New update email issues

Search This thread

jivankovich

Sep 27, 2011
Hi everyone, I'm a tech for sprint, I've seen a lot of Samsung Note 3's come in to our store as well as our managers note 3 that have an issue syncing an Microsoft Exchange email accounts, we've tried re-doing the email account, as well as hard resetting the devices,, emails will sync for an hour tops. All suggestions are welcome!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

BHurst

May 20, 2012
Root the phone and flash a custom Rom. What email client are you using? touchdown wheels great.

Reactions: jivankovich

jivankovich

Sep 27, 2011
Well I would love to root everyone's phone. But working for sprint, we're not even allowed to work on rooted devices so that's definitely out of the question but I'll try using the touchdown app, and they are all using the stock email application on the device.

jivankovich

Sep 27, 2011
I forgot to mention I have seen it in S4 devices as well as the new S5

BHurst

May 20, 2012
Is it all the same type of account? Might be a problem on the server end.

carnagecjb

Jul 19, 2007
Lexington, KY
The only issue I've seen with my Exchange account is an absurdly large battery drain...
If I set it on "push", my phone is constantly on. The stay awake time for the exchange service is more or less my uptime, minus my screen on time.
I just don't use push, and have no other issues...

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
The only issue I've seen with my Exchange account is an absurdly large battery drain...
If I set it on "push", my phone is constantly on. The stay awake time for the exchange service is more or less my uptime, minus my screen on time.
I just don't use push, and have no other issues...

I know somebody with att s4 that upgraded to kk. He has same problem with exchange, very high battery drain. He tried changing settings and poll time but it still kills his battery. I'm wondering if the exchange program/service in Samsung kk has a bug that is s4/s5/n3. I wonder if there are email apps that don't rely on built in exchange app, that they have their own built in? Maybe this might save the battery? I don't know if k9 is good or not but I tried using it in the past. I'm sure there's others.

Last edited:

jivankovich

Sep 27, 2011
That's what I think, it all happened after the new wifi/hd voice update on the note 3. But it worked fine on the initial kk update. The one I'm still on and I have no problems lol.

thegof

Dec 27, 2007
I use exchange all the time. No sync issues and no battery drain with push. I would start asking if they know which version of exchange server is running to see if it is isolated to one version.

BclingergFJ

Sep 28, 2008
I use Touchdown on 3 devices and have used it for about 4 years with no battery problems caused by the application. Have you updated the PRL recently?

Sent via my Note 8

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
I don't suspect the prl, I think it's the exchange apk on the newest kk Samsung phones. It's happening on different carriers.

jivankovich

Sep 27, 2011
Touchdown seems to be the best fix, I've been suggesting it to everyone that has the issue.

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Touchdown seems to be the best fix, I've been suggesting it to everyone that has the issue.

Or one can use the EmailGoogle and Exchange2Google pair of apps, and attain everything they need with one-fourth the footprint, free of charge, syncs perfectly, and can actually see subfolders of your exchange inbox.

The app you're recommending is terrific, but quite the beast and most certainly not the best choice for all.

It is, as noted, an awesome app.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root the phone and flash a custom Rom. What email client are you using? touchdown wheels great.