[NAND] ZeamDroid v7.2.1 + USB Tether [12 Jan 2013]

Search This thread

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
I left this project long time ago, sorry.

I recommend anyone to try IceDroid_v8, this nand-rom is the best so far and it's ready for daily using. Many thanks to jerrytan93.

revol5

Aug 19, 2007
Seoul
I do really appreciate your work.
As Ice droid doesn't support wifi tether, I decided to use this Zeam driod V5, the fastest and wifi tether support ever!

BTW, for other users, Zeam droid gapps download VERY slowly, could you upload it in other site?

Reactions: kuskro

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
I do really appreciate your work.
As Ice droid doesn't support wifi tether, I decided to use this Zeam driod V5, the fastest and wifi tether support ever!

BTW, for other users, Zeam droid gapps download VERY slowly, could you upload it in other site?

Now the ZeamDroid_Gapps.zip link is working properly.

On the other hand, you can do USB tethering with IceDroid v8. After, you can connect your xperia x1 to a netbook (as a network bridge) via usb cable and share the connection with a router via RJ45 cable, so at the end do wifi tether.

Best.

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
Well, I'm completely out of "the developers realm" but I bring you a new release because some good friends asked me to do it. I must say that I don't have time to help anyone with this release because I have many serious personal problems to attend in my life. I beg your pardon for leaving you alone with this experimental project.

Best.

Last edited:

oakes

Jun 8, 2012
Well, I'm completely out of "the developers realm" but I bring you a new release because some friend asked me to do it. I must say that I don't have time to help anyone with this release because I'm so busy with my real life. I beg your pardon for leaving you alone with this experimental project.

Best for everyone.

Wow, thank you so much. It is pretty stable.

I normally use the last SetCPU version with CM7 roms but the idea of using CPU Tuner is better for keeping the battery working.

Reactions: kuskro

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
Thanks but this rom is coolrunnerII's rom, so if it is stable is because coolrunnerII implementations. I only changed the framework, some apps and removed CM stuff, nothing more nothing less. I really don't deserve any merit.

ady_95

Feb 22, 2011
Bacau
With the mention that I changed the launcher and I didn't follow your guide completely because it is my main phone and the battery was low, I may say that this ROM is very stable.
PROS:
- Market fully working
- Stable wi-fi
- VERY Stable system
- Apps chosen for increasing the performance are ones of the best free apps

CONS:
- Stock browser missing
- CyanogenMod Settings are missing
- Waking from suspend takes a bit more than usual

I have 1 question: is the boot.img in this rom the one from Elibl?

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
CONS:
- Stock browser missing
- CyanogenMod Settings are missing
- Waking from suspend takes a bit more than usual

I have 1 question: is the boot.img in this rom the one from Elibl?

Give me one day to upload a new version, it is going to be more stable with the screen locker suspend, but we will need CPU Tuner to control it.

I've tried the new Elibl's boot.img but it overheats this rom, therefore I use zargloub last kernel.

The CyanogenMod stuff doesn't work properly with our cpu, that the reason I've removed it, except CMscreenshot.

Last edited:

ady_95

Feb 22, 2011
Bacau
I've tried the new Elibl's boot.img but it overheats this rom, therefore I use zargloub last kernel.

The CyanogenMod stuff doesn't work properly with our cpu, that the reason I've removed it, except CMscreenshot.

It doesn't work well with our CPU but "it does work with our display", and the incapability of disabling the screen-on and sceen-off effects is affecting the overall experience because of the "waking from suspend" bug, and also the unlock screen is a bit laggy than the one with the rotating ring.
So PLEASE include those things in the new ROM because it's very important!

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
It doesn't work well with our CPU but "it does work with our display", and the incapability of disabling the screen-on and sceen-off effects is affecting the overall experience because of the "waking from suspend" bug, and also the unlock screen is a bit laggy than the one with the rotating ring.
So PLEASE include those things in the new ROM because it's very important!

New release: ZeamDroid_v7.0.5.zip

I've tried to solve the problems you've mentioned. It's very important to follow the instructions for CPU Tuner to avoid the screen locked problems.

Best.

Last edited:
Reactions: attisa

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
In my opinion, I think Zeam has a slightly lower frame rate than LauncherPro. Even the 3D drawer works fine. But then you get bombarded with ads to upgrade and it sort of ruins the whole ROM name.

Great work on getting WiFi tether to work!

Hi BrianXP7, thanks for your feedbacks.

For this rom I've used a very old market version because the modern ones interfere with wifi, so if we want a wifi working we need a old market version. Therefore, when you open the market for the first time you get bombarded with the app updates because it's something automatic, it's not my fault, it is something about the old market version installed but it happens only once. So, if you go inside of the market and uncheck the updates for all apps, that's all.

I did thousand of proofs with other market versions but the one we use now is the best so far.

The rom is so stable and reliable, and Zeam Launcher is the launcher that consumes less battery. This rom is in pristine conditions for daily using if you follow the rom installation instructions.

This is not a new rom, it's a review of the current CyanogenMod nand roms for xperia x1, so it has the best of coolrunnerII and jerrytan93 work.

On the other hand, we can't wifi-tethering with this rom because we don't have the modules we need for it. But instead, we can USB tethering (with Easy Tether Pro).

Best.

Last edited:

ady_95

Feb 22, 2011
Bacau
I've tried to solve the problems you've mentioned. It's very important to follow the instructions for CPU Tuner to avoid the screen locked problems.
Best.

I would like to say the same thing, but the screen problem is still there when you have a couple of apps running (in my case, Wordpress and Browser), and the guide was followed exactly STEP by STEP.
Despite this, the rom is totally stable and I hope you will not end the modding soon.
Still waiting for a version with CM settings (or a flashable *.zip with the settings if possible)

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
I would like to say the same thing, but the screen problem is still there when you have a couple of apps running (in my case, Wordpress and Browser), and the guide was followed exactly STEP by STEP.
Despite this, the rom is totally stable and I hope you will not end the modding soon.
Still waiting for a version with CM settings (or a flashable *.zip with the settings if possible)

In my case it works properly, sometimes the screen off/on is a bit laggy and you have to press power button twice. Try to use "fastreboot" app to get more spare memory, GB doesn't leave too much free memory to have several apps working together (for that reason I prefer Froyo). I don't like the stock browser, try to remove it with SysAppRemover and instead use Opera Mini or Maxthon.

On the other hand, if we want CPU tuner working properly it is necessary to remove CM stuff.

Well, I'm completely out of "the developers realm" but I bring you a new release because some good friends asked me to do it. I must say that I don't have time to help anyone with this release because I have many serious personal problems to attend in my life. I beg your pardon for leaving you alone with this experimental project.

Best for everyone.

Last edited:

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
Last edited:

gummikungen

Oct 23, 2009
Answering a call

I have tried a this NAND a few days and it is fast and stable. I use it every day.
But is there anybody else who experience same problems as I when recieving a phone call? When pressing tha answering button the microphone doesen't work. Speaker is fine.
This normally happens after the second call and lasts until I reboot.

I had exactly the same problem with nand Icedroid.

kuskro

Sep 6, 2009
I have tried a this NAND a few days and it is fast and stable. I use it every day.
But is there anybody else who experience same problems as I when recieving a phone call? When pressing tha answering button the microphone doesen't work. Speaker is fine.
This normally happens after the second call and lasts until I reboot.

I had exactly the same problem with nand Icedroid.

Yes, I'm trying to mend it. Meanwhile, if you press speaker on and just after you press off that solves the problem. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Reactions: gummikungen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SqH7JD2W
    2KvD1znT

[NAND] ZeamDroid v7.2.1 GB 2.3.7 Build [20130112]

Kernel: CoolrunnerII's experimental kernel 20130107 (boot_LCD_Power_off.img)
    Launcher: Zeam Launcher v_3.1.10

After following different ROMs for my Xperia x1, I’ve decided to add my reviews to a minimalist ROM based on the current Xperia X1 CyanogenMod nand roms. So, all merits and credits ought to go to CyanogenMod Team, CoolrunnerII, jerrytan93 and zargloub.

Modifications included that I consider fundamental respect advances made in other roms:

- A minimalistic launcher designed for minimal memory usage, lightweight and stability (less battery consumption and more battery life).
    - Battery icon shows % sync.
    - Bootanimation changed.
    - No overheating.
    - USB-tether compatibility (with EasyTetherPro.apk).
    - Market problems solved.
    - Hardware keys problem caused by suspend process and screen locker solved.
    - LED Notifications Controller (Light Flow Lite).
    - GPS working in good conditions (GPS aids added).
    - Wifi problem caused by market and suspend process solved (except WEP).

As usual, you'll be responsible of any damage because of installing it on your Xperia X1, sorry for the inconvenience this experimental project could cause to your cell.

The rom is so stable and reliable, and Zeam Launcher is the launcher which consumes less battery. This rom is in good conditions for daily using if you follow properly the rom installation instructions.

HOW TO:

a. Download the bundle: “ZeamDroid_v7.2.1.zip”. (NOTE: Please check the downloaded file name because some web browser rename them adding a space bar between the dot and the file extension, for example: "ZeamDroid_v7.2.1.^zip".)
    b. Remove the SIM card till the installation will finish, set it always after second reboot. (Very Important).
    c. Enabling to boot with SD card inserted: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24590744&postcount=337
    d. Install the rom following the next instructions to have ready your phone to have a nand rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329379
    e. Make a full wiped: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22586989&postcount=3
    f. And install the rom with CWM recovery.

