Nexus 4 Display control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

drew_grant

Aug 2, 2010
St. Louis
It does work. I just don't know what each setting combinations look the best.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

kyleds

Jun 12, 2009
Honolulu
Can someone post their settings for this app. Black's are too light and colors not as vibrant as when using cm calibration settings on the previous nexus'

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

guapinoy

Jan 5, 2007
Can someone post their settings for this app. Black's are too light and colors not as vibrant as when using cm calibration settings on the previous nexus'

This is a different type of screen. Blacks will not be as deep nor colors will it be as saturated as super amoled. As far as settings I use 255 190 255.

Hung0702

Mar 1, 2009
Google Pixel 6
I use Fauxclock. It's got CPU/GPU clock and voltage control, in addition to color (and gamma, when ROMs/kernels begin to support it). You can also select an IO scheduler.

Basically it does all the same stuff as Voltage Control, SetCPU, Incredicontrol, and N4 Display Control, but it's in one app so it's overall cheaper.

Reactions: frescagod
Aug 29, 2010
I went to a Best Buy today and compared my N4's screen directly to a Optimus G. I didn't actually think my screen looked yellow at all until I compared it to the Optimus G. My N4's screen looked terribly yellow, was less bright, and had worse viewing angles than both of the Optimus G's my local Best Buy had on display.

Based off the first post in this thread for the GNex, I set my Nexus 4 to settings of:

I haven't tinkered too much but this seems to make things a bit better.

Has anyone else experienced the screen turning very yellow, almost brown, when viewing from the corners of the device? I am pretty unhappy with the viewing angles on the phone, especially after comparing it to the Optimus G, which is supposed to have the same display.

heat361

Dec 27, 2011
New York City
I went to a Best Buy today and compared my N4's screen directly to a Optimus G. I didn't actually think my screen looked yellow at all until I compared it to the Optimus G. My N4's screen looked terribly yellow, was less bright, and had worse viewing angles than both of the Optimus G's my local Best Buy had on display.

Based off the first post in this thread for the GNex, I set my Nexus 4 to settings of:

I haven't tinkered too much but this seems to make things a bit better.

Has anyone else experienced the screen turning very yellow, almost brown, when viewing from the corners of the device? I am pretty unhappy with the viewing angles on the phone, especially after comparing it to the Optimus G, which is supposed to have the same display.

Do you think there is a limit set on the brightness maybe a dev could unlock that limit to make the phone more brighter

Juli112

Dec 18, 2011
This app puts an overlay on top of your screen, so it doesn't really "change" your display colors. Also: the overlay should disappear when you try to install an app because of the security issues with having one in place when trying to install an app. I believe Lux and other similar apps do this too.

But why you can't see it on a screenshot then?

Aug 29, 2010
This app puts an overlay on top of your screen, so it doesn't really "change" your display colors. Also: the overlay should disappear when you try to install an app because of the security issues with having one in place when trying to install an app. I believe Lux and other similar apps do this too.

The screen settings definitely do not change when you attempt to install a different app.

Why do you say this is just an overlay? It is baked into the kernel.

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
Everyone should check out the public spreadsheet in my sig. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts