING IS WILLING TO DONATE OR SELL HIS PHONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN CONTINUE DEVELOPING FOR THE HTC GLACIER

RIGHT NOW I'M CAN'T TEST THE BUILD, PLEASE REPORT ANY FINDING

We are now using AROMA INSTALLER, please take your time to get familiar with the Installer

HOW TO INSTALL
    Backup All your Apps.
    Format /data and /cache
    Install ROM (aroma installer, no apps included)

Version 4.05

I WAS NOT ABLE TO TEST IN FULL THIS ROM I DON'T KNOW WHAT WORKS OR DOESN'T WORK

Version 4.05
    • Camera Force preview ON/OFF (Default OFF) <- You Need to turn this ON
    • Camera select picture from raw/jpeg
    • Camera Power shutter ON/OFF
    • Camera Sounds (Disable option Under Device / Sounds)
    • Reorganized Settings Menu
    • Zips Control only by Settings menu
    • Fixed Wall Paper LockScreen
    • Fixed Custom Icon LockScreen
    • Added LockScreen Calendar
    • Added LockScreen Weather
    • Trackpad Working
    • Fix for Medscape Application
    • Games running smoothly (Temple run, Angry Birds, etc)
    • Weather in notification bar
    • Different circle mod battery icon
    • Removed ZipsControl Backup / Restore

What Works
    • Camera working
    • New Audio Drivers
    • New Adreno Grafics Lib
    • SMS/MMS
    • GPS/ Maps Navigation
    • Sound
    • Calling
    • Touchscreen
    • 3G/4G Connectivity/Indicator
    • Gmail sync
    • Google Music
    • Calendar sync
    • Facebook sync
    • All sensors
    • Bluetooth
    • Headphones
    • Google Contacts Backup/Restore
    • Wi-Fi tether
    • Data usage tracker
    • Video streaming and playback
    • Genius Button
    • Full 3D HW acceleration

Etc, etc, etc

NOT WORKING

• WIFI Calling
    • Video Camera (Recording)

YOU TELL ME !!

This ROM was made for personal use , but since Febycy is not longer maintaining Creamed Glacier, I have decided to step up and keep up with his legacy.

I'll be updating the ROM and patches, Wednesday of each week, unless something special arise so please be patience!

NOTE: I do this for free, I'm not here for fame nor donations, If you don't like to wait (few days) for a fix or you want things done NOW, you are more than welcome to use any other ROM and I spect you to treat me and my work with respect, same as others in this Thread,

Thanks to Febycv, LorD ClockaN, twistedumbrella, aospx, AOKP, blackwing182 and firesnatch.

Special Thanks to Kontagious for the Banner,Icons and Splash Images

and I2IEAILiiTY for all the Testing and help provided
    :)

I hope you Enjoy my work!

-Zips

Project Home: http://www.zipsnet.mobi/

Report Issues: http://code.google.com/p/zipsnet-ics/issues/list

Low MIC Fix

I've finally managed to fix wired headset Low MIC issue, hooray!

Low MIC Fix includes:
    Handset Fix
    Headset Fix
    DualMic Fix

This fix should work for any ICS powered Roms and kernels for HTC Glacier/HTC Panache, probably will work for HTC Ace and HTC Vision too.
    The update is coming, just having some personal issues that I have to take care first and to be honest, yes I do have the HTC ONE S, but I will keep updating this ROM. I won't go away.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Zips Glacier ------ DISCONTINUED ------------

Sorry Guys, but not having a Phone where to test builds, is pretty difficult for me to continue helping the community, I'll be around just in case.

Thanks

-Zips

family is first take your time :).

i can help you for that patches if you dont have time just hit me op ok

regads

Thanks,

I'm getting ready now to release new update (few days), it will bring a lot of surprises ! :D

-Z