Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thunderising

Aug 20, 2012
Manipal
www.techenclave.com
Introducing, a new ROM based on the amazing acervenky's Vision™Rom,

TinyXperiaLite™

Many people want simple, fast and bloat free ROMs. They only want the bare minimum ROM so that they can freely add and tweak (the ROM or directly, the sources) so as to customize it as they please. I know I do. I want to take a minimum ROM, flash it on my phone and then add AC!D Audio Engine 5.0 and Sony Xperia T Small Apps to it. These are my personal modifications that suit me. And similarly, there will be modifications that will suit others as well. So, presenting TinyXperiaLite. The main purpose of this ROM is to enable you to make what you want for your device. Add apps, features, change boot animation, add ring tones and what not because this ROM weighs in only at 76 MB (for Release v0.1) and can support all your demands.

IMPORTANT

You need to have flashed Stock ICS FTF before you flash this ROM. It's okay if you're using another ROM (as long as that ROM is based on Stock ICS itself).

DO NOT FLASH this ZIP if you are coming from CM/AOSP/AOKP.

MODS to try

Camera Mod 4.7.2 Cyber-shot™ With HDR

Bootanimations Collection

Status Bars

On Screen Button Enabler

Android 4.2 Keyboard & Camera

Xperia T Small Apps

AC!D Audio Engine v5.0 NXT

Swap your real SD card and Internal memory

Stock Sony Xperia Launcher [CWM]

PlayStation Mobile for your Xperia

FEATURES

Clean ROM based on Stock ICS
Clean doesn't mean not loaded with useful features :p

BUGS

You tell

HOW TO INSTALL [IMPORTANT]

Back up your current ROM (Nandroid Backup)
Flash Clean Stock ICS .54 FW
Flash ZIP
Wipe Dalvik Cache ONLY (DON'T WIPE DATA)
DO NOT DO A FACTORY RESET
Reboot

Stock ICS 6.1.1.B.1.54 WORLD Official FTF

(Locked Bootloaders will lose CWM. Don't panic, simply install it again)

CWM Recovery
(for Locked Bootloader)

DOWNLOADS

TinyXperiaLite™ v0.5

TinyXperiaLite™ v0.3

TinyXperiaLite™ v0.2

TinyXperiaLite™ v0.1

CHANGELOG

Changelog for TinyXperiaLite™ v0.1
Removed all non-essential features. What you want, you install or add. Completely up to you. You control the ROM.

Changelog for TinyXperiaLite™ v0.2
NUMEROUS CHANGES to the ROM. Fixed Album and Visualizer which were giving FC error. Also, changed launcher to Xperia Home. Want to maintain stock feel. Changed SystemUI. Added Clock and Music Widgets Apks. Added Velvet apk for working Google Now. Switched to File Manager.

Changelog for TinyXperiaLite™ v0.3
De-bloated, removed unnecessary int.d prop lines. Removed Chrome. Removed Google Now. Replaced SystemUI and updated QuickPanelSettings.
Buggy release, discarded.

Changelog for TinyXperiaLite™ v0.5
Based on Vision™ROM v4 by acervenky.

SCREENSHOTS

Help me out here

CREDITS

acervenky, for this amazing work

Min3r, for his immense help

Vision™Rom For Xperia U

DISCLAIMER

Please don't blame me if you BRICK your phone. I will not be held responsible. You are using my work only because you choose to, and you must remember that this is experimental and the user should know the risks involved in using a custom ROM.

Also, I will not be held responsible for any lost data.

Additionally, I will also not be held responsible for the End of the World (blame the Mayans for that), or for Thermo Nuclear War.​

Last edited:

thunderising

Aug 20, 2012
Manipal
www.techenclave.com
Battery & RAM Tweaking Guide

Battery Calibration Tutorial

FOR THOSE WITH BATTERY PROBLEMS:

1. After flashing your phone with a new ROM, install this software:

BATTERY CALIBRATOR on Play Store - 47 KB size

2. Then, charge your phone to 100%.

3. IMPORTANT. Remove CHARGER first.

4. IMMEDIATELY hit "Battery Calibration" (1 or 2 seconds delay is fine, wait for BATTERY voltage to drop and be stable)

5. Use your phone normally (don't charge in between) till it hits 1%.

6. Then charge your phone UNINTERRUPTED (leave it for charging all night) till 100%.

7. Unplug and start using. You should be having as little as 2-3% battery drain for 6-8 hours of IDLING now. That's the optimization of a calibrated battery.​

Extra Battery Saving Tips:

1. Set a brightness level. Do not use Auto Brightness, it sips more power in turn.
2. Set ROTATION to OFF if you are not using Landscape Mode at all.
3. Use EXTENDED BATTERY Mode if you actively use WiFi/Mobile Data.

