Terrible data reception.

Search This thread

Larkspeed

Mar 20, 2011
Emmen
I used to use a Galaxy S3 and at home I always got a data signal showing H+

I recently switched to a Note 3 and now at home my data signal never goes above E and it stupidly slow.

Voice signal strength on the other hand is always full.

Is anyone else experiencing a low data signal like this?

Larkspeed

Mar 20, 2011
Emmen
Tried a different SIMcard? These problems usually result from an old SIM in a new phone. Those two don't mix very well.

I don't have another sim to try, and everyone i know is on a different supplier so using one of theirs would be pointless, and my supplier charges for a sim change so really a no go unless i know for a fact that's the problem.

Really? Even with problems? Oh, right, HI is KPN... Of course they do.

Different providers shouldn't be an issue, there's no SIMlock in the EU. (thank you Kroes.). Any provider from the EU should work without issue. If one of theirs works, it's not the phone.

Alternatively, you could go to a shop and use one of their test SIMs.

Also, does the connection go above EDGE when you're somewhere else? Or does it stay slow everywhere?

Last edited:

Sheeezy

May 9, 2013
Yea I also noticed this on my device.
Im on stock deodexed rom ( NC2 by @_alexndr ) and my reception also is worse than on my previous S3.
Im constantly playing with the idea to flash another KitKat modem.

Tbh I tried once via odin but after restart nothing has changed in my about phone while odin said success?!

sent from SM-N9005

Larkspeed

Mar 20, 2011
Emmen
Im on stock deodexed rom ( NC2 by @_alexndr ) and my reception also is worse than on my previous S3.

Tbh I tried once via odin but after restart nothing has changed in my about phone while odin said success?!

sent from SM-N9005

I tried a different stock rom and it made no difference at all.

I also remembered that my netbook has it's own sim card on a different provider so I put that in and got the exact same result so it's definitely the phone and not the network

Reactions: Sheeezy

Sheeezy

May 9, 2013
@Larkspeed
maybe I should mention that I use the Spigen Neo Hybrid case on my Note 3 whereas the S3 was "naked".

This could make a difference but apart from that I dont get why the reception is so bad in comparisson to my S3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sent from SM-N9005

I tried a different stock rom and it made no difference at all.

I also remembered that my netbook has it's own sim card on a different provider so I put that in and got the exact same result so it's definitely the phone and not the network