Slimport to HDMI Adapters

Search This thread

RobilarOCN

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
Could you please post your experience with any Slimport adapters tested with the G Pad?

I know the Cable Matters brand (from Amazon) works, there is a Youtube review posted on it.

Would be interested in seeing what other brands work and which is the best.

Thanks

JimMutth

Sep 22, 2012
The adapter listed above from Amazon is the one I got and it works great. The only issue is that it charges the tablet slower, but it does charge while I am using it.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

MetalmanIX

Jan 15, 2014
The one from amazon does not ship to Europe and the HDMI out is one of the many reasons I bought this tablet damn.

Any good alternatives that are tested and ship to Europe?

MetalmanIX

Jan 15, 2014
Well, I bought this one from Amazon France, originally for my Nexus 4, and it works flawlessly with my Gpad :

I don't know if it ships to Italy or anywhere else in Europe, but I think it does.

Thank you very much for your answer mate. They do ship it in Greece but yikes 30euros without shipping, that hurts bad.

Impromark

Nov 28, 2013
Calgary
The one I got from eBay above STILL hasn't arrived after five weeks (they said it should arrive today or tomorrow)... Once it does I'll review it for everyone. Here's hoping!

Mark

cabernet54

Oct 22, 2009
Nokia 7 Plus
From amazon.fr search "SlimPort-femelle-Adaptateur-Optimus-Infinity+hdmi+nexus+4"

I chose the first! for Euro 16,95

This I have already caught myself and it works perfectly, the price was good and the quality of the materials too! :good:

Tested the adapter and ..... works perfectly on my Nexus 4 and on the loving G Pad 8.3.
The immediate mirroring ok , do not activate anything, except to verify that the entry of the external monitor on, and set to HDMI. Video and audio are perfect and there is no lag, maximum fluidity and faithful reproduction of what is happening on the screen of the G Pad , I tried a video and I sailed a bit ' in WIFI sitting on the couch.
I do not play , but I am convinced that for some passionate playing on a giant screen could be a "must have"
For remote control , there are several options , including:
- Bluetooth keyboard and mouse ;
- App for Android smartphones as " Tablet remote" , either via bluetooth (the one I 'm using ) and via WIFI ;
- Mousepade mini keyboard with integrated bluetooth as always RII or RII MINI MINI I8 ELEGANCE with Italian layout ;
- Joystick or gamepad bluetooth.
On the net you will find various models , at prices affordable even .

Unfortunately, this side of the adapter port microusb myDP only allows you to power your device while mirroring, and not to accept a USB OTG adapter ( tried but it does not work , at least in this model), but I think it is a very common problem (maybe because that port was enabled only for the voltage and not for data ), and we must be satisfied that performs its function very well.
I remember that during the G Pad mirrored by SLIMPORT not require any power supply (optional) for proper operation , while for devices that use the MHL format (like many Samsung ) was mandatory .
This mode , however, was to be preferred to that of type " miracast " , more expensive , less fluid and problematic.
I think that with an additional HDMI to VGA or HDMI to DVI interface you can also safely projectors in case you need to make presentations in a professional field .

See you soon friends.

Last edited:

MetalmanIX

Jan 15, 2014
ebay com/itm/1080P-Slimport-micro-USB-to-HDMI-TV-Adapter-cable-4-Google-Nexus-4-7-LG-Pad-Asus-/251405549341?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3a88f03f1d

I just went and bought the one on the link above(just correct the ebay dot com to see it).

It actually states in the product description that it works with the LG G Pad. I ll post back when I receive but I guess its gonna take some time.

ivanegg

Jul 7, 2007
Hong Kong
Working Slimport to HDMI Cable

I bought one in Hong Kong !
It's NOT an Adapter, it's a direct micro USB to HDMI male plug Cable !!! with optional micro usb plug for charging !!!

HKD - $200 = around USD $25 - 26

It works on my LG G Pad with the CM 11 nightly cm-11-20140119-NIGHTLY-v500.zip ROM

:D:D:D

fax11

Aug 19, 2013
Paris
OnePlus 8T
for french customers

if you look for this slimport (1.8M SlimPort / MYDP vers HDMI femelle Adaptateur pour Google Nexus 4 E960/ Google Nexus 7 2103/ LG Optimus G Pro / Fujitsu Arrows Tab / Asus Padfone Infinity) for an example have a look to different sellers, amazon : 17€95, priceminister : 10€56. free shipping for both sites. it has the advantage to have a male interface for hdmi.

Jurisprudence

Apr 5, 2013
I bought one from here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slimport-My...exus-5-4-7-II-2013-LG-E960-D820-/181285491912

Do not buy this adapter. There is a delay/lag from Gpad to HDMI and while the seller specifically states it works with the GPad it doesn't charge the tablet sufficiently. While using it (I have tested it while mirroring and also with HDMI male port unplugged) the Gpad will slowly discharge despite showing as charging on the tablet. When plugged into my HTC one (which is MHL naturally not Slimport) it reports as slow charging so its not just the Gpad causing the problem.

Pissed off now after waiting weeks for delivery. Will attempt to get a replacement that actually works from the ebayer and will shout back if its the same story as the 1st.

fg102

Jun 29, 2006
amazon.co.uk/SlimPort-Adapter-Converter-Google-optimus/dp/B00EZ2MN68/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1390559286&sr=1-14&keywords=Slimport

is that the same tha you got MetalmanIX

Jurisprudence

Apr 5, 2013
Just an update on the ebay Slimport seller I bought mine from. They declared it faulty and offered a refund straight away. In my suspicious mind that says either they are out of stock (which they are not as they are still selling) or they have no confidence in their product that a replacement would charge the LG Gpad. Won't be buying from them again.

Impromark

Nov 28, 2013
Calgary
And an update on mine - it never arrived. The vendor responded quickly to my communications but it hasn't shown up after the expected arrival time. Good on the vendor to quickly refund my purchase. If it suddenly DOES arrive I'll let y'all know.

Mark

MetalmanIX

Jan 15, 2014

ebay com/itm/1080P-Slimport-micro-USB-to-HDMI-TV-Adapter-cable-4-Google-Nexus-4-7-LG-Pad-Asus-/251405549341?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3a88f03f1d

I just went and bought the one on the link above(just correct the ebay dot com to see it).

It actually states in the product description that it works with the LG G Pad. I ll post back when I receive but I guess its gonna take some time.

For those interest mine arrived today and with a few minutes of testing it looks like its working perfectly!
Also, took only 17 days to arrive from Hong Kong to Europe(Greece).

On the downside, this guy just doubled the price of it!!!!! I bought it for 15.28USD and its now selling it for 35.28USD!!!!

Such a shame.

Top Liked Posts