RAM Cleaning

- Do not use task killers

- Freeze/Move to Quarantine those APPS which you DO NOT USE regularly and you don't want them TO RUN IN THE BACKGROUND

APP QUARANTINE on Play Store

Go ahead, try it. Move all unwanted apps to quarantine now!

DEEP SLEEP STATE battery saving

Your phone sips the least amount of power when it is in DEEP SLEEP STATE. There is a new app in the marketplace which can FORCE DEEP SLEEP STATE on your phone. This is especially useful if you want the phone to conserve battery for hours and then wake up for a minute and sync all new alerts in one go. This can help prolong your usage on a single charge.

DEEP SLEEP BATTERY SAVER on Play Store

This app is under development and can be found on XDA developers forums itself. Here's the link to the thread:

[APP] [2.1+] Deep Sleep Battery Saver

How Deep sleep Battery Saver works

Deepsleep battery saver constantly puts the device to deepsleep mode while screen off. During deepsleep mode, Wifi, 3G are turned off, background apps are stopped. Therefore, most apps are not working, including Facebook, Google Service, etc,. It then constantly wakes up in order to download email, sync Facebook status, etc, which is defined by deepsleep frequency and woke up duration

By constantly put device into deepsleep mode, we will save battery life due to no Internet connection, and therefore most of network-based apps, such as Facebook, Gmail will not work.

Caution: during deepsleep mode on, this app may disrupt your normal activities, such as your email notification comes with larger delay.
In advanced mode, you can customize more parameters, including day/night settings, active period, screen timeout, sync strategy, ignored apps, etc,.

WALLPAPERS

Here is a 70 pack wallpapers uploaded by me. Remember, you can share your wallpapers too!

DOWNLOAD

Some of the wallpaper screenshots.

Attachments

• __Feel_Summer_Again__-1920x1200.jpg
    __Feel_Summer_Again__-1920x1200.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 301
  • 08-1406wp.jpg
    08-1406wp.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 016844833.jpg
    016844833.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 261
  • abstract-bluelights-1280x800-.jpg
    abstract-bluelights-1280x800-.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

Chukudu

Nov 15, 2012
Cochin
Good to see another ROM.. Ll try n let u know how it goes.. Thank you..

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app

thunderising

Aug 20, 2012
Manipal
www.techenclave.com
Reactions: pajerm
M

maazdraco

Screenshots please! :)

Nice to see such a good rom. No bloatware, ICS, very small file size... Wow... Amazing

Sent from my ST25i using xda premium

Chukudu

Nov 15, 2012
Cochin
Screenshots..!!!

Here are the screen shots from Tiny Xperia Lite v 0.1

2z5nn0w.png
25z15ao.png

v6lzi8.png
110hkiw.png

wasumq.png
j0xxrr.png

Thank you for the ROM.. Works fine.. No bugs so far.. Audio, Camera and Others working good.. :good:
Lack of governors is the lack i see.. ;)
Hope you include it in your next release.. :cool:

Note: Font is modded by me.. Actual font is Stock :)

Reactions: thunderising

thunderising

Aug 20, 2012
Manipal
www.techenclave.com
Here are the screen shots from Tiny Xperia Lite v 0.1

2z5nn0w.png
25z15ao.png

v6lzi8.png
110hkiw.png

wasumq.png
j0xxrr.png

Thank you for the ROM.. Works fine.. No bugs so far.. Audio, Camera and Others working good.. :good:
Lack of governors is the lack i see.. ;)
Hope you include it in your next release.. :cool:

Note: Font is modded by me.. Actual font is Stock :)

How do I add governers for the ROM? If I find out, I most definitely will.

Also, THANK YOU FOR THE SCREENS.

And finally, do you think I should stick to the launcher or move to XperiaLauncher?

