Hangouts MMS?

Search This thread

PhilPan

Anyone using Hangouts and having issues sending MMS? Or using group messaging? My messages keep getting hung up, and will try to resend, and resend, and at time error out.

Anyone using our successfully?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

gfro9191

Mar 24, 2011
YES. Same issue!

I ended up just deleting the picture while it was in progress but only to find that it showed back up as sent over an hour later.

Strange, but what's the deal?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

PhilPan

YES. Same issue!

I ended up just deleting the picture while it was in progress but only to find that it showed back up as sent over an hour later.

Strange, but what's the deal?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

The whole phone is becoming a deal breaker for me.

Going back tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

soccer568

May 10, 2010
Same here

I read that going into settings and resetting the APN back to default should fix this. This option is listed in settings. Click the "mobile data" tile and then "CDMA options" and then "access point names". Touch the three dots and the option to "reset to default" will be listed. Then reboot and see if this fixes it. I have not had that "touch to download mms message" error since I did that.

gfro9191

Mar 24, 2011
I read that going into settings and resetting the APN back to default should fix this. This option is listed in settings. Click the "mobile data" tile and then "CDMA options" and then "access point names". Touch the three dots and the option to "reset to default" will be listed. Then reboot and see if this fixes it. I have not had that "touch to download mms message" error since I did that.

It's actually more of an issue with sending the MMS. It just stays in the sending state.

dbroadus2007

Aug 18, 2008
Fort Worth, TX

Thanks for that tip...I did that and my MMS via Hangouts is working now!

deadpixell

Sep 22, 2010
Anybody else have suggestions for resolving this problem? It just started popping up for me last night and has continued all day today. No problem sending individual messages, only problems sending picture messages and group messages. I tried resetting the APN trick and it did not do anything for me :/

Sevinex

Jul 27, 2013
San Diego
Yep, had this on my old GS3, and now the M8... It appears to be following me. I have switched to the native messaging app for the time being, however I already miss Hangouts...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vorter

Oct 5, 2010
Peachtree City

Should vzwinternet be checked? It unchecks it when I reset APN.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same here