SBF/Bootloader Unlocking Blocked on New Atrix

Search This thread

das8nt

Oct 30, 2010
So, I don't mean to start a panic for the remaining Atrix faithful here, but it seems like Motorola has started to block the ability to flash SBF's, including the pudding/IHOP files, on New and replacement Atrix phones. I've been in discussions with at least three recipients of replacement devices over the last three days that all have the same issue.

Anytime any SBF file is flashed to the device it fails with the error SFV:106:1:2 Unable to reenumerate device (or something similar). It does not put you into fastboot or give you the options it used to, you simply have to battery pull and the phone boots normally as if nothing ever happened. Even the current version SBF for AT&T (4.5.141) will not flash to the phone; it ends in the same error.

Without being able to flash ANY SBFs, that means the bootloader on these new phones remains locked down for the moment. I know we have lost many of our original developers that worked to try to unlock the bootloader the first time, but I also know we have many talented devs currently with us.

Is there anyone able to provide insight as to what might have been changed by Motorola and how we might be able to overcome it?

Here are links to my discussions with them, as well as another post I just found that is similar from a Bell user:

http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=107507

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25167191 (not sure if same situation, sounds possibly similar)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

thegogetter-

Mar 16, 2012
yes it is true. i got my atrix today, i sent it in and i tried to unlock it right away but that proved to be impossible. if you follow those links, i have the exact same symptoms.

dragunbayne

Jul 3, 2008
That is so lame! This was my first Motorola smartphone and I have a feeling it will be my last.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

BKrenning

Jan 28, 2010
Unable to unlock BL

I have had my Atrix 4G for almost 1 year. It was purchased as a refurb directly from AT&T. It came with Froyo on it & I patiently waited for and applied the OTA to 2.3.4 and 2.3.6. I was able to successfully root it but it will not give me the Unique ID when I run "fastboot oem unlock". It says:

C:\fastboot>fastboot oem unlock
(bootloader) OEM unlock is not implemented
OKAY [ 0.001s]
finished. total time: 0.001s

I will get the FUSE and edit this post.

ReservedOdm: 10000000000030001000300000000

Last edited:

das8nt

Oct 30, 2010
I have had my Atrix 4G for almost 1 year. It was purchased as a refurb directly from AT&T. It came with Froyo on it & I patiently waited for and applied the OTA to 2.3.4 and 2.3.6. I was able to successfully root it but it will not give me the Unique ID when I run "fastboot oem unlock". It says:

C:\fastboot>fastboot oem unlock
(bootloader) OEM unlock is not implemented
OKAY [ 0.001s]
finished. total time: 0.001s

I will get the FUSE and edit this post.

You need to flash the "pudding" SBF unlocker file before using the fastboot commands. See the Unlock/IHOP sticky post at the top of the Development section.

Reactions: BKrenning

thegogetter-

Mar 16, 2012
mj0o4n.jpg

this is what i get after trying the automatic unlock tool.

it says unlocked but its not. its not rooted either. what did you use to root? like ^^^ it never showed my unique ID and just hung there.

crnkoj

Feb 16, 2011
mj0o4n.jpg

it says unlocked but its not. its not rooted either. what did you use to root? like ^^^ it never showed my unique ID and just hung there.

how is it not unlocked, if it says unlocked and starts fastboot? just fastboot flash romracers recovery onto it and thats it, than you can flash custom roms.

matthew5025

Dec 23, 2010
So, I don't mean to start a panic for the remaining Atrix faithful here, but it seems like Motorola has started to block the ability to flash SBF's, including the pudding/IHOP files, on New and replacement Atrix phones. I've been in discussions with at least three recipients of replacement devices over the last three days that all have the same issue.

Anytime any SBF file is flashed to the device it fails with the error SFV:106:1:2 Unable to reenumerate device (or something similar). It does not put you into fastboot or give you the options it used to, you simply have to battery pull and the phone boots normally as if nothing ever happened. Even the current version SBF for AT&T (4.5.141) will not flash to the phone; it ends in the same error.

