[Q] ADB: No devices found - HTC EVO 3D GSM

Search This thread

FishermanCZE

Nov 14, 2013
Hello,

I have my HTC EVO 3D with this ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2526391 (CyanogenMod 11 - Android 4.4.3) and I cannot connect my phone with computer and use ADB. The reason is propably that when I connect my phone to PC it is shown as Mass Storage with name "HTC" (YES, I have USB debugging on). I have tried to reinstall drivers several times but it still says that my drivers are correct. I have the latest adb (1.0.31).

Thanks for help.

Brian706

Oct 29, 2012
Hey man! My first thought was that you need to update adb but I see you've already done that. Assuming you're not having any driver issues, I want to say that the phone needs to be in charge only mode (not mass storage).

Now if that simple change doesn't help anything, and you're on the updated adb, it has to be a driver issue, cable issue or issue with some other software running on the computer.

HTC sync for example can interfere with fastboot/adb. Even if your drivers are okay.

Also, since jellybean; with the updated adb, there is an on-screen prompt as a newer security feature.

So make sure your screen is awake and check to see that you aren't getting a prompt to allow your computer to communicate with the device via adb.

Last edited:

FishermanCZE

Nov 14, 2013
My phone is in charge-only mode. In the computer my phone appears as a Mass Storage but I don't see it in "My Computer" as a device (only in Device Manager). I have tried to install HTC Sync, uninstall it and so on.. I'have also tried to connect my phone to another computer and it makes same things...

Arthemedus

Aug 3, 2013
This might be far off but have you installed bluestacks or anything similar? It's known to mess with ADB and the like.

Brian706

Oct 29, 2012
Also you could try a Ubuntu live cd as it should eliminate any driver issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Look here.
    This is originally not dedicated to your phone but should work as well.