Can't root

Search This thread

RunNgun42

Jul 14, 2010
I have installed CWM, TWRP, Philz touch, I am unlocked and obviously have a custom recovery, BUT I CANNOT ROOT for the life of me. I've download 20 different versions of SuperSU and Superuser. Half of them just flat out fail to flash in recovery, the others succeed but I still never have root when I reboot. I've used Philz SuperSU flash option, it succeeds but then I never have root. I've tried downloading the various superuser apps from the market, sideload via USB, NOTHING WORKS. I cannot for the life of me get this goddamn thing to root. I've flashed hundreds of roms before across dozens of android devices, I have NEVER ran into this problem before. I have flashed and rooted dozens of roms to THIS device before, but now I cannot root anymore.

Does anybody have a solution? God I hate android sometimes.

GedBlake

Jan 5, 2013
Ashton-under-Lyne, Manchester, UK
I have installed CWM, TWRP, Philz touch, I am unlocked and obviously have a custom recovery, BUT I CANNOT ROOT for the life of me. I've download 20 different versions of SuperSU and Superuser. Half of them just flat out fail to flash in recovery, the others succeed but I still never have root when I reboot. I've used Philz SuperSU flash option, it succeeds but then I never have root. I've tried downloading the various superuser apps from the market, sideload via USB, NOTHING WORKS. I cannot for the life of me get this goddamn thing to root. I've flashed hundreds of roms before across dozens of android devices, I have NEVER ran into this problem before. I have flashed and rooted dozens of roms to THIS device before, but now I cannot root anymore.

Does anybody have a solution? God I hate android sometimes.

Hi, RunNgun42...

Probably you're missing something completely bleeding obvious... sometimes you can be too close to a problem, such that you can't see the wider picture.

Anyway, if you have TWRP or CWM installed, then this should work.

------------------------------------

Chainfire SuperSU
http://download.chainfire.eu/376/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.89.zip

SuperSU XDA discussion thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

I've just test flashed the above linked Chainfire SuperSU v1.89 via TWRP 2.6.3.1 on my own Nexus 7 and it flashed without problems.

It might help others, for them to help you, if you could report any displayed error messages... even the most (seemingly) trivial messages may be sufficient to 'nail the problem' and thereby resolve it.

Hope this helps... and good luck rooting:).

Rgrds,
Ged.

slif24

Jan 15, 2013
Las Torres de Cotillas
Hi, RunNgun42...

Probably you're missing something completely bleeding obvious... sometimes you can be too close to a problem, such that you can't see the wider picture.

Anyway, if you have TWRP or CWM installed, then this should work.

Chainfire SuperSU
http://download.chainfire.eu/376/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.89.zip

SuperSU XDA discussion thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

I've just test flashed the above linked Chainfire SuperSU v1.89 via TWRP 2.6.3.1 on my own Nexus 7 and it flashed without problems.

It might help others, for them to help you, if you could report any displayed error messages... even the most (seemingly) trivial messages may be sufficient to 'nail the problem' and thereby resolve it.

Hope this helps... and good luck rooting:).

Rgrds,
Ged.

I have the same problem and it isn't so simple. I try to get root with CF-AutoRoot and flashing ZIP file. Nothing work.

I explain the issue. Updating to 4.4 (official OTA) get into bootloop. I flashed system and boot.img from 4.3 factory image to return. When I try to update again, it das bootlooped again. Then, I decide to do the same with 4.4 factory image (only system and boot) and I successfull update N7. Then, I didn't get to root anymore. I update to 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 and the same problems.

In addition, I have experimented slow charge (I see some others talk about that since 4.4.2 update).

I think that this are one of the bests tableta, but now we see that is not so good.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

RunNgun42

Jul 14, 2010
Ok so I had to basically redo EVERYTHING from scratch using Wug's Toolkit. We're talking like the day I unboxed the phone. New bootloader, new boot.img, new recovery, new rom, new root. Finally everything working now, but dang. I have no idea what happened. Best I can surmise is that the boot.img got messed up somehow. Granted I already did all of those things but not in that order. I literally treated the phone like a new phone and just went through the rooting process from start to finish all over again.