[MM 6.0] [Nougat 7.0] Kali Nethunter for Nexus 5x/bullhead [INSTALL] [UPDATE 09/28]

Search This thread

Shiestie

Dec 11, 2013
Harrisburg
Updated as of 09/28/2016
Rebuilt Kali Nethunter Installers from Sept. 28th source code pull.

Update - 10/03
Reuploaded ALL zips and Relinked in Post, So all links should now be working.

Since the current version of Kali Nethunter (3.0) doesn't currently have an official build for the Nexus 5x (bullhead), I decided to do a build for it.
I created packages for Android 6.x (Marshmallow) and for Android 7 (Nougat). One has the full-chroot and one has the minimal-chroot.
I'll be creating updated builds once a week, both complete install zips and update zips.

I have installed and tested the marshmallow-kalifs-full version running Blissrom and CM13, but I have not had a chance to test the nougat versions yet.
If you have any issues, or questions post it and I'll try and get back to you asap.

The offical Kali Nethunter webpage is located here: https://www.kali.org/kali-linux-nethunter/
Kali Nethunter Source: https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter

Marshmallow builds
-- Full --
nethunter-bullhead-marshmallow-kalifs-full-20160928.zip (AndroidFileHost) (771.7mb)
Code:
md5: a7334c498a098e808ddce428d22f62d1
-- Minimal --
nethunter-bullhead-marshmallow-kalifs-minimal-20160928.zip (AndroidFileHost) (195.2mb)
Code:
md5: 49e82dfdd937c0623d5554d51cef076b

Nougat builds
-- Full --
nethunter-bullhead-nougat-kalifs-full-20160928.zip (AndroidFileHost) (771.7mb)
Code:
md5: a7334c498a098e808ddce428d22f62d1

-- Minimal --
nethunter-bullhead-nougat-kalifs-minimal-20160928.zip (AndroidFileHost) (195.3mb)
Code:
md5: e45062dad1da603fa546aa09b101dc7f

Uninstaller

nethunter-uninstaller-20160901.zip (AndroidFileHost) (1kb)
(mirror)
Code:
md5: 8df3e20510084db7cab0e8ee670c7331

Last edited:
T

Truestark

What is the difference between a full and a minimal package? Will the minimal package install over my existing ROM ? I'm using official Nougat, systemless root.

T

Truestark

Installed the full package on stock nougat. Works fine, had to install the app separately and the nh-terminal too.

Shiestie

Dec 11, 2013
Harrisburg
What is the difference between a full and a minimal package?

The Minimal kalifs/chroot is basically the barebones Kali OS without any of the extra software pre-installed, which is better if you want to pick and choose which meta-packages to install.
And of course the Full kalifs/chroot is the normal Kali OS with all the default software/tools installed.

Will the minimal package install over my existing ROM ? I'm using official Nougat, systemless root.

None of the Kali Installs overwrites any rom. It is install alongside whatever ROM you are running.
I have tested the Full Nougat Nethunter and it worked just as well as the Marshmallow build, so I don't foresee you having any problems..

What exactly is functionality of this on 5X? Do I need seperate dongle to do penetration, etc. ?
It all depends on what you are trying to pen test... It would be better to have a dongle but it isn't an absolute must. Before I had a dongle, When I had my Nexus 5 I used to tether it to my laptop or tablet and use the wifi adaptor on that device as my second Network Interface.. I'm not sure if that will work on the 5x but it's an option.
You can still do a decent amount of Wireless Pen Tests/Exploits with the onboard network adapter but you may end up using Cellular Data if you are attempting certain MiTM attacks or HostAPd ... I know for sure if you want to use the Kali-Linux Evil Wireless Access Point you will need a dongle, but I have heard that you can use Cellular Data with it by tweaking the config file.

nihad15

May 10, 2015
Can you please build nougat version with full Chroot for hammerhead? (there are already 3 nougat Roms and a couple of nougat kernels for hammerhead)

Eugene729

May 9, 2011
Kuala lumpur
Sorry, if this may sound stupid. Is this consider as a multirom flashing? If it's suppose to run side by side with my existing cm13 rom. Do i need to be running the stock cm kernel?

nihad15

May 10, 2015
Sorry, if this may sound stupid. Is this consider as a multirom flashing? If it's suppose to run side by side with my existing cm13 rom. Do i need to be running the stock cm kernel?
Edit: Was I drunk or something I answered a completely different question.
The primary should have Cm13 with the Multirom mod (forgot it's name but you can install it through the Multirom app)
the secondary ROM's kernel will be overwritten by Kali's kernel.

Last edited:

Shiestie

Dec 11, 2013
Harrisburg

It's more like the xposed framework.. It installs a couple pen testing apps, as well as the Nethunter App and a chroot filesystem so you can actually run the Kali Linux OS via the VNC App or through the Terminal if you don't want to use a GUI. But you don't really need to VNC into the OS, the Nethunter app has most of the stuff you'd want in it, BeeF-XSS, Metasploit, SSH, MITMf, Apache2, etc...
as for the kernel... I actually built all the zips with a working kernel in them.. I'm not sure if the cm13 stock kernel will work with nethunter, but a lot of other kernels do, when I had a nexus 5 I used ElementalX kernel with nethunter... If you'd like a nethunter install zip without a kernel built in, just let me know and I'll build one without..

Can you please build nougat version with full Chroot for hammerhead? (there are already 3 nougat Roms and a couple of nougat kernels for hammerhead)

Alright, so good news and bad... I was able to build nethunter for hammerhead running nougat.. BUT, they do not currently have a nougat kernal for hammerhead in the repo. So I'm going to have to compile one from the original Nougat kernel for hammerhead from Google... I started syncing the source so I'll hopefully have a working kernel for it by tomorrow evening.. If there are any third-party nougat kernels for hammerhead like franco, elementalx, etc... they should work just fine until I build one specifically for Nethunter for hammerhead nougat.

nethunter-hammerhead-nougat-no-kernel-kalifs-full-20160904.zip

nihad15

May 10, 2015
they do not currently have a nougat kernal for hammerhead in the repo. So I'm going to have to compile one from the original Nougat kernel for hammerhead from Google... I started syncing the source so I'll hopefully have a working kernel for it by tomorrow evening.. If there are any third-party nougat kernels for hammerhead like franco, elementalx, etc... they should work just fine until I build one specifically for Nethunter for hammerhead nougat.

nethunter-hammerhead-nougat-no-kernel-kalifs-full-20160904.zip
Google didn't release (nor kali) a kernel for hammerhead-nougat.
and don't I need kali kernel to be able to use the wifi dongle?
(Oh btw thanks for the zip)

Reactions: EldonTyrell

Shiestie

Dec 11, 2013
Harrisburg
Google didn't release (nor kali) a kernel for hammerhead-nougat.
and don't I need kali kernel to be able to use the wifi dongle?
(Oh btw thanks for the zip)

The kernel is compiled into the nougat firmware updates, I'll pull it from source n build it with what's needed to run nethunter, without a kernel chroot nor kexec would work so pretty much none of kali will work..

Top Liked Posts