[Discontinued][ROM][05/10/12] meXdroidMod Fried IceCream3! FINAL

Search This thread

GhostZini

May 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
MJ, u are still tha man. I'm on a sick ass sense 4 Rom for my sensation but after seeing your video I wish I still had my g2. Still got those skillz kid. Love ur work and hope you continue deving on New phone. Let us know what your New device is and tha masses will follow.

sent from a blackhole powered by CoinDroid magicka

LikeaG2root

Apr 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
The custom animations wont work on ICS. As far as a new phone goes...I'm not for sure. It will be a HTC device for sure.

meXdroidMod Fried IceCream 3

Come on, stop procrastinating. You know dam well you are moving on to an HTC One S:)

One S forums are starting to get hot with developers. Need more US based developers like you.

Come on, take the plunge already!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

mjybarr

Jul 18, 2010
www.mexdroidmod.com
Come on, stop procrastinating. You know dam well you are moving on to an HTC One S:)

One S forums are starting to get hot with developers. Need more US based developers like you.

Come on, take the plunge already!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I am waiting for a HTC NVIDIA Tegra 3 pure AOSP 4.0.X device that hopefully has a HDMI port on it. I maybe dreaming haha

LikeaG2root

Apr 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
I am waiting for a HTC NVIDIA Tegra 3 pure AOSP 4.0.X device that hopefully has a HDMI port on it. I maybe dreaming haha

You are dreaming,lol.

Anyways the HTC One S rocks. The snapdragon S4 is as good as advertised. Sense is hard to get rid off especially without the kernel source but aosp is on the horizon. ProTekk from AOKP has joined the party and already has a working aokp build working in its early stages of course. The only issue that aosp fans are going to have with the One S is sacrificing the awesome camera features of the One series like burst mode and others.

I am running Zero One S rom (previously was running black dragon) just released today. It is awesome and has an installer that let's you choose what kind of features you want sense or aosp style.

It is sense based rom but it runs and looks like aosp for the most part. Am loving it!

You need to join the gang. You could do great things and attract a nice following in the S forums. No need to wait for another the device. The One S is here..."the One for You!". LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARSo0DXF01k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my HTC One S using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

mjybarr

Jul 18, 2010
www.mexdroidmod.com
Updated and Final rom

MXDM FIC3 was having problems updated the market because it was themed, couldn't purchase as well. Gtalk now shows up. So in the FINAL release, all is working well. Sorry for any problems. Visit mexdroidmod.com for the FINAL version.

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
Hey mj, how stable is this final release? I'm gonna upgrade my wifes G2 as long as there aren't any major issues. She uses the camera alot that's one of the main reasons I haven't got ICS for her yet. She's still running Atomic, and I'm missing mexdroidmod since I got my amaze lol.

mjybarr

Jul 18, 2010
www.mexdroidmod.com
Hey mj, how stable is this final release? I'm gonna upgrade my wifes G2 as long as there aren't any major issues. She uses the camera alot that's one of the main reasons I haven't got ICS for her yet. She's still running Atomic, and I'm missing mexdroidmod since I got my amaze lol.

Its very stable! I think I maybe ran into 1 graphical glitch, which I rebooted and fixed that issue. Camera works great, mms/sms works great, gps locks in quick....pretty much its a DD. I have been using for a week or so and I am totally happy with it!

meXdroidMod Fried IceCream 3 Final

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
Its very stable! I think I maybe ran into 1 graphical glitch, which I rebooted and fixed that issue. Camera works great, mms/sms works great, gps locks in quick....pretty much its a DD. I have been using for a week or so and I am totally happy with it!

meXdroidMod Fried IceCream 3 Final

Nice! I'll update her phone then. It looks great from the vid you posted I like all the black and blue.

Sent from the morgue.

SnowOokami

Mar 24, 2011
I like this version! kinda strange though... this one works great without supercharger while i need to supercharge audacity b3 ;)

Pantherx12

Jan 12, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
Decided to go ahead and install it anyway, easily best ICS rom I've tried!

Camera is still a lil blurry but it's a lot better than others.

(doesn't seem to be able to focus correctly)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    meXTshirt2-1.png

meXdroidModTeam.png

*mjybarr [dev]
    *144saint [themer]
    * TheNewGuy[dev]
    * noob15 [dev for miXdroidMod MIUI]

We have been working on our own website and now its ready to launch! So go check out www.mexdroidmod.com
    Its not required to register, but it would be awesome if you did haha. So check it out. This is where you will find the team hanging out most of the time. Also search for mexdroidmod on tapatalk! Hope to see you there!

meXdroidMod now can be found on mexdroidmod.com, here(xda), ROM MANAGER androiddoes.net theunlockr.com and now on Android Community.com! So many choices :)

What do the users have to say about meXdroidMod?

By GhostZini: "Absolutely loving new v3! I just benchmarked for the first time with new version and i got 2450!! Thats only oc'ed at 1.1. Wow"

By jivany: "This rom has so much awesome sauce i ported it to my mytouch4g via rom kitchen.!!!!"

By Richard1510: "This is CRAZY! I have had this rom on my phone for 3 days now. I still can't put my phone down. This rom is absolutely AWESOME."

