cwm-5.0.2.7-epic4g.tar.md5

Search This thread

locomariachi

Jun 8, 2009
Link looks borked in the whole thing and I want to know if anyone has this file handy and can link me so i can get to rooting my phone again. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!

c601999

Aug 19, 2012
Dark City
anyone still following this post?

I've been trying to get the cwm file, but the original thread downloads something else entirely. the zip file is named correctly, but there is nothing but a "recovery.bin" file name and in the file type description in says "VLC media..."

I'm not the only one with this problem. Could someone please follow up on this? Thanks

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
I've been trying to get the cwm file, but the original thread downloads something else entirely. the zip file is named correctly, but there is nothing but a "recovery.bin" file name and in the file type description in says "VLC media..."

I'm not the only one with this problem. Could someone please follow up on this? Thanks
Just put it in Odin/flash in CWM depending on which you picked. If you Odin, I think you have to put the recovery.bin in the Phone slot, or you can just put the tar in either slot.

c601999

Aug 19, 2012
Dark City
Just put it in Odin/flash in CWM depending on which you picked. If you Odin, I think you have to put the recovery.bin in the Phone slot, or you can just put the tar in either slot.

didnt work. i got the android recovery mode instead of the new one.... tried to do it anyway, but it failed. thanks for responding though.

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
didnt work. i got the android recovery mode instead of the new one.... tried to do it anyway, but it failed. thanks for responding though.
You cant let it boot. Booting reinstalls the android recovery. Maybe, have battery out, then try booting with the 5 finger combo, or uncheck reboot in odin.

c601999

Aug 19, 2012
Dark City
You cant let it boot. Booting reinstalls the android recovery. Maybe, have battery out, then try booting with the 5 finger combo, or uncheck reboot in odin.

reboot was unchecked. did everything from the video except for replacing the cwm step with the .bin per your advice.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

reboot was unchecked. followed video with the exception of the bin file per your instructions.

this probably should have been stated with the first post, but prior to doing all this my phone was rooted with EI22 then did the unroot to FC09....if that matters/helps

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

sorry for the spam. kinda new

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
reboot was unchecked. did everything from the video except for replacing the cwm step with the .bin per your advice.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

reboot was unchecked. followed video with the exception of the bin file per your instructions.

this probably should have been stated with the first post, but prior to doing all this my phone was rooted with EI22 then did the unroot to FC09....if that matters/helps

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

sorry for the spam. kinda new

Hmm maybe just try exactly like the video, perhaps I'm wrong. Worked for me a few days ago.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
.md5 files are not the archive, but the signature to verify your download.

Here are instructions to properly root your phone by flashing clockwork mod via download mode:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Sa...te_Guide#Installing_the_ClockworkMod_Recovery

Then you will want to boot into recovery and install whatever ROM you want from the SD Card using the recovery mode.

Odin tars are .tar.md5 or .tar. its not a signature check, but if flashing that doesn't work, delete .md5.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

c601999

Aug 19, 2012
Dark City

That's the page with the link I was talking about. I download from that link and all I get is the zip file with 'recovery.bin" I'm sure its me, otherwise you guys wouldn't be citing the same link every time.:eek:

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

I got it finally! I dont know why odin wouldnt find the file all those previous attempts, but it did now. Thanks to all of you for your time and efforts

efrainp96

Jun 14, 2013
Im having the same problem

Could you please let me know how you resolved this?

efrainp96

Jun 14, 2013
Hows that?

Just ignore it. Windows is reporting erroneously. Just put it in Odin and flash.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Okay I end up following your advice on putting on the phone slot and not the PDA Odin did its thing I got the green pass message. Did as the instructions said on the YOUTUBE video ,got to the reboot screen after doing the 3 button thing only theres no Clockwork thing poping up just the same old Android system recovery screen 3e
oh and thank you for responding ive been going crazy going through all these instructions im on hour number 5 here
WAIT A Sec ok Im in the SDcard screen went to the FC09-BML File but its not asking me to install it just opens up to the files in it.Was I supposed to install this file as a zip file and not extract it? And if so what do I now which file do I go to?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts