[Q] Changing CID back to original

Search This thread

stanny2k

Jun 7, 2011
Cardiff
In case anyone is wondering what HTC fixed on my device...

Here's the report (I requested)...

Apply modification/fix per Service Advisory (Level2) Speaker Malfunction P002 F145 L2 F107.1 zam. 76H09596-00M, Mesh,Top-speaker, CNC-step 76H09596-01M Receiver Malfunction
Apply modification/fix per Service Advisory (Level2) Speaker Malfunction P002 F145 L2 F107.1 zam. 76H09595-00M, Mesh,Bottom-speaker, CNC-step 76H09595-01M Receiver Malfunction
Replace C parts (mylar, gasket,…) Parts cannot re-use per SM instruction O04 R001 L0 F107.1 Copper Foil,MTM VCM Camera,WJE 72H07806-00M Receiver Malfunction
Replace Camera Camera / Flash malfunction G117 F506 L2 F107.1 zam. 54H00500-00M, 54H00511-00M, 54H00513-00M Camera,LITEON,4Mpixel,L9598A3,OV4688,AF, 54H00517-00M Receiver Malfunction
Replace Rigid-Flex Board (FPC board) Speaker Malfunction M201.2 F145 L2 F107.1 Rigid-Flex Board ASSY,w/o_Regional_ID,USB board 51H10208-00M Receiver Malfunction
Replace Speaker Speaker Malfunction G103 F145 L2 F107.1 zam. 36H01931-00M, Speaker,AAC ELECTRONICS,DMSP0916ASM-C-18 36H01924-00M Receiver Malfunction
Replace Receiver Receiver Malfunction G103.1 F107.1 L2 F107.1 Speaker,,EAS1S189B 36H01916-00M Receiver Malfunction

They don't send these reports by default... I literally just had an email saying..

Dear Ryan,

Device HTC One, Serial No. HT33JW903442, is now awaiting shipment in our warehouse and should be returned to you within a couple of days.

Many thanks,

HTC Customer Care

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im sending my phone back to HTC for repair.

I have two questions...

Would they look at the CID?
    Can I change it back to my original CID if I've already installed a RUU that doesn't allow my CID? (sounds like a dumb question)

I read your other post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2599739 and probably a lot of others too, no answer because I have none.

So here's a small summary:
    1- you're S-ON again, so changing CID cannot be done
    2- you have a .401. software version which means it cannot be CID H3G, so HTC__001 is correct for that software version
    3- you've removed TAMPERED and set to LOCKED (not relocked)

4- I don't know how the service center will react, and whether they would bother checking CID, etc. (from what I've seen the UK centers are quite lenient)

If you really want to go back fully to your carrier version, and "out of the box", you can take a look at my guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082
    but that means starting the procedure all the way from the start again, ie
    -- unlocking (and you're gonna have to do that with HTCdev)
    -- s-off using rumrunner.
    then follow the rest of the guide.

Don't know if it's worth the hassle; but if you need help with it, post back there.

cheers
    Thanks for taking the time in responding mate. The issue I have is that I can't get a stock RUU for my H3G CID... It just doesn't seem to exist anywhere... I think a few other people are asking the same question... Which is why I've had to change my CID to HTC__001..

Well if you checked my guide, you'd see that method 3 (CWM Backup), works, and there is a H3G__001 backup out there; as a matter of fact, the example I used was for H3G__001.
    In that case, I take that back :) I'm going to follow your guide again tonight.

The last thing I want is for HTC to say No, they cant do my repair cause I've messed about with my phone...

Oh, and have a "thanks" :)

I'm going to recommend this CWM recovery, just cause the newer versions are taking close to an hour to backup/restore:

recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.3.2-m7--v2.img 7.2 MB
    https://mega.co.nz/#!6E8RiIrQ!GF5LyhmEdg8OQJxuQVVjwSxBljxhW7xsZAHLzjVACsc
    MD: 1c6afb14db3f305b0ad7d85d5af80bef

Also, please follow the instruction properly, no jumping, skipping or adding steps :)

The only slightly tricky part (as mentioned), is in Step 6, where when the phone reboots to "stock recovery" it could hang somewhere between 25% to 50%, and you have to manually reboot, and (possibly) again towards the end, and you have to reboot manually again.
    This is a known side effect because stock recovery is not exactly the same as your version, but it's not a problem.

After the FIRST (and only the FIRST) OTA update, should you go back S-On, because hboot 1.55 has a patch that will force TAMPERED to come back if you go from s-off to s-on.
    NB: after the first OTA, you're phone will be 100% stock.

If you have any trouble (hopefully not), post back in my thread, as I get instant notifications on that (and if i'm still awake, i'm 2 hours ahead), and I'll try to help out.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Oh, and have a "thanks" :)
    Thanks, I like those :eek:
    When you say "should you go back S-On" do I let the first OTA update install, then manually go back to S-ON, then let the other updates install once I've got S-ON back?

yep, exactly, after the 1st OTA, your phone will be 100% "out-of-the-box"; once the OTA updates successfully it will mean
    1- your entire firmware was updated (hboot, recovery, kernel, radio, etc)
    2- your ROM will also be updated, proving everything is 100%

otherwise, the OTA would not be able to complete.

Now due to a patch in later hboots (in particular 1.55 as far as i know), going from s-off to s-on, will (after a few reboots) result in "tamper detected - rebooting" and TAMPERED is back.

so in summary, if you really need to go S-On, you do so after first successful OTA (using the command mentioned in my guide), and then you can take any OTAs you like.
    hope that makes sense :)
    Sorry to hear you had some troubles :(, are you on Windows 8 or 8.1, is that why adb wasn't working.

Also have a two questions about stock recovery you used,
    1- when you used 1.28.401.7 the OTA didnt work, or you didnt try?
    2- when you used 2.24.771.3 did the OTA hang at any point, or did it reboot (twice, I believe), correctly and by itself?
    would be nice if you could give me some more info, it would probably be helpful to others too.

Thanks

I'm on Windows 7 mate. It just seemed really intermittent. May have been my USB lead/port.

1.28.401.7 - Downloaded the OTA fine, when the phone rebooted to install, it just hung on the "Entering Recovery" screen... Didnt get past that.
    2.24.771.3 - Downloaded the OTA fine, booted into Recovery fine, hung on the first quarter (had to manually reboot) after that it installed straight away.

Hope this helps.