[TUT] XDA Atom WM 6 and WM 6.1 ROM Cooking

Search This thread

ckaidi

May 25, 2007
Singapore
Hi guys,

Anyone know how to change the system info? Examples the OEM packages i cooked and the pagepool...

BTW can we change the pagepool during the cooking or using hexeditor is the only way?

THank!!

jiggs

Jan 27, 2006
Hi guys,

Anyone know how to change the system info? Examples the OEM packages i cooked and the pagepool...

BTW can we change the pagepool during the cooking or using hexeditor is the only way?

THank!!

Change the pagepool of the ROM template on your kitchen, then you don't have to worry each time.

ckaidi

May 25, 2007
Singapore
Change the pagepool of the ROM template on your kitchen, then you don't have to worry each time.

Ok thank!! :)

BTW i tried 2mb pagepool....very laggy and slow haha

for 4mb speed ok.....but i had problem soft-reset the device, it required me to remove the batt before it react to my poking (soft-reset).

ckaidi

May 25, 2007
Singapore
Jiggs never released a WM6 Kitchen in public.

I'm loving it :)
THis is the best released Jiggs for us!!

ok just a newbie question abt cooking...i couldnt find the "version" txt to change the system info. Anyone can help me?

Jiggs will be a history already right? Well, guess you wanna have some peace so hope everyone can respect this :)

Recently read some news abt the 2nd edition of wm6, is more like a patch than a upgrade. So hope Jiggs can still assist us in this which will be release in the 1stQ of 2008 which is SOON. Yeah!! :)

ckaidi

May 25, 2007
Singapore
One more question, anyone can teach me how to create the format to flash with memory card? While trying with new cooking, it took a long time just to check a thing with full flashing.

medkid

Mar 3, 2007
One more question, anyone can teach me how to create the format to flash with memory card? While trying with new cooking, it took a long time just to check a thing with full flashing.

hint: flashing ROM without bootloader and extended ROM: extract your downloaded rom to a folder,put eboot.nbO, nova_pda_033105.mot, ExtendedRom.img out of the "uprom tools" folder before you flash rom. When the flashing reach 100% there'll be an error occurs, this is normal. Just unplug the cable, then hard reset your device, you will have a new rom with your old bootloader, old extendedROM.
attention: before flashing using the method above, you have to put the device into bootloader mode (camera+reset).

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Hello everybody !!

I'm a user of a MIO P550, which are two clones : The Airis T620 and the Yakumo DeltaX. These three pda are on wm5.

I compared the rom on my PDA with various ROMS, and i have noticed that the characteristics of my pda are the same ones as eten X.500.

I haved try to upgrade my pda with ETEN X.500 wm6 rom , but the pda does not start any more: S

I do not want to repair my pda, but I will like to know if you had ideas, to return this rom compatible with my pda

Great great thanks !!

Nixeus

tjlabais

Oct 31, 2007
Hello everybody !!

I'm a user of a MIO P550, which are two clones : The Airis T620 and the Yakumo DeltaX. These three pda are on wm5.

I compared the rom on my PDA with various ROMS, and i have noticed that the characteristics of my pda are the same ones as eten X.500.

I haved try to upgrade my pda with ETEN X.500 wm6 rom , but the pda does not start any more: S

I do not want to repair my pda, but I will like to know if you had ideas, to return this rom compatible with my pda

Great great thanks !!

Nixeus

the mio is a totally different device from the atom. unless, someone here has it as a second device. you're better off asking this question in the scoter community: http://www.miousers.co.uk/

tjlabais

Oct 31, 2007

Hi kaidi,

I never got the chance to use this. Could you try this? it works for the atom exec. might work for atom. it has options which part to update. btw, the drop down box does not respond to the click of the mouse you just have to press arrow down for the options.

cheers,
:cool:

Attachments

• DSUU-BYPART.zip
    132.8 KB · Views: 108

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
the mio is a totally different device from the atom. unless, someone here has it as a second device. you're better off asking this question in the scoter community: http://www.miousers.co.uk/

Thank for your answer !
But i don't understand, because the mio p550 has the same one processor, wifi, gps..... So why tell you that "mio is a totally different device " .

If there are the same processor and gps and wifi, it may be possible to adapt the rom ???

Please !! :(
I am programmor, so i want to adapt the eten x500 rom for my pda ! Please give me information !!! Please !! No mio user can help me, so you are my last hope !

Great thank, and sorry for my bad english !

ckaidi

May 25, 2007
Singapore
Hi kaidi,

I never got the chance to use this. Could you try this? it works for the atom exec. might work for atom. it has options which part to update. btw, the drop down box does not respond to the click of the mouse you just have to press arrow down for the options.

cheers,
:cool:

Bro its not working for me...got error "cant create window/temp" :p

yass

Aug 14, 2005
Where do I find Jiggs ATOM WM6 Kitchen? Ive only found abusalza's but it doesnt corespond with this guide.

regards
yass

aldiersa

Dec 13, 2007
hi garmin, can you assist me to upgrade ROM O2 XDA Atom life ( LIMITED EDITION ) mine.. before my it have never done this matter, I hope you give the way is precise very to upgrade it..
thank...