[Q] Gmail Downloading Attachment Problems

Search This thread

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
Hey Guys,

I have the latest gmail app on my nexus 4, running Android 4.4.3 KitKat. I am unable to download any attachments through the app, and it is beginning to bother me. I have had this issue over the past gmail app versions, and from 4.4.2 KitKat also. Pictures say they can't load, and any other files fail to download, and retrying doesn't help. A workaround that I can use now is saving everything i need to Google drive from within the gmail app, and accessing them from another app, but this isn't a permanent solution. I have tried wiping gmail cache, gmail data, and completely uninstalling gmail and reinstalling it from the play store after a reboot, all to no avail. None of the solutions I have found work. If you guys Know how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: geomokl

geomokl

Dec 12, 2013
Dublin
Hi

I have the same problem!!?? it is very annoying please anybodies have a solution? I cant't open any attachment via gmail app always I use save to drive to see any attachment via my mobile device.

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
Hey,

I never solved the issue and from Browsing around it seems it happens to some people and not to others. I just use the drive workaround now, because I have nothing else left to try.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

geomokl

Dec 12, 2013
Dublin
Hi

Yeah the same as me, I feel tired of finding a solution for this problem. it is very wired that Google didn't mention this problem or solving it by newest version of gmail app because I found many threat talking about the same issue without a solution. many of member say to switch to K9 app instead of gmail app but the problem that in the k9 there are no categories like gmail ( Primary, Promotion, Social, Forums) I used them a lot because I don't like to get a notification when a new email come to one of these categories except Primary. these feature doesn't exist in another email app like K9.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

I have the latest gmail app on my nexus 4, running Android 4.4.3 KitKat. I am unable to download any attachments through the app, and it is beginning to bother me. I have had this issue over the past gmail app versions, and from 4.4.2 KitKat also. Pictures say they can't load, and any other files fail to download, and retrying doesn't help. A workaround that I can use now is saving everything i need to Google drive from within the gmail app, and accessing them from another app, but this isn't a permanent solution. I have tried wiping gmail cache, gmail data, and completely uninstalling gmail and reinstalling it from the play store after a reboot, all to no avail. None of the solutions I have found work. If you guys Know how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.