How to UnBrick Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

edwindlaw

Apr 7, 2011
My phone cannot turn on and charge.
Also it cannot connect with usb.

Before brick, its 4.04 CM9. One day its shut down but it can still go to recovery mode.
When I use CWM to wipe data and flash ROM. Its shut down and cannot turn on again.

TwinkyOfHope

Jun 24, 2011
Monterey, CA
This also happened to me, I was never able to fix it though. Couldn't restore through CWM and the gnex tool kit wouldn't flash to stock. ODIN flash failed on me too and now my phone sits at the yellow triangle screen. I ended up ordering a new Nexus and am going to try to sell the other one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

edwindlaw

Apr 7, 2011
Reactions: Erlang2012

mayhem32

Jan 5, 2009
I once had a similar problem. Thought my phone was bricked and was trying all day to recover. Eventually the battery died and it wouldn't turn on or charge even when plugged in with a wall charger. I had to find a different (charged) battery to put into the phone, then was able to boot and recover.

Reactions: _MoHaMaD_

edwindlaw

Apr 7, 2011
I once had a similar problem. Thought my phone was bricked and was trying all day to recover. Eventually the battery died and it wouldn't turn on or charge even when plugged in with a wall charger. I had to find a different (charged) battery to put into the phone, then was able to boot and recover.

i had tried it before, but still not working. I had used three different (charged) battery. But also cannot turn on.

I find Unbrickable for nexus S, Is there any software like that for Glaxy Nexus?

DLD511

May 25, 2012
anahiem
Rguys I have the answer to this. I had problems and fixed my phone with ease (ish =p)

Not required (if you can turn your phone on do these steps)

1. Your gonna need dropbox(decent amount of space I needed 2.5 GB)

Stuff you need (if your phone can't turn on, do this anyways)

2. Wug's Galaxy Nexus Toolkit

3. Experience. =p

Who wants and still need to fix their nexus device from an annoying bug???

n2ishun

Jul 30, 2010
Well since a toolkit (and not understanding how to use it) was what originally fuxored you guys....
Why not try to recovering by using one again hahahahaha.....right ?

You do not need a toolkit of any sort.
And what exactly is dropbox supposed to do for you if your phone won't get online ?

Common sense should dictate not to use something that screwed you over (the first time it's a mistake, the second time it's not a mistake anymore).
Common sense should also tell you that a person that just joined the site last month and has 28 posts with a donate button might not have your best interests in mind.

But hey, it's the intarwebz.....toss logic to the wind.

Unlawful

Nov 18, 2011
Sydney
If you are unable to go into recovery or fastboot mode, then I'm afraid you are hard bricked and there really isn't anything you can do apart from return it to Samsung (hoping they will actually fix it or replace it). At the moment, there is no Unbrickable mod for the Galaxy Nexus.

MaximeRoy77

Feb 16, 2011
Saint-Georges, Québec
about.me
I can go in Bootloader, but can't load or install Recovery

Error: FAILED (data transfer failure (too many links))

The battery won't charge either in Bootloader so I need to wait for an external battery charger from eBay, in the mean time I am showing some love to a NEXUS S bought on Craiglist yesterday.

;-(

hawkm

May 5, 2011
This is the one reason why I don't wanna root. I'm afraid of my device becoming a full brick. I know that Wugs will unbrick and restore a bootloop or a GNex that is stuck on the Google logo, but has anyone found out if you can UnBrick a GNex that won't turn on?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried manually flashing the stock images through fastboot? If you have the i9250 (GSM Maguro) Please follow this guide on restoring to stock using the fastboot method. It has helped me before. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1366806

fOR the step 4) Boot your phone into the Bootloader mode

my phone cannot turn on , so how can i boot my phone into Boorloader mods?