[RECOVERY] Official ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 (ODIN Flashable)

Search This thread

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Official ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 Recovery

Description: This is an ODIN flashable version of the Official ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 for the Verizon Galaxy S III for those who prefer to use ODIN to flash recovery on a low-level.
This version brings many new features listed below:

- New backup format that de-duplicates data between backups
- Supports BOTH Internal memory and External SD Card (only if external is formatted as FAT32 - Why not exFAT? See here)
- Faster backups
- Fixed restores > 2GB
- Minor UI tweaks (new background, animated Android)

sqTKl.png

***Your Bootloader Must Be Unlocked First or ODIN Will Fail to Flash***

(See Here for How to Unlock)

Flashing ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 via ODIN

Samsung Official USB Drivers - Link
ODIN v3.07 - Link
ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 (Non-Touch Version) - Download - MD5 = F00F13606109284739AD8AAF19F5E3D9
ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 (Touch Version) - Download - MD5 = 929EEC3DB07CC578256447CC6E4ED124

1. Install USB drivers
2. Download ODIN v3.07
3. Download and extract the ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 tar ffile from the zip above or the attachment in this post
4. Boot phone into ODIN mode (See here for how-to)
5. Connect your device to your PC via USB
6. Flash the tar file using ODIN v3.07 (Select PDA, select the CWM tar file, click Start)

You should now have ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 flashed onto your recovery partition so just boot to recovery and you will have it working.

Last edited:

KennyCap

Jun 8, 2011
Broketown MA
Does this have access to internal? I've been using touch 5.0.8.9 from ez. I Flashed 6 from ez but couldn't find internal.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

jprow507

Oct 26, 2010
Does this have access to internal? I've been using touch 5.0.8.9 from ez. I Flashed 6 from ez but couldn't find internal.

I'm currently using 6.0.1.0 and can see both internal and external sd in recovery. I assume this would be the same.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: KennyCap

ddggttff3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2009
Minnesota
is this the build dhacker29 posted? On the rombot he has had a 6.0.1.1 recovery for the GS3 for awhile, thing works great.

Reactions: Clegs

TokedUp

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
Wasnt this version supposed to have a feature to create your own Rom zip? Couldve sworn I read about this feature being implemented.

Reactions: snuiv

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
Why are the dates still messed up my backups are showing that today is 1970. I have flashed the latest version of cwm 6.0.1.2 and the dates are still messed up. Wtf this is nuts

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: yarsh

boynamedstacy

Apr 3, 2011
Spokane
www.talkandroid.com
Why are the dates still messed up my backups are showing that today is 1970. I have flashed the latest version of cwm 6.0.1.2 and the dates are still messed up. Wtf this is nuts

Yeah the date issue has always been a bummer for me when I forget to rename my backups with a file manager. Good luck figurung out what is what LOL :p

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
Yeah the date issue has always been a bummer for me when I forget to rename my backups with a file manager. Good luck figurung out what is what LOL :p

Its nuts seriously even when I try and rename my Recovery it get all ****ed up and in don't know which is which because it in 1970.2...format and so I end up renaming the wrong one.
I think the bigger issue is that when you restore from a backup your file system once restored is showing a created date or modified date of the same 1970 date. So basically everything that is restored has a timestamp of 1970(not sure about data). I wonder if that has implications that we are unaware of??

I would have thought this would have been figured out by now. This is a first for me so I wonder if it is just with the sgs3 because the 10 other Android devices have never had this bug.

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Its nuts seriously even when I try and rename my Recovery it get all ****ed up and in don't know which is which because it in 1970.2...format and so I end up renaming the wrong one.
I think the bigger issue is that when you restore from a backup your file system once restored is showing a created date or modified date of the same 1970 date. So basically everything that is restored has a timestamp of 1970(not sure about data). I wonder if that has implications that we are unaware of??

I would have thought this would have been figured out by now. This is a first for me so I wonder if it is just with the sgs3 because the 10 other Android devices have never had this bug.

Koush mentions the issue may lie with the way the kernel processes dates on a low level...aka it's up to the device. Try this for a fix (not yet confirmed if working with CWM6 backups but worth a try - [How To] Fix md5 mismatch nandroid restore)

Reactions: jgrimberg1979

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
Koush mentions the issue may lie with the way the kernel processes dates on a low level...aka it's up to the device. Try this for a fix (not yet confirmed if working with CWM6 backups but worth a try - [How To] Fix md5 mismatch nandroid restore)

Thanks but I don't have a md5 mismatch issue. I

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Were can we get just the img.

sent from locked bootloadrer SGS3 running a custom kernel :)

Just download it and extract the .img from it

ghilliek9

Mar 30, 2011
So if I'm already rooted and have the Synergy Rom with CWM 6.0.1.0 and have my bootloader unlocked, can I still flash this and still use the same ROM? or will I need a new ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 Recovery

Description: This is an ODIN flashable version of the Official ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 for the Verizon Galaxy S III for those who prefer to use ODIN to flash recovery on a low-level.
    This version brings many new features listed below:

- New backup format that de-duplicates data between backups
    - Supports BOTH Internal memory and External SD Card (only if external is formatted as FAT32 - Why not exFAT? See here)
    - Faster backups
    - Fixed restores > 2GB
    - Minor UI tweaks (new background, animated Android)

sqTKl.png

***Your Bootloader Must Be Unlocked First or ODIN Will Fail to Flash***

(See Here for How to Unlock)

Flashing ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 via ODIN

Samsung Official USB Drivers - Link
    ODIN v3.07 - Link
    ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 (Non-Touch Version) - Download - MD5 = F00F13606109284739AD8AAF19F5E3D9
    ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 (Touch Version) - Download - MD5 = 929EEC3DB07CC578256447CC6E4ED124

1. Install USB drivers
    2. Download ODIN v3.07
    3. Download and extract the ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 tar ffile from the zip above or the attachment in this post
    4. Boot phone into ODIN mode (See here for how-to)
    5. Connect your device to your PC via USB
    6. Flash the tar file using ODIN v3.07 (Select PDA, select the CWM tar file, click Start)

You should now have ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 flashed onto your recovery partition so just boot to recovery and you will have it working.
    Were can we get just the img.

sent from locked bootloadrer SGS3 running a custom kernel :)

* ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 Non-Touch
    * ClockworkMod 6.0.1.2 Touch
    Any chance new files were uploaded without updating the listed MD5 Sums? I've downloaded both (touch & non-touch) versions and can't get either sum to match. Have downloaded unrelated files today without issue.

IIRC, the MD5 is for the actual odin file and not the zip. Extract the odin flashable file from the zip and compare the MD5 hashes.

I'm currently using 6.0.1.0 and can see both internal and external sd in recovery. I assume this would be the same.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
    i try for samsung i535 the recovery CWM_6_Non-Touch and CWM_6_Touch not work {{failed }} look pictuer on odin .

and on sdcard i try termainal and {{dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 }}
    lgive me secure fail:kernel look pictuer 2

View attachment 3738498 View attachment 3738499

this is an old thread and you didn't unlock your bootloader. you need to be on an hold version of jellybean to be able to unlock the bootlader. After updated so far, you can't even use odin to downgrade that far. it is blocked by samsung.