Reactions: Chukudu
M

maazdraco

Best rom for our Xperia U. Period. I actually have a locked bootloader and don't want to unlock it. I want to upgrade to ICS but B.10 is slow, .54 has many bugs and C.10 is branded. So I guess I'll have a go on this rom
No offense but r u sure that this rom has everything working despite its small size... And what is the difference between this and infinity rom besides the size. I mean if something is reduced in size then something has to be less. No offense. Thank you

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Can you please give me the instructions on how to install for locked bootloader. Is it an ftf file or will I have to root..?

thunderising

Aug 20, 2012
Manipal
www.techenclave.com
Best rom for our Xperia U. Period. I actually have a locked bootloader and don't want to unlock it. I want to upgrade to ICS but B.10 is slow, .54 has many bugs and C.10 is branded. So I guess I'll have a go on this rom
No offense but r u sure that this rom has everything working despite its small size... And what is the difference between this and infinity rom besides the size. I mean if something is reduced in size then something has to be less. No offense. Thank you

Removed all non-essential features. What you want, you install or add. Completely up to you. You control the ROM.

NUMEROUS CHANGES to the ROM. Loads of them. Fixed Album and Visualizer which were giving FC error. Also, changed launcher to Xperia Home. Want to maintain stock feel.

Changed SystemUI. Added Clock and Music Widgets Apks. Added Velvet apk for working Google Now.

M

maazdraco

Its awesome but please tell me the instructions on how to install it for locked bootloader. Is it an ftf file or will I have to root..?

n2droid

Nov 5, 2010
Athens
alternativeto.net
does it come with a default keyboard? and if yes, which one?
- I enjoy xperia kb's sliding function in both english and greek a bit too much to give up.

[edit, since we're already talking about this rom, my staple lockscreen request!]
is it possible to change the camera shortcut to mute (like it was in stock GB ?) - much more useful imo - considering the camera is sub-par anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing, a new ROM based on the amazing acervenky's Vision™Rom,

TinyXperiaLite™

Many people want simple, fast and bloat free ROMs. They only want the bare minimum ROM so that they can freely add and tweak (the ROM or directly, the sources) so as to customize it as they please. I know I do. I want to take a minimum ROM, flash it on my phone and then add AC!D Audio Engine 5.0 and Sony Xperia T Small Apps to it. These are my personal modifications that suit me. And similarly, there will be modifications that will suit others as well. So, presenting TinyXperiaLite. The main purpose of this ROM is to enable you to make what you want for your device. Add apps, features, change boot animation, add ring tones and what not because this ROM weighs in only at 76 MB (for Release v0.1) and can support all your demands.

IMPORTANT

You need to have flashed Stock ICS FTF before you flash this ROM. It's okay if you're using another ROM (as long as that ROM is based on Stock ICS itself).

DO NOT FLASH this ZIP if you are coming from CM/AOSP/AOKP.

MODS to try

Camera Mod 4.7.2 Cyber-shot™ With HDR

Bootanimations Collection

Status Bars

On Screen Button Enabler

Android 4.2 Keyboard & Camera

Xperia T Small Apps

AC!D Audio Engine v5.0 NXT

Swap your real SD card and Internal memory

Stock Sony Xperia Launcher [CWM]

PlayStation Mobile for your Xperia

FEATURES

Clean ROM based on Stock ICS
    Clean doesn't mean not loaded with useful features :p

BUGS

You tell

HOW TO INSTALL [IMPORTANT]

Back up your current ROM (Nandroid Backup)
    Flash Clean Stock ICS .54 FW
    Flash ZIP
    Wipe Dalvik Cache ONLY (DON'T WIPE DATA)
    DO NOT DO A FACTORY RESET
    Reboot

Stock ICS 6.1.1.B.1.54 WORLD Official FTF

(Locked Bootloaders will lose CWM. Don't panic, simply install it again)

CWM Recovery
    (for Locked Bootloader)

DOWNLOADS

TinyXperiaLite™ v0.5

TinyXperiaLite™ v0.3

TinyXperiaLite™ v0.2

TinyXperiaLite™ v0.1

CHANGELOG

NUMEROUS CHANGES to the ROM. Fixed Album and Visualizer which were giving FC error. Also, changed launcher to Xperia Home. Want to maintain stock feel. Changed SystemUI. Added Clock and Music Widgets Apks. Added Velvet apk for working Google Now. Switched to File Manager.

Changelog for TinyXperiaLite™ v0.3
    De-bloated, removed unnecessary int.d prop lines. Removed Chrome. Removed Google Now. Replaced SystemUI and updated QuickPanelSettings.
    Buggy release, discarded.

Changelog for TinyXperiaLite™ v0.5
    Based on Vision™ROM v4 by acervenky.

SCREENSHOTS

Help me out here

CREDITS

acervenky, for this amazing work

Min3r, for his immense help

Vision™Rom For Xperia U

DISCLAIMER

Please don't blame me if you BRICK your phone. I will not be held responsible. You are using my work only because you choose to, and you must remember that this is experimental and the user should know the risks involved in using a custom ROM.