Without being able to flash ANY SBFs, that means the bootloader on these new phones remains locked down for the moment. I know we have lost many of our original developers that worked to try to unlock the bootloader the first time, but I also know we have many talented devs currently with us.

Is there anyone able to provide insight as to what might have been changed by Motorola and how we might be able to overcome it?

Here are links to my discussions with them, as well as another post I just found that is similar from a Bell user:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25167191 (not sure if same situation, sounds possibly similar)

I get that error when
1. I try to flash a SBF file not meant for my phone. (Yeah... Stupid move)
2. There is a hardware problem with my phone.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

mj0o4n.jpg

If it never showed your unique ID, your phone has been unlocked before.

how is it not unlocked, if it says unlocked and starts fastboot? just fastboot flash romracers recovery onto it and thats it, than you can flash custom roms.
It did not start at fastboot automatically, he made it start at fastboot. =D Funny what some people do...

thegogetter-

Mar 16, 2012
When I try to flash a recovery it hangs on waiting on device and doesn't do anything. I tried that already. I don't have root either

BKrenning

Jan 28, 2010
You need to flash the "pudding" SBF unlocker file before using the fastboot commands. See the Unlock/IHOP sticky post at the top of the Development section.

That's what I figured. I was hoping someone had come up with an easier route by now or at least figured out what was in the OTA that is blocking the phone from giving out it's unique id. :confused:

There is a Samsung Note on CL calling my name. Maybe I'll answer it--LOL.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

NFHimself

Mar 12, 2008
Mount Pearl
Off the top of my head, the error from rsd seems like one you get when you try to use a ramloader from ATT with a Bell phone. That is why there were radio sbfs for Bell and for ATT separately.

You have to realise that the sbf files with the unlockable bootloaders are mods of existing sbf files and may simply be out of date with regard to the new phones. You would need a new sbf file to hack in the replacement bootloader. So what you are really looking for is another unlockable bootloader in the wild as part of a sbf that can be stripped down to just the bootloader part.

Or Motorola could just take it's **** out of it's ***.

Cheers!

n1ckr0th

Jun 16, 2010
Atlanta
i sent my atrix to get fixed in the last 3 weeks and i got it back, the bootloader was still unlocked but it needed to be "reminded" of it if you will. it had stock 4.5.151 on it and when it booted up there was no "unlocked" text and i couldn't flash a recovery, so i all i had to do was SBF to 2.3.4 and flash the trololol.sbf and it "reminded" my phone that it was unlocked. during the flashing process it rebooted and showed up as "unlocked" in the corner without having to re "fastboot oem unlock" it and i could flash a recover from there. using the latest RSDLite and Windows XP via Bootcamp with an AT&T Atrix and all AT&T files.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When you first unlock, you burn out an eFuse, after that the phone is unlocked and with the right unlocked (software) bootloader you can flash custom firmware. Once the fuse is gone, it's gone, the trace on the ic can't be recreated. Hardware is Unlocked, Software is Unlocked.

When you flash stock locked bootloader back, your Hardware is still unlocked (fuse is burned out) but you have loaded locked Software. So, you can't flash custom roms; Hardware unlocked, Software locked. As a side effect you remove the screen text.

Question,
    How can you tell if your phone will be locked down or not? Is there a clue in the serial number? Packaging? IMEI?
    The reason I ask is that I just bought a new Atrix on Amazon and am hoping that I don't get sent some of this new stock that has the locked down bootloader.

I don't think there's anything that let's you know from the outside. I have someone going to pull their ODM fuse numbers and see if we can make sense of it. It appears to be a software change that can happen to an existing phone, I'm just not sure what Motorola is actually doing. A few users have received their same IMEI numbered phones back locked down where they had them unlocked previously.

Sent from my Atrix HD MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    Just use the automated boot loader unlock it worked for my friend

Sent from my MB860 using XDA