Official ICS & JELLY BEAN discussion/speculation thread

Search This thread

HansiHusten

Dec 19, 2006
I have successfully flashed the UK version (P-7510) of the ICS 4.0.4 onto my Hongkong version 4.0.4 using ODIN. I was not able to flash the ROM using PDA in ODIN, I instead used CSC and it worked flawlessly. And the tab is working great. If I understand this right ROMs had to be flashed using PDA and Modems/Radios etc needs to be flashed using CSC...I am using ODIN 1.85...Did I do something wrong? My tab is wroking fine, just worried if I need to re-do it/if it might have a bug etc

So you tried it in CSC mode, hmm k, opening post says PDA would be better so I am unsure which one I should use.
Tried to find out the real difference between PDA and CSC but until now I didnt find anything satisfying. Maybe someone else can clear this for us
All I found was CSC has something to do with your location? Not sure..

Well flashing right now with PDA settings. I will try not to wipe afterwars.. will report soon
alright looks good, no errors, all apps there. great.

Last edited:

rafabr4

Jun 7, 2012
ICS 4.0.4 Rolling out in Europe

So finally, Samsung is rolling out the update to ICS 4.0.4 in Europe for a specific model. Let's hope the developers grab a copy of those roms soon and port the camera driver to one of their incredible roms.

larkable

Jul 28, 2012
So finally, Samsung is rolling out the update to ICS 4.0.4 in Europe for a specific model. Let's hope the developers grab a copy of those roms soon and port the camera driver to one of their incredible roms.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29635702&postcount=650

This guy has posted a back camera update, no front camera yet. I'm waiting for the front camera to be fixed and then I will be upgrading to CM10. :)

The developers around here are freaking amazing.

nicocarbone

Aug 2, 2012
Does anyone know if the UK version supports Spanish language? Can I use it to flash my Argentinian Tab (made in Brazil) through ODIN?
Thanks you.

Dreameagl

May 8, 2012
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29635702&postcount=650

This guy has posted a back camera update, no front camera yet. I'm waiting for the front camera to be fixed and then I will be upgrading to CM10. :)

The developers around here are freaking amazing.
Here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1808015) is the link for the thread for the ICS Rom from Task650 with fully working cameras etc. Right now it is almost stock, but will be updated. Works like a charm for me :good:

terrorblind

Aug 7, 2008
Copenhagen
sorry for my noobish question..

But i'm on stock 3.2 rooted... do i have to un-root to install 4.04? Ie install on top of rooted stock rom or should i install stock rom with no root and then proceed flashing ICS?

I would really like to install it, since its not available here in the Nordics yet :(

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

patriciocs

May 31, 2011
Santiago
sorry for my noobish question..

But i'm on stock 3.2 rooted... do i have to un-root to install 4.04? Ie install on top of rooted stock rom or should i install stock rom with no root and then proceed flashing ICS?

I would really like to install it, since its not available here in the Nordics yet :(

Thanks in advance
You don't need to root. Just download the firmware from Sammobile, and use ODIN to upgrade your tab. You can check http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1808701 for further instructions.

Reactions: terrorblind

terrorblind

Aug 7, 2008
Copenhagen
Last edited:

Raistlin1

Oct 1, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply... but it is rooted already.. do i need to remove root? before i proceed? i cant find the answer to that question anywhere

Got Odin and the tar file already and booted into DL mode...

Thanks again

I installed the UK ICS rom via Odin on my rooted tab that had CWM on it and a JB alpha rom, I did not unroot before hand.

I did have a problem where the GT got stuck on the samsung splash screen, so I rebooted into DL mode and chose the stock recovery and then did a complete wipe and rebooted. (this wiped my entire tab so the internal storage was wiped but I had backed up all my files on there previously) That did the trick and I have stock ICS without root, then following the directions for installing CWM and then flashing the root zip to gain root, all is well now.

Reactions: terrorblind

renaudmanda

Aug 2, 2012
Access to samsung account (france) after ICS UK upgrade

Hello guys,

I updated my galaxy tab GT-P7510 using the stock ROM ICS 4.0.4 for UK device. Everything works well excepted when I try to link my Gtab to my samsung account.