Also, I will not be held responsible for any lost data.

Additionally, I will also not be held responsible for the End of the World (blame the Mayans for that), or for Thermo Nuclear War.​
    Battery & RAM Tweaking Guide

Battery Calibration Tutorial

FOR THOSE WITH BATTERY PROBLEMS:

1. After flashing your phone with a new ROM, install this software:

BATTERY CALIBRATOR on Play Store - 47 KB size

2. Then, charge your phone to 100%.

3. IMPORTANT. Remove CHARGER first.

4. IMMEDIATELY hit "Battery Calibration" (1 or 2 seconds delay is fine, wait for BATTERY voltage to drop and be stable)

5. Use your phone normally (don't charge in between) till it hits 1%.

6. Then charge your phone UNINTERRUPTED (leave it for charging all night) till 100%.

7. Unplug and start using. You should be having as little as 2-3% battery drain for 6-8 hours of IDLING now. That's the optimization of a calibrated battery.​

Extra Battery Saving Tips:

1. Set a brightness level. Do not use Auto Brightness, it sips more power in turn.
    2. Set ROTATION to OFF if you are not using Landscape Mode at all.
    3. Use EXTENDED BATTERY Mode if you actively use WiFi/Mobile Data.

RAM Cleaning

- Do not use task killers

- Freeze/Move to Quarantine those APPS which you DO NOT USE regularly and you don't want them TO RUN IN THE BACKGROUND

APP QUARANTINE on Play Store

Go ahead, try it. Move all unwanted apps to quarantine now!

DEEP SLEEP STATE battery saving

Your phone sips the least amount of power when it is in DEEP SLEEP STATE. There is a new app in the marketplace which can FORCE DEEP SLEEP STATE on your phone. This is especially useful if you want the phone to conserve battery for hours and then wake up for a minute and sync all new alerts in one go. This can help prolong your usage on a single charge.

DEEP SLEEP BATTERY SAVER on Play Store

This app is under development and can be found on XDA developers forums itself. Here's the link to the thread:

[APP] [2.1+] Deep Sleep Battery Saver

How Deep sleep Battery Saver works

Deepsleep battery saver constantly puts the device to deepsleep mode while screen off. During deepsleep mode, Wifi, 3G are turned off, background apps are stopped. Therefore, most apps are not working, including Facebook, Google Service, etc,. It then constantly wakes up in order to download email, sync Facebook status, etc, which is defined by deepsleep frequency and woke up duration

By constantly put device into deepsleep mode, we will save battery life due to no Internet connection, and therefore most of network-based apps, such as Facebook, Gmail will not work.

Caution: during deepsleep mode on, this app may disrupt your normal activities, such as your email notification comes with larger delay.
    In advanced mode, you can customize more parameters, including day/night settings, active period, screen timeout, sync strategy, ignored apps, etc,.

WALLPAPERS

Here is a 70 pack wallpapers uploaded by me. Remember, you can share your wallpapers too!

DOWNLOAD

Some of the wallpaper screenshots.
    TinyXperiaLite v0.5 based on Vision ROM to be released today

DOWNLOAD TinyXperiaLite v0.5

RELEASED!
    some comments after using it for an hour or so

1. SystemUI/Quicksettings look a bit off; some are stock sony, some are blue (e.g. wifi and battery), lack of uniform style spells 'amateur' to me. I had to install http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2049133 to make it look better

2. As far as 'lightness' goes, a lot of the stuff is gone but quite a few remain (e.g. linkedin/twitter/etc timescape related stuff). Chrome is there,
    so is Walkman. Google Music Play is far from light in any meaningful way. (check Vanilla Music for really lightweight player imo)

3. Trying to show running Apps crashed on the first boot. On subsequent boot it worked (?).

4. Caller photo is warped, instead of filling the square it's squished (i'll have to take a screenshot for that at some point). Notice the grey 'gap' between photo and frame:
    c9vlg6xwh15iz2ied.png

5. Despite the lightness, stock dialer takes a good second to show >_< Back to installing exDialer. The following has nothing to do with OP or this particular ROM I just have to vent; We're in 2012 , running dual-core phones and stock dialer/messaging apps take 2 or 3 seconds to appear FFS! people[/vent]

Other than that, keep it up. you're on a good road (77 mb is nothing compared to other ROMs out there).

@amirzano above, OP mentions 6.1.1.B.1.10, and true enough, it is.