*01. Before first reboot (first time boot into Android):

a. Be patient, wait till the build will be fully installed.
    b. Choose 'Default Activity' in the first boot but do not add any google account (leave the action for the second reboot). You may click on the left-top keypad pressbutton to change from landscape screen position to portrait.
    c. Choose Zeam Launcher as default launcher (After second reboot you can choose RippleLock as default to have this screen locker working).
    d. Do not enable wifi till second reboot, please.
    e. Disable Market Updater (you can jump this step if you want the market to be updated to google play):
    ---> Open Terminal Emulator app and type the following command in the terminal emulator:
    ---> su *PRESS ENTER*
    ---> pm disable com.android.vending.updater *PRESS ENTER AGAIN*
    f. Go to “Settings > Display > Brightness >" and adjust a different brightness of the screen (you can control it with Quicksettings status bar shortcut, I recommend it) . For better performance disable "auto-rotate screen" and "animations", too.
    g. Go to “Settings > Location & Security >”, uncheck “Use GPS satellites”. GPS does work but it interferes on the Wifi, so do not use both together.
    h. Go to "Settings > Call Settings >", uncheck "In-call touch UI".
    i. Open 'Auto Mount' app and check 'Enable SD card Auto-Mounting' (This let you gain access to your mobile SD card from PC).
    j. With "Light Flow Lite" app we can disable the annoying LED notifications but before making changes over notifications leds disable the app temporarily. On Settings, set "direct mode", enable "run it in foreground", create a shortcut on the status bar. Then, on Notifications, enable all notifications and disable all the notifications light. After, to apply the changes, enable the app and turn off the screen. (Note: the app has a sleep mode that disable all leds).
    k. Reboot.

*02. After first reboot:

a. Now you can add a google account via wifi, but be sure you sync your emails, calendar, picasa and contacts before continuing with the rest.
    b. Go to Zeam Launcher Preferences and restart the launcher. Now you will able to access to the market. When you open the market for the first time you get bombarded with the apps' updates because it's something automatic, it's not my fault, it is something about the old market version installed but it happens only once. So, it's good to go inside of the market and uncheck the updates for all apps.
    c. Power off and insert now the SIM card.
    d. Charge the battery till 100%, remove the battery stats via recovery and let the phone discharges the battery completely before plug it again to AC. Whereby your are going to have better battery control. It's only necessary once or when you replace the battery for a new one. The battery measurement are better after several charging and discharging, don't expect to have it working from the beginning.
    e. That's all folks.

NOTES:
    * The mobile signal are settled on UMTS-WCDMA by default (it saves battery), so if you had sim troubles because of your provider only support UMTS-HSDPA/HSUPA, you should modify the command line ro.ril.hsxpa=0 to ro.ril.hsxpa=2 on /system/build.prop file with a file explorer like Root Explorer or Astro or ES File Explorer (free).
    * For this rom I've used a very old market version because the modern ones interfere with wifi, so if we want a wifi working we need an old market version. Do not update the market version because you will have wifi problems.
    * If you want better battery performance, uninstall any Taskmanager you've already installed and use FastReboot, instead.
    * GAPPS had already included in this build, so no need to flash the zip separately.
    * If you don't follow the Elibl instructions to able booting with SD card inserted, you'll have to remove your SD card before booting each time when you'll reboot the device.
    * Battery Monitor Widget Pro is the best option to know about your battery behavior.
    * Let me remind you that it is important remove the SIM card before installing any rom and wait till everything is done to use the sim card.
    * The battery works for a day and a half if you disable wifi and 3G, instead use 2G all day long (enough for whatsapp and gmail). Please, only use wifi when you need it but after disabling it for avoiding drain the battery.

Screenshots:
    ...and most important is DID YOU ASK FOR PERMISSION??

Yes, I did.

Best.
    New bundle.

Changelog ZeamDroid v.4

Included the new Zeam Launcher 3.1.9:

--->Fixed folder force close.
    --->Fixed wallpaper offset bug.
    --->Apps grid horizontal paging spacing tweak.
    --->Apps grid vertical scrolling tweak.
    --->Dock items slightly scaled up.
    --->Other minor fixes and improvements.

Best.
    tryed and working really good, but battery drain is still too high :(

Well, try to use always a 2G data network (GPRS and Edge network is enough for whatsapp and gmail) and uninstall "Load Monitor". Disable Vending Updater and only sync gmail and whatsapp.

I did with this rom what I'm able. This rom is working with ext3 format without journaling, so it wastes less battery. At the same time, it is working with the lowest memory usage system because of Zeam Launcher and the framework I used.

So, it works smoothly and quickly as other ext3 roms.

I tried other ext3 roms just to compare the battery usage, and with this rom I save around a 30%.

Best.
    New release: “ZeamDroid_v7.0.9.zip

Changelog:

1. I deleted "LEDmeknow" app and I did small changes to included "Light Flow Lite" to control the LED notifications. This app has a sleep mode that disable all led notifications but you lose the "missing call" notifications, instead you can modify each notifications one by one. Take care and do not play too much with this app, set "direct mode", disable "run it in foreground" and before making changes disable the app temporarily and enable later.

2. Modified the default settings for the "Phone ringtone" to avoid the microphone problems in received calls.The bug is still there but by default the "Phone ringtone" is not in "silent" mode. I've already created a new TelephonyProvider.apk which solves this problem completely but I didn't include in this release because it has other bugs to be solved.

3. Now you can set CPU tuner frequency on 614max. and 19min.

The rom is pretty stable and reliable. No overheat, better battery consume control. I tried to do my best on it.

Best.