Credits.png

PHP:
    CyanogenMod Team
    waydownsouth aka WDS (kernel/rom help)
    tkirton (apps2sd)
    spiicytuna, mrdaviso, and amazinglarry(Bootsound and Scripts)
    Bignadad (Ported some of his hot pink theme)
    Suhel28(Font Script) 
    Lithid(apk-remover.txt)
    Neffstarr (wallpapers)
    firerat
    rob43  
    alankila (Antti S. Lankila)
    aleho (Alexander Hofbauer)
    atinm
    attn1
    Andromadus
    behnaam (Behnam Fakhimi)
    bekriebel (Brint E. Kriebel)
    blunden
    BuzzBumbleBee
    ChainsDD (Adam Shanks)
    charansingh (Charan Singh)
    cm-gerrit
    codeworkx (Daniel Hillenbrand)
    coolya (Kolja Dummann)
    crzyruski
    ctso (Chris Soyars)
    cvpcs (Austen)
    cyanogen (Steve Kondik)
    darchstar (Ameer Ghouse)
    defer (Diogo Ferreira)
    dudyk (David Kohen)
    eddieringle (Eddie Ringle)
    Eug89
    EyadAboulouz (Eyad Aboulouz)
    HCDRJacob (Jacob Crawley)
    jeagoss (Jef Oliver)
    jhansche (Joe)
    jonasl (Jonas Larsson)
    jt1134
    Kali- (Giulio Cervera)
    KalimochoAz (KalimochoAz)
    kernelzilla (Patrick Jacques)
    KhasMek (Khas'Mek)
    kmobs (Keyan Mobli)
    koush (Koushik Dutta)
    loxK (Lox)
    mtwebster (Michael Webster)
    NCommander
    optedoblivion (Martin Brabham)
    prash (Prash D.)
    PsychoI3oy (Evan)
    raedur (Ryan Craig)
    rmcc (Ricardo Cerqueira)
    scepterr (Max Krivonos)
    sebyx31 (Sébastien Vaucher)
    Shinzul (Shinzul)
    Sven-Dawitz (Sven Dawitz)
    takuo (Takuo Kitame)
    thiasB (Matthias Büchner)
    toastcfh (toastcfh)
    Untouchab1e (Edvard)
    wesgarner (Wes Garner)
    Wysie (Soh Yuan Chin)
    zinx (Christopher Lais)
    Google 
    Sun Java 
    HTC 
    Linux/Unix 
    All human beings 
    And TO EVERYONE ELSE THAT HAS MADE THIS HAPPEN (Your Dev Name Goes Here)

Instructions.png

First I open up file manager and delete the Android and Lost.dir folder, then I proceed with the steps below:

1. Put rom and gapps on SDCARD
    2. BACK UP CURRENT ROM (Just in case)
    3. Do a full wipe (Highly Recommended)
    4. Flash Rom
    5. Flash gapps
    6. Reboot
    7. Enjoy

The meXdroidMod Team is very stoked to bring you all meXdroidMod Fried IceCream!!

Changelog.png

Go to mexdroidmod.com for more info.

Download.png

Download meXdroidMod Fried IceCream!: http://www.mexdroidmod.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=93

We don't except donations. We do what we do for fun! All we ask for is that if you like this rom.... Please rate this rom and hit the "Thanks" tab! Simple..??? I think so :)
    Hi all,

thought I had better make an appearance seeing as how TheNewGuy is talking me up! Bit over the top, but, it's all good... :eek:

Hot tip:
    screen off profiles in setCPU are not required with this ROM... in fact they're not recommended!
    Here's why:
    There is a tiny shell script running as a system service that takes care of this for you...
    I was never happy with the lag whilst using setCPU screen off profiles, due to the fact that it runs as an app on top of Android... there can be quite a bit of delay in Android reporting that the screen is on & that screen on event actually making it through to setCPU... particularly when you've got an incoming call.
    I stumbled upon something pretty cool in the underlying Linux file system (c/o Ziggy & collins_ph) that makes use of 'blocking' files wrt the current screen state & wrote a very simple script to exploit that.
    This will work completely independant of whatever governor (excluding smartass) whatever frequency range you choose & any other setCPU profiles you may use...
    I'll package it up into an flashable zip sometime soon, so that everyone can benefit... this was just a preview for the meXdroidMod crowd.

as for tweaKr... I'll follow up in another post.

HTH

wds
    The ADW theme you see in the pics is the "AndroidPhone7" theme.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
    Glad you all are loving it. We put in a lot of time into this rom.

Sent from SparksMod HotSauce V 0.1
    I don't like getting involved but I kind of feel I may be a voice of reason to diffuse what could turn ugly.

MJ was part of a team that produced two successful G2/DZ ROMs. He was also the one that managed this thread. While the team may not be producing ROMs together, he felt he wanted to continue doing some more work. I feel it is up to him how the thread should be managed, and truthfully, a mis-managed thread tends to die out. If that happens, it happens.

While I get blk's point, it isn't like this is a new thread by someone who has just started doing this work. Maybe he wanted to give people a taste of what ICS Mexdroid could be, or wanted feedback on his choices. Point being, this isn't some new person creating an entirely new thread of "HEY, LOOK AT MY NEW ROM". He is an established person of this community who does some work that people really like. Maybe he will implement some of the old Mexdroid changes that made us enjoy the older ROMs he helped develop.

Blk has been constructive, though maybe the way things were said could have been taken incorrectly. He even went as far producing a flashable zip of changes for others to use, which is more than 99.9% of this board would probably do (myself included).

Too long, didn't read summary: Don't blast on blk, lets see where MJ takes this. It's his thread, let it runs its course. Maybe something great could come of this.