[APP] Patch your lockscreen to enable MEDIA CONTROL and GESTURES (gest. are on TODO)

Search This thread

OndraSter

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Hello
another of my (working) hacks, this time it is, everybody's wanted, LOCKSCREEN MEDIA CONTROL! We know that it was enabled on LG Fathom device, but I just made it working even on my TP2. Video of proof:
(sorry for quality, I have older camera)

Gestures are on my todo to be allowed next, I will hopefully before end of the week release patcher, that will enable it.

Where lays the problem - lockscreen asks for device if there is _something_ supported, I don't know what, because this function in aygshell is internal and thus not documented. I simply changed condition, that now it won't run part which just shutted door before allowing the media control :).

Are you excited as me? :D

PS: This is control for WMP of course, not HTC player!

PPS: I know that will be supported hopefully all recent builds that have graphics for the media control. I have tested it on 21680, but 23569 has the graphics too I think. I am not going to flash 10 different builds, that's up to you to test it when I release the patcher tool :).

How to use:
1) Download latest version of LockScreenPatcher (currently: test)
2) Download lockscreen.dll from your phone (Resco Explorer, RAPI tools, this will be automated maybe in later versions)
3) Run the LockScreenPatcher against the lockscreen.dll you just copied over
4) If everything goes fine, there should be message "File patched blabla"
5) Now take newly generated file (lockscreen.dll_), rename to lockscreen.dll and put back to your phone
6) Insert into registry that value, as the application tells you
7) Reboot your phone
8) Voila :)

Donate to get access to new projects before they are released! (Since this project I'm making list of donators and I'll be launching "beta software" forum!)

Attachments

• LockScreenPatcher_test.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,839
Last edited:

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Really? Nobody interested? :D

Let me put here first test version of the patching app, I tested it on few builds (23103, 21680) and it patched fine and works fine, updated first post...

Maybe it should be in Apps section instead? :D

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
Really? Nobody interested? :D

Let me put here first test version of the patching app, I tested it on few builds (23103, 21680) and it patched fine and works fine, updated first post...

Maybe it should be in Apps section instead? :D

Hi mate, awesome find again.

Can you hack Oboe HTCLockScreen_2_0_20192329_00 too? :cool:

Oboe uses a different *.dll (customlockscreen.dll) so this patch wont work for sure.

Nice work

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Hi mate, awesome find again.

Can you hack Oboe HTCLockScreen_2_0_20192329_00 too? :cool:

Oboe uses a different *.dll (customlockscreen.dll) so this patch wont work for sure.

Nice work
I'm not sure it is there at all, because it uses HTC's own lockscreen. And I haven't seen graphics for that in the package I think. Sorry

ilbert

Jun 25, 2009
Arona
Hei! That's wonderful! But i can't copy lockscreen.dll file. With "GS Finder" and "Total Commander" the phone says me: "Can't copy this file". Using resco explorer i don't find the file. Help!

Last edited:

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
The controls are appearing for me (need to slide sideways on the calendar), but they aren't working. I'm probably leaving out a dependency or two (build 21680). Here's a screen-cap.

Edit: Actually, the play button will launch WMP, but it won't play/pause music and I can't skip forwards or backwards.

Hei! That's wonderful! But i can't copy lockscreen.dll file. With "GS Finder" and "Total Commander" the phone says me: "Can't copy this file". Using resco explorer i don't find the file. Help!

You need to use rom extractor or dotfred's task manager (depends tool--->dump rom library) to dump the module. Total commander won't work. And it's probably a hidden file, so you may not see it with some file explorers. I've attached the patched 21680 dll.

Attachments

• 101007133741.jpg
    101007133741.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 5,483
  • lockscreen_21680.zip
    216 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
Must be some package breaking it up, works for me on 21680, tried few lockscreen.dlls, from 23138, 23103 and 21680 and all OK, using it often (I have media playback buttons on headphones though). 23569 should work too I think...

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
Yeah, I normally don't cook in CHOME or the Bronze packages, so that may be the issue. I added the dll's I thought I might need to the \windows folder (cmwmpplugin; bronzeres; chhome and something else), but that didn't do anything for me. I tried registering the dll's, and it only worked for the wmp plugin one. I may just have to cook those packages in. Of course, I could've just totally effed something else up, lol.

Last edited:

elshur

Oct 19, 2007
Biarritz
Awesome Man
It works perfectly with build 24623 :cool:

Thanks to share !!!

I have made a cab for needer :D

Last edited:

ilbert

Jun 25, 2009
Arona
You need to use rom extractor or dotfred's task manager (depends tool--->dump rom library) to dump the module. Total commander won't work. And it's probably a hidden file, so you may not see it with some file explorers. I've attached the patched 21680 dll.

Thank you man! I dumped the file but i can't patch it, the program says "Your system doesn't seem to support MediaControl, or has been already patched. Nothing left to patch!". So with 21911, it doesn't work.

majorassface

Aug 24, 2008
Toronto
This is incredible OndraSter, the only reason I've been hanging on to S2u2 is the media playback features. I've avoided CHT lockscreen because of the lag but if this works with the default lockscreen this will be amazing. Do you think you could possibly get it to work with other media players as I'm sure most people don't use WMP regularly. Keep up the great work!!