I tried several things, wipe completely the device, create a new account ... But it always failed.

When I try to use my old account, during the login, the samsung server reply: "Failed to connect" (It's not a password issue)

When I create a new account, I can login but when I try to download an app from the samsung store, the system ask me again for my ID and finish with an error: "You cannot access to the store due to a country restriction ..."

All tries were done from France, and I think that the trouble come from the ROM (UK) which is different from my country (France). It's not a big issue, but I use since long time the samsung Ebook app and I would like to be able to use it with ICS ....

Someone got this kind of trouble after the upgrade ? Any tips will be appreciate :)

Thanks for your feedback
Manda

nicocarbone

Aug 2, 2012
Thank you for your advice guys.

I could flash ICS to my GTab without issues. However, it is not as fluid as I expected. Better than HC, but not by much. It is specially bad when switching between homescreens. Any advice on making it a bit more buttery?

I don't want to flash a custom rom, at least until CM10 is mature enough. I actually like TouchWiz, but if there is a lighter launcher out there, I may try it.

Raistlin1

Oct 1, 2010
Hello guys,

I updated my galaxy tab GT-P7510 using the stock ROM ICS 4.0.4 for UK device. Everything works well excepted when I try to link my Gtab to my samsung account.

I tried several things, wipe completely the device, create a new account ... But it always failed.

When I try to use my old account, during the login, the samsung server reply: "Failed to connect" (It's not a password issue)

When I create a new account, I can login but when I try to download an app from the samsung store, the system ask me again for my ID and finish with an error: "You cannot access to the store due to a country restriction ..."

All tries were done from France, and I think that the trouble come from the ROM (UK) which is different from my country (France). It's not a big issue, but I use since long time the samsung Ebook app and I would like to be able to use it with ICS ....

Someone got this kind of trouble after the upgrade ? Any tips will be appreciate :)

Thanks for your feedback
Manda

I had the same problem when I tried to log into my samsung account, I know PW is correct but I get the same message as you. For now I am just ignoring it and not using it.

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
Thank you for your advice guys.

I could flash ICS to my GTab without issues. However, it is not as fluid as I expected. Better than HC, but not by much. It is specially bad when switching between homescreens. Any advice on making it a bit more buttery?

I don't want to flash a custom rom, at least until CM10 is mature enough. I actually like TouchWiz, but if there is a lighter launcher out there, I may try it.

Nova /Apex

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a forum for smartphones and tablets.

If you want to talk politics, go somewhere else - such discussion is not welcome here.
    Mod edit:
    No offence intended to the original OP but this thread has strayed far from it's original purpose.
    So from here on out, it's now the focal point for all ICS-related discussion and all the spam that accompanies that.​

Mod edit #2:
    This is now also the official discussion speculation thread for Jelly Bean.
    Given there hasn't been an official ICS release yet, I see no reason to have two speculation threads on the go at the same time.​

-Step666

Edit #3: ICS Has officially been released in the UK and developers have already made roms for it. Please go to http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1053 for Latest information about ICS ROMs.
    The thread has been cleaned and re-opened - please refrain from dragging it off-topic again.

If people do insist on dragging this down into petty bickering and flaming, they will face serious sanctions.
    I don't mind to be thanked, maybe you do, but I liked to take your mood down lol
    Anyway this the truth, you like it or not.

Actually, this is as far from the truth as it can be

It is speculation based on speculation, the fact that you consider it for "the truth" can only show how big your ego is and how wrong you can be.

The only thing "truth" about your statement is the fact that you like to take "our mood down", ie: Being a troll!
    I now have started a petition to collect users demanding an ICS-update for Galaxy Tabs 10.1, Tab 8.9, Tab 7.7, Tab 7.0 Plus including source code now.

The link is as followed:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ics-android-40-ice-cream-sandwich-update-for/

Ok, I don't even know why I am contributing to your trollish post....but in case you didn't know Samsung has planned to release ics....

so...

Why would anyone sign such a petition?????

As for the "demanding" and "now".... well I am sure they could give the update now but I strongly believe it will be as buggy as hell...just look at the sgs2 ics update...

For the last time I take part to such conversation. Be well everyone!

Sent from my amazing 10.1 galaxy tab :)