The Note or the HTC One X?

Search This thread

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
My old HTC EVO had a 1800 battery and it never last me a day...HTC isn't known for good battery life..It will be interesting to see if there are complaints about battery life..

letters_to_cleo

Jan 23, 2012
Portsmouth, N.H.
I wouldn't mind trading or replacing my Note and going over to the One X...

The only part that got me wary is the fact that I read on mixed bag reviews on its battery life... It's not even comparable with the Battery performance of the Note...

Yeah its Quadcore up against just the dual core, and battery power might be one of the major thing on a quad core device... so at the end, I guess I'll just keep my Note for now....

No matter how power pack your phone is (quad-core and everything)... if it will not last you for less than a day... then it ain't good getting it in the first place... what's the point of having a quadcore phone when you can't get the best potential that it can offer you... because the battery would just conked out in just after few hours of using it....

Note still has an edge.. for now, until a really good smartphone device will be release..... (S3 perhaps? :D)

lefffen1

Sep 16, 2010
I preordered the One X one month ago but a couple of days ago I changed my mind and picked up a Note instead. For me the bigger screen and 16:10 format of the Note along with replaceable battery, micro SD slot and S-pen is more important than a little bit better performance.

What really made me change my mind though was the first pic in this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24218508&postcount=1
The One X just looks so small in comparison to the Note.

bleclair

Jan 24, 2010
Albuquerque
It's WAY smaller and a bit lighter. But man, going back to surfing or reading, playing Angry Birds etc... So much nicer on the Note's bigger screen.

sprintuser1977

Aug 30, 2011
Barney,Ga
At this point 4 cores is pointless. Just a marketing ploy and not needed by far. No apps or games are even close to pushing dual cores to the limit at the moment or near future. It's a nice phone but I need the big screen at this point

From the big ole Note

THFourteen

Mar 20, 2012
I was due a new phone this month (had an iphone 4 but wanted to switch to android), and i was pretty much dead set on a One X.

For some reason at the last minute, i impulse bought a Note on Amazon. I really dont regret it. I dont play games much on my phone so not worried about the quad core or tegra 3, and i love the screen size on the note. I can't see myself going back to a "small" phone, so i may well be tied into yearly note upgrades from now on. I really hope there is a note 2!

But the one x looks like a great phone so i'm sure you'll be happy with that if you go that way.

tomah

Dec 15, 2010
Reading through this thread really made up my mind, I'm ordering my white Note this very instance!

octavian90

Mar 10, 2012
Just looked at the one x and the thing that compels me most is build quality. I actually don't like the shiny plastic back of the note...it's really my only complaint. I prefer a rubbery texture, and it seems the one x has that.

can't argue with the sheer COLOSSAL BEAUTY that is the note though.

MrEous

Mar 24, 2008
DFW, TX
In the first day, I felt like the Note might have been a little too big...but it grew on me quick.

The Note has seriously ruined me to a lot of other phones now. I was messing with my wife's 4s the other day and it just feels like a toy. Further down the road it's going to be hard choosing a follow-up to my Note if there isn't anything close to the same size.

sprintuser1977

Aug 30, 2011
Barney,Ga
Not saying anyone in this thread is guilty of this thinking but what I've found a lot of is people mistaking weight for build quality.
I see it in other forums tons and it cracks me up how someone will mistake that because a phone weighs 10lbs it must be built well and vice versa

From the big ole Note

antiochasylum

Inactive Recognized Contributor
You guys do realize that the 1.5 dual core S4 krait chip IS faster than the tegra 3 right?

1.5 dual core krait - based on cortex a-15

1.5 quad core T3. - based on cortex a-9. Almost 40% slower than the cortex a-15.

Proof.

http://briefmobile.com/htc-one-x-snapdragon-s4-krait-vs-nvidia-tegra-3-comparison

So no. Yes it is faster. Yes I have thought about it. No I would not switch. The Tegra chip set has never impressed me. Ever. Just because its the first quad core doesn't mean its outstanding. Maybe in GPU terms. But when a dual core kicks is ass. No thanks. Stick to computers NVidia.

However I can't wait for a different exynos chip set based on the A-15. Which the newer chip set is supposed to be based on. Rumored 2.0 dual core, exynos. FREAKING BEAST.

Sent from my bling bling ICS stunnah

Last edited:

JOHNGAETANO

Jun 3, 2010
Ohio
I have both phones currently. Received a One X yesterday via Expansys. After 24 hours with the X, I miss the Note.

The X is a really really nice phone. Fast, great screen, well built, great looking, and sense is a joy to use. It's really a huge improvement if your coming from any phone with a smaller screen.

What I miss, is the screen size, and the battery life. There are times I wish the Note was a fuzz smaller, but the first thing I noticed while using the X is the small screen. Ha, who would have thought 4.7 was small. The battery life on the X isn't bad at all, but it's not Note like. I cant truly comment on battery life after 24 hours, but I feel the X will give me 12 hours, the Note is an easy 16.

About the speed. Things are zippy on the X, but I do notice sense does lag at times.

Again, I'm really impressed with the One X. It's an amazing phone. I just miss the Notes screen and worry free battery. And oddly, the Note feels better in my larger sized hands.

John

Bxsteez

Jun 9, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'm not currently dealing with the same dilemma but I did own a Note and Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus one the battle for me although its drastically slower. The big driver for me was blacking issue and the form factor. Anyway.. What i found was the same time it takes for you to get use to having a large screen is the amount of time it takes for you adjust back to not having one.

Aaron over at phonedog had the same transition issues.

Personally I'm looking to the One X to get rid of the painfully slow Nexus.

azeter

Jan 14, 2005
guyz don't waste ur hard earned money on the one x no it only looks pretty but trust me within no time one will get back to the note battery doesn't last for than 2hrs max :mad::mad:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
My friend got the One X so we compared it to my Galaxy Note. No bias here mate, just some facts - and no guys, that's not a professional review, just some simple average folk everyday use tests:

- In terms of Android UI - Note performs faster. Maybe because the One is plagues by Sense.
- In terms of opening apps - Haven't noticed any difference.
- In terms of benchmarking - Note got higher scores.
- In terms of gaming - One X performs 5-10 FPS better.
- In terms of battery life - Note simply crushed the opponent. After doing everything exactly the same - Note got 62% left while X got 28%.

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing phone, but it's surprising to see that the newest quad-core device can't outperform not-so-new one.

Conclusion ? If you don't want 5,3" screen cause it's too big - get One X, you'll be very happy with it ( maybe not about the battery though ). If you want the size, stylus and better battery - go for Note.

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
I really can't understand some of the things I read on this thread.

One thing is: which is best or which do I prefer? To me, there's no objective answer to this question. I have both phones pre-ordered, but I will go for One X only because even though I have big hands, I find 5.3" to big to carry around as a phone. But I know I'll always be thinking of GNote. GNote has a WOW factor, One X not so much.

Other thing is facts: One X outperforms Note and SGII on benchmarks. WATCH the reviews. S4 is not better or significantly better than Tegra 3. It's best at some benchmarks, worst at others. See Anandtech's review: not the one with S4 prototype - which achieves awesome results due to some tweaks -, but the one comparing One X and One S where screen resolution does not interfere - since One X is 720p and One S's is lower.

One X has better screen, better build quality. Note has better, removable battery and SD card slot. One X, stupidly, not. One X doesn't even have USB OTG function right now.

hagba

Nov 9, 2008
Yerevan
My friend got the One X so we compared it to my Galaxy Note. No bias here mate, just some facts - and no guys, that's not a professional review, just some simple average folk everyday use tests:

- In terms of Android UI - Note performs faster. Maybe because the One is plagues by Sense.
- In terms of opening apps - Haven't noticed any difference.
- In terms of benchmarking - Note got higher scores.
- In terms of gaming - One X performs 5-10 FPS better.
- In terms of battery life - Note simply crushed the opponent. After doing everything exactly the same - Note got 62% left while X got 28%.

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing phone, but it's surprising to see that the newest quad-core device can't outperform not-so-new one.

Conclusion ? If you don't want 5,3" screen cause it's too big - get One X, you'll be very happy with it ( maybe not about the battery though ). If you want the size, stylus and better battery - go for Note.

So what does it make out of the Note,with the the better comparison and the bigger screen which is a definite plus at least for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Took my sister new phone shopping today, it boiled down to the note like mine, or the one x.

she opted for the one x.

I got a chance to play around with it and play with it side by side with my note.

The screen is gorgeous on both, and aside from the fact that the note has a bigger screen, the picture quality is identical to my admittedly untrained eye.

I have never thought my note was laggy, however, next to the one x, there was some noticable choppiness that just wasn't evident when i had nothing to compare to. Side by side, the one x is noticeably smoother.

the camera on the one x was fantastic. great quality pictures, and fantastic shutter speed, i was able to snap pics repeatedly in great quality. I have never had any problem with the camera on my note, it produces great photos, but the one x camera beats it.

I did however notice in the 20 minutes or so I got to play with the one x that the battery did dip quite a bit. Perhaps an unfair comparison, as I've removed all the bloat from the note, and have a custom kernel, but there it is.

25gb free dropbox looks good too, it's built in to the os, and prompts you to claim it on first boot.

honestly, if my contract was up for renewal today, I'd still pick the note. Screen size, s-pen, battery life, changeable battery, and sd card slot make it the choice for me. however, it would be a much tougher choice than it was 3 months ago.

Both good phones, and there is no right or wrong choice. The one x and the note are top of the class at the moment.
    Anyone who cannot make up their own mind and needs to ask for other people to tell them what to buy really really needs to go and buy an iPhone..
    so after using my dad's one x for 2 days I've come up with an analogy.

The one x is like a powerful Mercedes, and the note like a bigger luxurious but slower rolls Royce.
    The Mercedes can accerelate much faster, even though it's unnessecary (you can think of it as speed limits or traffic congestion).
    In addition to the unnessecary speed, it also sucks way more fuel to speed itself unnecessarily to the next red light. The rolls Royce gets there faster than other cars, but not quite as fast as the Mercedes.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    Listen guys, I have a super secret to share with everyone, ssshhhhhh.........

Benchmarks don't mean donkey dung
    Ok, not really a secret, just a reminder. Carry on :)

From the big ole Note
    I honestly don't need 4 cores. The Note has a huge screen, which is something I DO need. The large battery has always lasted me a full day, even with heavy usage, I can't say the same about ANY other device I've ever used aside from the Blackberries (prior to the 7 devices, which have horrible battery life).

I'm happy with this device. The large screen is perfect for reading, and typing. The S-Pen helps me out a lot when I need it. Battery life is great.

What else do I need?

I'm sure I will ONE DAY need a 4 core phone, but it's not close for the time being.

BUT if you enjoy it then go for it :D It looks like a killer device!