Major

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
Must be some package breaking it up, works for me on 21680, tried few lockscreen.dlls, from 23138, 23103 and 21680 and all OK, using it often (I have media playback buttons on headphones though). 23569 should work too I think...

Ok, I got it working. You need to have the cmhomewmpplugin.dll module from the CHOME package as well as these reg keys from the CHOME rgu (I added the one that you need for the lockscreen as well):

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\UIPlugins\{437C0B25-C91F-4a04-8115-EEC0E205125F}]
"Capabilities"=dword:02000001
"Description"="CMHOME - WMP Plugin"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{437C0B25-C91F-4a04-8115-EEC0E205125F}]
@="CMHOME Wmp Plugin"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{437C0B25-C91F-4a04-8115-EEC0E205125F}\InprocServer32]
@="CMHOMEWmpPlugin.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="free"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen]
"MediaControl"=dword:1

This is awesome! I think it's cool that if you just click the play button on the lockscreen, it will open up WMP and start playing an album. I'm not sure how it decides what to play, but it's a great feature.

I'm not sure what's up with the font, though. When I first got it going, the song name was in white. Now it's in black, lol.

Edit: you also need cmhomeres.dll and cmhomeres.dll.0409.mui to get the font to be white.

Last edited:

OndraSter

Mar 27, 2009
Prague
This is incredible OndraSter, the only reason I've been hanging on to S2u2 is the media playback features. I've avoided CHT lockscreen because of the lag but if this works with the default lockscreen this will be amazing. Do you think you could possibly get it to work with other media players as I'm sure most people don't use WMP regularly. Keep up the great work!!

Major
I definitely... CAN'T! This is built-in feature of MS, I just patch one byte (actually, one bit :D) to make it run on phones that don't support _something_ (like I said, it checks for some HW or SW capability in system, but it is internal function of aygshell that only OEMs have in documents, maybe I can ask DaG if he has it though and enable even gestures without patching the lockscreen dll and just somehow enable it in registry? Install virtual driver?)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello
    another of my (working) hacks, this time it is, everybody's wanted, LOCKSCREEN MEDIA CONTROL! We know that it was enabled on LG Fathom device, but I just made it working even on my TP2. Video of proof:
    (sorry for quality, I have older camera)

Gestures are on my todo to be allowed next, I will hopefully before end of the week release patcher, that will enable it.

Where lays the problem - lockscreen asks for device if there is _something_ supported, I don't know what, because this function in aygshell is internal and thus not documented. I simply changed condition, that now it won't run part which just shutted door before allowing the media control :).

Are you excited as me? :D

PS: This is control for WMP of course, not HTC player!

PPS: I know that will be supported hopefully all recent builds that have graphics for the media control. I have tested it on 21680, but 23569 has the graphics too I think. I am not going to flash 10 different builds, that's up to you to test it when I release the patcher tool :).

How to use:
    1) Download latest version of LockScreenPatcher (currently: test)
    2) Download lockscreen.dll from your phone (Resco Explorer, RAPI tools, this will be automated maybe in later versions)
    3) Run the LockScreenPatcher against the lockscreen.dll you just copied over
    4) If everything goes fine, there should be message "File patched blabla"
    5) Now take newly generated file (lockscreen.dll_), rename to lockscreen.dll and put back to your phone
    6) Insert into registry that value, as the application tells you
    7) Reboot your phone
    8) Voila :)

Donate to get access to new projects before they are released! (Since this project I'm making list of donators and I'll be launching "beta software" forum!)
    Another batch of progress:

The problem is, it won't recognize my gestures, no idea why :(.
    Hi Guys,
    I'm trying to make to it work but I facing a problem wich I don't understand.

I'm using 29022.
    I've took the lockscreen.dll, I've recmoded, and then applied the patch.
    But when cook (with the reg) or create a cab, it does not work.

Did someone make it work on 29022? did you managed to cook it?

Thanks in advance

Here is mine from 29022 if you would like to give it a shot. It's working great for me
    I tried installing after a fresh flash with no luck. It was really strange. After I installed, did a soft reset and then locked the device it looked like part of the lock screen was there but not everything. Includeing the slider to unlock so I had to hard reset.... Could the .dll be looking for elements of the lockscreen in different places than the ROM I am using? Is there anyway to make a cab more robust? Maybe include everything in the cab that is needed to make the lockscreen work?...
    Also, my ROM comes with the HTC lock screen which i deactivate. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I dunno what the issue is. All the cab does is install the dll into \windows, and it sets the media registry key (look in HKLM\software\microsoft\shell\lockscreen and see if the MediaControl value is there and set to 1. There's not much to it. It's possible, though, that whoever cooked your rom used a gwes.exe from another build line (dunno why, but people do it; I think that the 23569 gwes.exe gets used in 216 builds). This could cause issues with the lockscreen.
    I gave up some time ago because I wasn't able to unlock the settings and it didn't recognize any letter - just like now. And I have no idea why. Really.

And I had problems with WM lockscreen, it would freeze the phone, I was using the HTC one :). Finally now it works again.